FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [r02 - 2015-12-13] Flashcast-AutoRoot

781 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,508

By ddggttff3, Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 13th December 2015, 09:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th June 2017, 05:34 AM |#331  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsch79

With 44333 you will not be able to use google play video for video streaming. That's why i just reverted to stock.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

How did you revert back to stock? Thanks

10th June 2017, 07:52 AM |#332  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niphoet

How did you revert back to stock? Thanks

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...e_pid=72094986

There is the "back to stock" zip Image i used to revert my CC.

You can flash it using flashcast v1. 3, like you would flash the eureka rom.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
11th June 2017, 03:58 PM |#333  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 90

More
I'm giving up and I'm getting ready to flash my CC back to stock. Before I do, does anybody want to trade a gen 2 CC for my rootable CC?
14th June 2017, 02:47 PM |#334  
Flag Ostrava
Thanks Meter: 43

More
gived up. Flashed stock and now everything ok.
14th June 2017, 03:30 PM |#335  
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody1

I'm giving up and I'm getting ready to flash my CC back to stock. Before I do, does anybody want to trade a gen 2 CC for my rootable CC?

I would keep the rooted one and buy the gen 2 cc... It's like $30 now... WHAT IF they come up with a way of fixing the AutoRoot or if they decide to keep updating Eureka ROM? They did 44333 or whatever version, maybe they skip a few, but end up releasing one that works with most of the apps. I don't get it. I stay away from Apple because Android can root easier than Jailbreak an iOS, but now Google is following the Apple way? Jeez... Reminds me of the Toshiba AT305 ended up being my son's gaming tablet until they even stopped updating the OS on it! With root you can at least port other ROMs and give it more lifespan... SMH! All they care about is making $$$

Which leads me to a question I've had for a while, what is the major differences of the gen 1 and gen 2? Faster processor, better video? Because that could mean the end of gen 1 soon also....
25th June 2017, 04:22 AM |#336  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody1

I just picked up a new CC2 for "stock/OTA updates". In everyday use, I can't detect any improvement over the CC1. My rooted CC1 can have a holiday after several years of solid use. It can be in reserve until a new AutoRoot patch (or another use) comes along.
6th July 2017, 11:55 PM |#337  
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Yeah, I was also "forced" to revert to stock on one of my CC. Second one can rest in shelf, until we came with some solution to this situation. If not, EurekaROM is still valid solution to make sure, that rooted CC will stay rooted, even if its outdated.
7th July 2017, 01:46 PM |#338  
Flag DFW
Thanks Meter: 3,340

Donate to Me
More
[ROM] [r02 - 2015-12-13] Flashcast-AutoRoot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srandista

Yeah, I was also "forced" to revert to stock on one of my CC. Second one can rest in shelf, until we came with some solution to this situation. If not, EurekaROM is still valid solution to make sure, that rooted CC will stay rooted, even if its outdated.

My take, and that is all it is: it is highly unlikely time will get spent on the gen 1 device. It is a losing cause (old device, verified boot, etc. all a long term cat and mouse game to overcome, even for Magisk).

Android is headed the way of Apple and creating much more difficult rooting abilities with consumer (though not necessarily dev) devices. Arm's hardware based security is at the heart of it and that is nearly (leaving room for exploitable bugs here) impossible to beat.

With that said, the Eureka devs open sourced their code. Anyone is therefore free to attempt updates and overcoming things. I dev a lot and can't honestly find the value in updating it just so root sticks on an old device.

Use your old devices as routers, or IoT gateways or some such thing if you keep them rooted by sticking with Eureka. No shelving needed.

All, JMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
7th July 2017, 07:45 PM |#339  
Thanks Meter: 374

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhite

My take, and that is all it is: it is highly unlikely time will get spent on the gen 1 device. It is a losing cause (old device, verified boot, etc. all a long term cat and mouse game to overcome, even for Magisk).

Android is headed the way of Apple and creating much more difficult rooting abilities with consumer (though not necessarily dev) devices. Arm's hardware based security is at the heart of it and that is nearly (leaving room for exploitable bugs here) impossible to beat.

With that said, the Eureka devs open sourced their code. Anyone is therefore free to attempt updates and overcoming things. I dev a lot and can't honestly find the value in updating it just so root sticks on an old device.

Use your old devices as routers, or IoT gateways or some such thing if you keep them rooted by sticking with Eureka. No shelving needed.

All, JMO.

I can't blame or expect any Dev to waste valuable time working on a project that seems to have very little benefit other than being able to say "I'm Rooted!"
There are just so many more productive uses of their time IMO.

I personally have moved beyond the CCast and now use Android box devices that with a little tweaking can be used like a CCast with the added benefit of running Kodi and is even supported by the Windows Cast capability. And I can plug in hard drives, and Remote controls for a much better user experience.

You can find cheap versions of these boxes for a mere $20-30 US more than a CCast.
Or you can splurge like I did and get yourself one of those Zidoo 9S or 10 models that actually have an HDMI input for your Cable box making it work much like the old GoogleTV units.

CCast was great at the time and is still useful but technology has marched on and really sort of left CCast behind.
It's limited and not quite as good as the newer devices which is why Google decided to create Android TV in the first place. Trying to keep up with the competition that didn't exist when the CCast first came out.
7th July 2017, 11:13 PM |#340  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Thanks for ypir personal meaning.... I habe already an Android box beside, but the CC is still connected on a HDMI Port of the AV receiver and its much easier to handle-specialz for my Wife (WAF factor as any other device. So that is not an option to replace the cc with a TV box...
16th July 2017, 09:27 PM |#341  
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 118

More
No change with 90308 firmware?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)