FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [r02 - 2015-12-13] Flashcast-AutoRoot

781 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,508

By ddggttff3, Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 13th December 2015, 09:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th July 2017, 09:27 PM |#341  
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 119

More
No change with 90308 firmware?

18th July 2017, 02:36 AM |#342  
Flag DFW
Thanks Meter: 3,340

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srandista

No change with 90308 firmware?

Laying bets here . . . It will never change. Google can and will win this game. Not that it thrills me, it's simple reality.

Use your CC for general network utility (IoT gateway is my current favorite 'hack') plus whatever Eureka can do; buy something else; or go back to stock.

Most folks should just head back to stock and get a device usable for its intended purpose.

JMT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
18th July 2017, 09:27 AM |#343  
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhite

Laying bets here . . . It will never change. Google can and will win this game. Not that it thrills me, it's simple reality.

Use your CC for general network utility (IoT gateway is my current favorite 'hack') plus whatever Eureka can do; buy something else; or go back to stock.

Most folks should just head back to stock and get a device usable for its intended purpose.

JMT.

As I said previously, I already went back to stock on one om my CC, second is on EurekaROM, so it will stay rooted no matter what. I'm just curious, but as @ddggttff3 mentioned previously, without new source code it probably won't be doable bypass new security measures. But Google is pretty late to release it, still no new release since 1.22.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...kplRzRvcERtaU0
18th July 2017, 04:56 PM |#344  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I can agree this one:
Still waiting for an announcement, that nothing will be done in future or for a further fix (hopefully the last one)
28th July 2017, 05:28 PM |#345  
Flag Canberra
Thanks Meter: 11

More
It's probably been answered.... I flashed this thing into my CC with Eureka 27946.002, how do I flash " any official Google OTA sent to your device" in practice? At the moment CC boots into Eureka with Web interface, does this mean that /cache/install.sh did not do the job even though it reported "AutoRoot-Recovery: Process Complete! Cleaning and rebooting..."?

upd: tried again:
[aik@aik ~]$ ssh root@aikcast
/usr/bin/X11/xauth: not found
# busybox wget http://pdl.team-eureka.com/recovery/install.sh -O /cache/install.sh
Connecting to pdl.team-eureka.com (95.170.82.169:80)
install.sh 100% |************************************************* ******************************************| 3381 0:00:00 ETA
# busybox chmod +x /cache/install.sh
# /cache/install.sh
AutoRoot-Recovery: Running AutoRoot-Recovery Installer!
AutoRoot-Recovery: Downloading now...
AutoRoot-Recovery: Recovery Downloaded Successfully!
AutoRoot-Recovery: Verifiying Recovery...
AutoRoot-Recovery: File Verified Successfully!
AutoRoot-Recovery: Downloading Google OTA...
AutoRoot-Recovery: Verifying Google OTA...
AutoRoot-Recovery: Google OTA Verified! Moving file...
AutoRoot-Recovery: Flashing Recovery...
AutoRoot-Recovery: Process Complete! Cleaning and rebooting...
packet_write_wait: Connection to 192.168.10.130 port 22: Broken pipe

It rebooted and web interface reports "Build Version: 27946.002 (06/04/2015)". Where did that OTA go to then?
10th August 2017, 06:10 PM |#346  
Thanks Meter: 1,184

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srandista

As I said previously, I already went back to stock on one om my CC, second is on EurekaROM, so it will stay rooted no matter what. I'm just curious, but as @ddggttff3 mentioned previously, without new source code it probably won't be doable bypass new security measures. But Google is pretty late to release it, still no new release since 1.22.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...kplRzRvcERtaU0

WARNING: I know almost nothing about the Chromecast, but I have extensive experience with porting Android ROMs.

It seems like the old bootloader you are using does not verify the signature of the boot.img, since you are able to use a custom recovery.

Shouldn't it just be possible to take the new boot.img and remove the verity stuff from fstab and the verity_key, then flash it? It might even make more sense to use a "systemless root" with bind mounts for telnetd over /system/xbin

They finally uploaded 1.26 source code too https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...kplRzRvcERtaU0
10th August 2017, 10:20 PM |#347  
Thanks Meter: 374

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotgeek1

WARNING: I know almost nothing about the Chromecast, but I have extensive experience with porting Android ROMs.

It seems like the old bootloader you are using does not verify the signature of the boot.img, since you are able to use a custom recovery.

Shouldn't it just be possible to take the new boot.img and remove the verity stuff from fstab and the verity_key, then flash it? It might even make more sense to use a "systemless root" with bind mounts for telnetd over /system/xbin

They finally uploaded 1.26 source code too https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...kplRzRvcERtaU0

The old bootloader worked because the old Boot.img didn't bother to check the validity of the system.img.
And the Rooting was done via modifying the system.img.
New boot checks to see that the system.img is from Google...So until some source can be found to modify the new boot.img not much progress is likely.
12th August 2017, 03:43 PM |#348  
Thanks Meter: 1,184

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx

So until some source can be found to modify the new boot.img not much progress is likely.

It's literally right in the link in my previous post! 1.26 folde
12th August 2017, 07:06 PM |#349  
Thanks Meter: 374

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotgeek1

It's literally right in the link in my previous post! 1.26 folde

Did you try to download anything in those folders?

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Check those folders again and tell me what you see....
17th August 2017, 07:36 AM |#350  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, yesterdsay I decided to upgrade my chromecast v1 from "44433.001 [2015-11-15]" to "[ROM] [r02 - 2015-12-13] Flashcast-AutoRoot"

but now I am stuck with a red light
the content of flashcast.log (after having ssh'd with root:letmein credential) is:

Reading recovery parameters
SETUP FAILED: Unsupported Mode! This version of Flashcast can only be ran from the recovery parition of the Chromecast.

any idea what I can do here (I'm ready to revert to full stock) ?

Thanks
17th August 2017, 08:37 AM |#351  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,025

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKyro

Hi, yesterdsay I decided to upgrade my chromecast v1 from "44433.001 [2015-11-15]" to "[ROM] [r02 - 2015-12-13] Flashcast-AutoRoot"

but now I am stuck with a red light
any idea what I can do here (I'm ready to revert to full stock) ?

Reflash Eureka ROM then (re-)read the initial post and the last few pages detailing what has changed that makes this not work directly anymore.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)