FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

[ROM] [r02 - 2015-12-13] Flashcast-AutoRoot

781 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,509

By ddggttff3, Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 13th December 2015, 09:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st January 2018, 06:09 PM |#361  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
For folks who are interested to keep the root in the latest version, I was able to get it boot successfully. I made some random unnecessary changes. But the only change required (on top of the regular rooting changes) are

1. Do not use dmsetup to mount /system. This does check integrity of system partition and will fail.
Essentially in init.rc remove lines
exec /sbin/dmsetup create system -r /dmtable
mount squashfs /dev/mapper/system /system ro nodev noatime
and replace with the old way of mounting system
mount squashfs mtd@rootfs /system ro nodev noatime

2. Do not start process_monitor service
Delete line "start process_monitor" in init.rc
You can just delete /bin/process_monitor from system partition, and it should not execute the init.rc service as well.

3. I also changed the dump_msg service to oneshot in init.rc. But I don't think it matters.

I also did some other random changes, which are unnecessary. I will revert those changes when I get some time, but for now it is booting without any issues for me.

3rd January 2018, 09:40 AM |#362  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morchu

For folks who are interested to keep the root in the latest version, I was able to get it boot successfully. I made some random unnecessary changes. But the only change required (on top of the regular rooting changes) are

1. Do not use dmsetup to mount /system. This does check integrity of system partition and will fail.
Essentially in init.rc remove lines
exec /sbin/dmsetup create system -r /dmtable
mount squashfs /dev/mapper/system /system ro nodev noatime
and replace with the old way of mounting system
mount squashfs mtd@rootfs /system ro nodev noatime

2. Do not start process_monitor service
Delete line "start process_monitor" in init.rc
You can just delete /bin/process_monitor from system partition, and it should not execute the init.rc service as well.

3. I also changed the dump_msg service to oneshot in init.rc. But I don't think it matters.

I also did some other random changes, which are unnecessary. I will revert those changes when I get some time, but for now it is booting without any issues for me.

Can you possibly make a flashcast image for this?

Is this with autoroot?
Or have you just disabled updates?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)