Thanks Meter: 1,520

By ddggttff3, Inactive Recognized Developer on 13th December 2015, 08:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th August 2018, 12:06 AM |#371  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prefect472

Stupid me flashed this without reading the whole thread for possible issues ... I also got the "First block failed verification..." error and now my Chromecast (1st gen) is stuck on the "chromecast..." black screen and I can't ssh or telnet to it.
Since I was trying to get as close to non-rooted as I can I might as well unroot. Is there a way to trigger it to reflash the Google OTA? Or how would I do it? I rooted this years ago and barely succeeded so it might just be easier to go and buy a new one if extra hardware is required to unroot.

Edit: I can ssh and also get the "SETUP FAILED: Unsupported Mode! This version of Flashcast can only be ran from the recovery parition of the Chromecast."

I did the same thing, can't get flashcast to take on the usb stick, I'm stuck..

25th December 2018, 04:04 PM |#372  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN

I ran this on my eureka rom Chromecast last night and the script seemed successful and then said rebooting, I saw flashcast on my tv but now it just shows white "chromecast..." letters on a black screen. I had it plugged into power on the TV's usb port during the process is there a chance it needed more power during the flash and got corrupt? Any ideas to try to revive it?

I'm a bit late to this party, up til now my CC was working fine with my limited use of the Eureka ROM but I noticed that I couldn't cast from a tab in my laptop's Chrome browser. The Flashcast-AutoRoot method gives the same problems as above on the second reboot after the OTA update so I'm guessing there's an incompatibility with the downloaded OTA & the real OTA. I've had to revert back to stock firmware via this thread (post 58).
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...6&postcount=58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsch79

Thx mate. Since autoroot doesn't seem to work with latest 1.24.88007 update for chromecast (it broke mine), reverting to stock is the only option to have a working streaming gadget

Cheers

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)