[ROM] [r02 - 2015-12-13] Flashcast-AutoRoot

Search This thread

morchu

Mar 13, 2009
For folks who are interested to keep the root in the latest version, I was able to get it boot successfully. I made some random unnecessary changes. But the only change required (on top of the regular rooting changes) are

1. Do not use dmsetup to mount /system. This does check integrity of system partition and will fail.
Essentially in init.rc remove lines
exec /sbin/dmsetup create system -r /dmtable
mount squashfs /dev/mapper/system /system ro nodev noatime
and replace with the old way of mounting system
mount squashfs mtd@rootfs /system ro nodev noatime

2. Do not start process_monitor service
Delete line "start process_monitor" in init.rc
You can just delete /bin/process_monitor from system partition, and it should not execute the init.rc service as well.

3. I also changed the dump_msg service to oneshot in init.rc. But I don't think it matters.

I also did some other random changes, which are unnecessary. I will revert those changes when I get some time, but for now it is booting without any issues for me.

Johan1976

Jul 12, 2011
For folks who are interested to keep the root in the latest version, I was able to get it boot successfully. I made some random unnecessary changes. But the only change required (on top of the regular rooting changes) are

1. Do not use dmsetup to mount /system. This does check integrity of system partition and will fail.
Essentially in init.rc remove lines
exec /sbin/dmsetup create system -r /dmtable
mount squashfs /dev/mapper/system /system ro nodev noatime
and replace with the old way of mounting system
mount squashfs mtd@rootfs /system ro nodev noatime

2. Do not start process_monitor service
Delete line "start process_monitor" in init.rc
You can just delete /bin/process_monitor from system partition, and it should not execute the init.rc service as well.

3. I also changed the dump_msg service to oneshot in init.rc. But I don't think it matters.

I also did some other random changes, which are unnecessary. I will revert those changes when I get some time, but for now it is booting without any issues for me.
Can you possibly make a flashcast image for this?

Is this with autoroot?
Or have you just disabled updates?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: speakxj7
For folks who are interested to keep the root in the latest version, I was able to get it boot successfully.

Hi @morchu. I've been trying to follow your work here, but with 104827. Have you tried this one? I haven't managed to make a boot image that'll actually boot.

When you have time could you post more on what you did to get this working? Or post your boot.img and system.img and I can probably figure it out from there.

danielg4

Oct 28, 2011
TL;DR: DON'T DO WHAT I DID.

So, I started with this:
gdude said:
My Chromecast updated after the Autoroot and I got stuck at the "Chromecast..." screen. No luck using Flashcash or Hubcap, even when I dragged out my old Teensy 2.0 and tried at least a dozen times to get it to take. I was close to giving up and assuming my Chromecast was cooked.

Then I tried a long-shot idea described elsewhere on this thread: power up and down fast many times, and eventually I got into recovery with the Flashcast logo on screen. I was able to ssh into the recovery partition, and then…
However, what I did then instead was this:
Code:
[root@flashcast ~]# cat /dev/mtd2ro > /tmp/mtd2ro
Laptop:
Code:
$ scp root@chromecast:/tmp/mtd2ro .
Welcome to FlashCast version 1.3!
root@chromecast's password: 
mtd2ro                                        100%   16MB   1.8MB/s   00:09    
$ dd bs=1 skip=256 if=mtd2ro of=mtd2ro.raw
16776960+0 records in
16776960+0 records out
16776960 bytes (17 MB) copied, 34.7652 s, 483 kB/s
$ abootimg -i mtd2ro.raw

Android Boot Image Info:

* file name = mtd2ro.raw 

* image size = 16776960 bytes (16.00 MB)
  page size  = 2048 bytes

* Boot Name = ""

* kernel size       = 2021612 bytes (1.93 MB)
  ramdisk size      = 1580304 bytes (1.51 MB)

* load addresses:
  kernel:       0x00608000
  ramdisk:      0x01600000
  tags:         0x00600100

* cmdline = init=/init console=  mtdblock.ro_fspart="rootfs" ro nooverlayfs

* id = 0x48a1f96a 0x908be401 0x85d4c47d 0xfa540415 0xe42f1e3f 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 

$ abootimg -x mtd2ro.raw
writing boot image config in bootimg.cfg
extracting kernel in zImage
extracting ramdisk in initrd.img
$ mkdir initrd
$ cd initrd/
$ xzcat ../initrd.img |cpio -vid
app.conf
bin
boot
build.prop
chrome
data
default.prop
dev
dmtable
etc
home
init
init.rc
lib
lib/firmware
lib/firmware/mrvl
lib/firmware/mrvl/sd8787_uapsta.bin
lib/ld-2.23.so
lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3
lib/libc++.so
lib/libc++.so.1
lib/libc++.so.1.0
lib/libc++abi.so
lib/libc++abi.so.1
lib/libc++abi.so.1.0
lib/libc-2.23.so
lib/libc.so.6
lib/libc_stubs.so
lib/libcrypt-2.23.so
lib/libcrypt.so.1
lib/libcxxrt.so
lib/libcxxrt.so.1
lib/libdl-2.23.so
lib/libdl.so.2
lib/libgcc_s.so.1
lib/libglibc_bridge.so
lib/liblog.so
lib/libm-2.23.so
lib/libm.so.6
lib/libnsl-2.23.so
lib/libnsl.so.1
lib/libnss_compat-2.23.so
lib/libnss_compat.so.2
lib/libnss_dns-2.23.so
lib/libnss_dns.so.2
lib/libnss_files-2.23.so
lib/libnss_files.so.2
lib/libpthread-2.23.so
lib/libpthread.so.0
lib/libresolv-2.23.so
lib/libresolv.so.2
lib/librt-2.23.so
lib/librt.so.1
lib/libutil-2.23.so
lib/libutil.so.1
netflix
oem_cast_shlib
proc
res
sbin
sbin/bluetooth_setup.sh
sbin/boot_complete.sh
sbin/build_info.sh
sbin/collectd_setup.sh
sbin/coredump.sh
sbin/dmsetup
sbin/flash_recovery.sh
sbin/font_setup.sh
sbin/init
sbin/init_properties
sbin/led_feedback.sh
sbin/mount_usb_drive.sh
sbin/netflix_setup.sh
sbin/network_service.sh
sbin/playready_device_id_reset.sh
sbin/retail_demo_reboot.sh
sbin/retail_usb_flash.sh
sbin/ueventd
sbin/update_bootid_and_urandom.sh
sbin/update_engine_prefs_fixup.sh
sbin/watchdog_setup.sh
sbin/wpa_supplicant_setup.sh
sys
system
system/etc
system/etc/ld.so.preload
tmp
ueventd.eureka-b1.rc
ueventd.eureka-b2.rc
ueventd.eureka-b3.rc
ueventd.rc
usr
xbin
6993 blocks
$ vi init.rc
Commented out the lines "exec /sbin/dmsetup create system -r /dmtable" and "mount squashfs /dev/mapper/system /system ro nodev noatime" with "mount squashfs mtd@rootfs /system ro nodev noatime" inserted in their place, and also commented out the "start process_monitor" line, like @morchu said.
Code:
$ find .|cpio --create --format='newc'|xz > ../myinitrd.img
6994 blocks
$ cd ..
$ abootimg --create myboot.img -f bootimg.cfg -k zImage -r myinitrd.img
reading config file bootimg.cfg
reading kernel from zImage
reading ramdisk from myinitrd.img
Writing Boot Image myboot.img
$ dd of=mtd2ro bs=1 seek=256 if=myboot.img
16776960+0 records in
16776960+0 records out
16776960 bytes (17 MB) copied, 34.5113 s, 486 kB/s
$ scp mtd2ro root@chromecast:/tmp/
Welcome to FlashCast version 1.3!
root@chromecast's password: 
mtd2ro                                        100%   16MB 963.8KB/s   00:17
Chromecast:
Code:
[root@flashcast ~]# flash_mtd_partition kernel /tmp/mtd2ro 
Flashing /tmp/mtd2ro to kernel (mtd2)
[root@flashcast ~]# sync
[root@flashcast ~]# sync
[root@flashcast ~]# reboot
[root@flashcast ~]# Connection to chromecast closed.
From that point forward, applying power has no effect except a solid white LED. I don't know exactly where I went wrong, nor what to do now. So, I opened the case and found the UART pinout. Without soldering anything, I held pins to the Tx and GND pads and got no output on power-on. I do have an STM32F3 Discovery board, which apparently can somehow be used to interface with the NAND chip externally, but I haven't found further instructions for such a thing on a hardware level. Thoughts? Attached is the resulting file I flashed, but bzipped.

P.S. - I didn't think it mattered, but before I rebooted it to a brick, out of curiosity, I mounted and unmounted as yaffs2 mtdblock's 4, 5, 9, and 11.

Attachments

• mtd2ro.bz2
    3.4 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Reactions: kozmo2k4

ghostd0g

Oct 6, 2012
If you create a flashcast 1.3 usb and copy the 44433.001 - 2015-11-15 Eureka-ROM into the root of the new flashcast partion ... using a OTG cable .. my Chromecast did re flash the older firmware

just follow the 44433.001 - 2015-11-15 Eureka-ROM - Based on OTA 44433 instructions after creating a flashcast 1.3 usb

ImCoKeMaN

Jan 8, 2007
Hi @morchu. I've been trying to follow your work here, but with 104827. Have you tried this one? I haven't managed to make a boot image that'll actually boot.

When you have time could you post more on what you did to get this working? Or post your boot.img and system.img and I can probably figure it out from there.

Do you have the system.img to play with? It seems like copying a new init.rc and maybe deleting the update file would be an easy to create flashcast mod. I was curious about making a sed script even that could mod new versions, but seems nobody is developing because few are interested too with all the newer toys.

Edit:
I looked at the system.img file from the newest OTA and I don't see where the init.rc is, I was planning to modify as you mentioned, but don't know where to find it while in flashcast to make a mod.

Edit2: looks like it's in boot.img and that is harder to modify, from what i'm seeing in this thread including the issue above. Is this the right steps to make a boot.img: https://github.com/team-eureka/Eureka-ROM/tree/master/initramfs and has anyone been successful with this?

Edit3: Tested with that info and info from this link posted in post 254: https://hackmd.io/vGr8L1LZRiuiITVoHwzeHg?both#
I was able to get it to boot back to Chromecast... after some failed boot.img creations so I think I mangled it back properly this time, but I still can't see how morchu made this version work and it looked like ddggttff3 said it was more than just init.rc in the newer kernel that wasn't working.

Last edited:
Reactions: KenMacD

prefect472

Dec 19, 2016
Stupid me flashed this without reading the whole thread for possible issues :) ... I also got the "First block failed verification..." error and now my Chromecast (1st gen) is stuck on the "chromecast..." black screen and I can't ssh or telnet to it.
Since I was trying to get as close to non-rooted as I can I might as well unroot. Is there a way to trigger it to reflash the Google OTA? Or how would I do it? I rooted this years ago and barely succeeded so it might just be easier to go and buy a new one if extra hardware is required to unroot.

Edit: I can ssh and also get the "SETUP FAILED: Unsupported Mode! This version of Flashcast can only be ran from the recovery parition of the Chromecast."

Last edited:

davidj7479

Oct 14, 2010
Stupid me flashed this without reading the whole thread for possible issues :) ... I also got the "First block failed verification..." error and now my Chromecast (1st gen) is stuck on the "chromecast..." black screen and I can't ssh or telnet to it.
Since I was trying to get as close to non-rooted as I can I might as well unroot. Is there a way to trigger it to reflash the Google OTA? Or how would I do it? I rooted this years ago and barely succeeded so it might just be easier to go and buy a new one if extra hardware is required to unroot.

Edit: I can ssh and also get the "SETUP FAILED: Unsupported Mode! This version of Flashcast can only be ran from the recovery parition of the Chromecast."

I did the same thing, can't get flashcast to take on the usb stick, I'm stuck..

cancunia

Dec 21, 2013
I ran this on my eureka rom Chromecast last night and the script seemed successful and then said rebooting, I saw flashcast on my tv but now it just shows white "chromecast..." letters on a black screen. I had it plugged into power on the TV's usb port during the process is there a chance it needed more power during the flash and got corrupt? Any ideas to try to revive it?

I'm a bit late to this party, up til now my CC was working fine with my limited use of the Eureka ROM but I noticed that I couldn't cast from a tab in my laptop's Chrome browser. The Flashcast-AutoRoot method gives the same problems as above on the second reboot after the OTA update so I'm guessing there's an incompatibility with the downloaded OTA & the real OTA. I've had to revert back to stock firmware via this thread (post 58).
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=72094986&postcount=58

Thx mate. Since autoroot doesn't seem to work with latest 1.24.88007 update for chromecast (it broke mine), reverting to stock is the only option to have a working streaming gadget :)

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Moronig

morchu

Mar 13, 2009
I wish I documented the exact things I did on the boot image and system image last time. I failed to do that at that time and just tried to redo the same to document it for you folks. And ...... I bricked my toy (I guess I was overconfident, since I had done it before).

Essentially there is a chain of trust established from bootloader to bootimage to system image, and if you miss a small step anywhere in that chain.... the chain is broken and you have a brick. It is doable, but very risky, since the exact methods of this chain of trust may change from one image to other. Bootloader does not get modified much. But bootimage does, and with every new bootimage we have to assume there is a new method/too much risk.

So maybe at the top of this thread put a big warning in RED letters. Anyway most of us lost interest in this topic from 2015, and there are so much newer toys to play with now in 2019.

I wish I documented the exact things I did on the boot image and system image last time. I failed to do that at that time and just tried to redo the same to document it for you folks. And ...... I bricked my toy (I guess I was overconfident, since I had done it before).

Essentially there is a chain of trust established from bootloader to bootimage to system image, and if you miss a small step anywhere in that chain.... the chain is broken and you have a brick. It is doable, but very risky, since the exact methods of this chain of trust may change from one image to other. Bootloader does not get modified much. But bootimage does, and with every new bootimage we have to assume there is a new method/too much risk.

So maybe at the top of this thread put a big warning in RED letters. Anyway most of us lost interest in this topic from 2015, and there are so much newer toys to play with now in 2019.

Hey Morchu, thanks for trying. Provided you always delete the bootloader from updates then it should be impossible to completely brick it, as you can always fall back to booting from USB. Breaking the chain anywhere else fortunately just prevents it from booting.

If you want to see what's up with it you could try soldering on a serial connection (pins: https://www.exploitee.rs/images/2/29/Chromecast_UART.jpg)

I agree though, I know a lot of people are flashing back to stock.

morchu

Mar 13, 2009
By the way if anyone is still keeping their rooted chromecast and want to get to the latest system and still keep it rooted you can do a loop mount of a system squashfs image and initrd and restart the cast_receiver. This way there is no chance of bricking it since a reboot will just get it back to the way it was. If anyone is interested I can get the image files for this. Since chromecast kernel only supports squshfs,vfat and yaffs2 the image files are going to be in squashfs format.

=============================
sample loopmount script
#!/bin/sh
/chrome/cast_cli stop cast
mkdir -p /initrd
busybox mount -o loop,ro /cache/initrd.sqfs /initrd
busybox mount -o bind /initrd/lib /lib
busybox mount -o loop,ro /cache/system.sqfs /system
busybox mount -o bind /initrd/sbin /sbin
# cp -a /initrd/root/* /. #### this step is optional
start cast_receiver

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

If anyone is still interested I can post the files for you to test. Unfortunately I don't have old chromecasts anymore. But good thing is that the above method only makes temporary changes and wont survive a reboot. So no risk of bricking.

Essentially you would need the below files. I already posted one of the file above (the script).

busybox (for loopmount support)
loopmount script
initrd.sqfs (mainly for the /lib from new boot image)
system.sqfs (rooted new system image)

Let me know if anyone still interested.

Last edited:

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
If anyone is still interested I can post the files for you to test. Unfortunately I don't have old chromecasts anymore. But good thing is that the above method only makes temporary changes and wont survive a reboot. So no risk of bricking.

Essentially you would need the below files. I already posted one of the file above (the script).

busybox (for loopmount support)
loopmount script
initrd.sqfs (mainly for the /lib from new boot image)
system.sqfs (rooted new system image)

Let me know if anyone still interested.
Oooh, this is interesting!

I do still have some root-friendly Chromecasts I've been holding onto, but I'm lacking time/knowledge to really test this out without some pretty major hand-holding and patience. :eek:

morchu

Mar 13, 2009
I downloaded and looked through the "ota.159268" kernel and system and compared it with "ota.80438".
Essentially they are mostly compatable kernels, but the /libc (which is part of initrd) need to be updated for the new system executables to function.

The risk of bricking is mainly due to the chain of trust established from bootloader to kernel and then from kernel to system. So the issue of all bricking was probably due to the attempt to modify the initird, which in turn breaks the chain of trust. of boot.img.

So we let it boot using the already trusted ota.80438 kernel and initrd (boot.img) and then as part of the init, we could loop mount a new ota.159268 rooted /system and /lib , as long as we still have a way to get the image files to either /cache or /data partitions (via adb or ssh or telnet). Once we prove the concept, we can automate this loopmount as part of our userscripts at early init (without touching the initrd of 80438 boot).

Just for fun I already created the files system.sqfs and initrd.sqfs. But not posting it yet to wide public before someone can try it manually via adb.

Oooh, this is interesting!

I do still have some root-friendly Chromecasts I've been holding onto, but I'm lacking time/knowledge to really test this out without some pretty major hand-holding and patience. :eek:

morchu

Mar 13, 2009
By the way, according to google product page (https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/7124014)
the latest production firmware version is 1.36.157768

But using the curl method, I am always getting the link for downloading Firmware version 1.36.159268​ , which is apparently a " Preview Program firmware version".

If anyone has the link for 1.36.157768 please let me know. (or just the sha1sum of the file, since we know the download link if we lnow the sha1sum).

morchu

Mar 13, 2009
Before I send you the files/instruction, do you know whether you have adb enabled on regular boot on your rooted chromecast? That would be the easiest way to transfer the needed files to your rooted chromecast's /data/ folder.

Another method is to reboot to flashcast and transfer it while in flashcast.

Thank you @morchu for your work! A recent firmware would bring new life to my rooted Chromecast, so I'd be interested to try things out. I think I understood your explanations above, but still would need step-by-step instructions to perform the testing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is it?

This is my final gift to the Chromecast community, called Flashcast-AutoRoot. This is a special recovery image for the Chomecast v1 device that will allow it to take official Google OTA's, and then root them during the flashing process. This means you get to keep root, while staying up to date with Google images!

Features:

• Auto roots any official Google OTA sent to your device
    • Supports automatic Recovery Image updates
    • Spawns a root telnet server
    • Supports a custom startup script
    • DHCP and Custom DNS
    Q and A:

Q: How do I setup a custom startup script?

A: Just write your script to a file at /data/user_boot_script.sh, and set the executable bit for the file. Once done, it will be loaded on next boot.

Q: How do I setup custom DNS servers?

A: Put the IP addresses of the DNS servers in a file at /data/dns.conf, one per line. On next boot these will be used for DNS requests. Note if you are coming from EurekaROM, it will already have your old settings in place. :)

Q: How do I setup the EurekaROM Web Panel?

A: By default this ROM has no Web Panel, but this can be added by bootstrapping onto the custom startup script, but I will leave this up to you. ;)

Q: Can Google unroot my device in the future?

A: Technically yes, but they would have a hard time doing so. To get technical, the bootloader partition can't be updated from the stock OS due to the kernel hard-setting it to "ro". While the recovery image can be flashed from the OS, the root process replaces the included recovery image with it's self to prevent any update. The recovery is also unable to update the bootloader partition, so you should always be able to re-flash using a OTG cable. With that said, I have also put in an update method so I can push updates to the recovery image if needed, but at this time I have no plans on doing so unless required, so use this image at your own risk.

Installation:
    To install this, all you need to do is SSH/Telnet into an already rooted Chromecast, and run the following commands:
    Code:
    busybox wget http://pdl.team-eureka.com/recovery/install.sh -O /cache/install.sh
    busybox chmod +x /cache/install.sh
    /cache/install.sh
    Note:
    If this is ran on a different ROM than Eureka-ROM there may be an error when ran, but rest assured the flashing process will still work. :)

GPL/Source:
    https://github.com/team-eureka/flashcast-flasher/tree/newmode-alpha
    I will take a look into this over the next day or so and see if I can get a fix out, or find a way around the issue.

EDIT: I believe I found a method to fix this, will update if/when the fix is deployed.

EDIT2: Sadly I was unable to find a way to fix this, it looks like the new bootloader uses a new kernel layout, or has some check in the kernel and not initramfs preventing boot :( Until a GPL is out for release 1.23 I can't verify this or really dig for any potential workaround.
    Deleting, I think you already provided it with the boot.img from 1.22 if I understood correctly. Thanks

ZaneChua, updated using the modded 1.23 with 1.22 Kernel. It worked, it is now on the 80438 version.
    Let´s hope the next update won´t mess with it again. Until then we have to wait.
    Just to clarify. I started with the Hubcap Eureka and then I took the risk and entered the commands only, no script no factory reset.
    Now it is easy to copy and paste to the telnet terminal.
    I will leave the file that I used in my server for a day so users can install. It is a small hosting plan so not that much bandwidth available.
    *** Remember, I did that and it worked, but I'm not responsible for any damage this can make to your CC ****
    An thanks to ZaneChua for finding the 1.22 Kernel (boot.img)
    Copy and Paste in you telnet:

Code:
    busybox wget http://pdl.team-eureka.com/recovery/releases/autoroot-recovery-r02.img -O /data/temp/root-recovery.img
    busybox wget http://mcpdigital.com/android/ota.84839.stable-channel.eureka-b3.750d75cf2b18b7140aeef16fc90d6f7eaed4a376.zip -O /data/temp/ota.84839.stable-channel.eureka-b3.750d75cf2b18b7140aeef16fc90d6f7eaed4a376.zip
    busybox cp /data/temp/ota.84839.stable-channel.eureka-b3.750d75cf2b18b7140aeef16fc90d6f7eaed4a376.zip /cache/ota.zip
    flash_image --scan-all recovery /data/temp/root-recovery.img
    // *** WAIT FOR 5 SECONDS 
    reboot recovery
    Update: Did the same procedure in other 2 CCs.
    So now I went from stuck at Chromecast.... straight to the update:
    Step1: create a HubCap Eureka USB from image
    Step2: install the HubCap (OTG+USB, Reset Button, and Power) * no need to root CC again so it is like the second step of the original Eureka.
    Step3: wait until it updates itself from 17977 to 44333 , it shouldnt take long
    Step4: telnet your CC and run the busybox commands as showed by ZaneChua
    Step5: enjoy

MCP
    Just so it doesn't affect you mcpdigital.

I made a hosted version.

To install this, all you need to do is SSH/Telnet into an already rooted Chromecast, and run the following commands:
    Code:
    busybox wget http://chromecastfix.centralus.cloudapp.azure.com/install.sh -O /cache/install.sh
    busybox chmod +x /cache/install.sh
    /cache/install.sh
    That looks like it comes from Eureka and not Google....
    Is it as simple as maybe Eureka just got a bad copy of the firmware?
    Or have you tried that already?

Did you see the link? It's from Google. Not Eureka. The chromecast device codename is eureka.

Following adammw's suggestion.

He didn't really give instructions or anything to help you do this though. Something in the boot.img has changed and therefore breaks autoroot. I decided to use the boot.img from 1.22.80438 to replace the original one in 1.23.84839.

You need to reinstall eureka rom and be on a clean installation of eureka rom. Means you need to do a factory reset before you try any of the steps below.

You can find the new OTA from: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3jenDHaF8AJMFZMbHVMNmFyeFE
    The script is slightly changed to : https://gist.github.com/zanechua/672f741de2add4186e59dd1973663305

You still need to modify the script, host it on your own http server and modify the script accordingly.

You could however do it manually but this may/may not break your chromecast. I'm not at fault here if you do.

I HAVE NOT PERSONALLY TESTED THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS. THESE COMMANDS ARE FOR EXPERTS ONLY. IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THESE COMMANDS DO, DO NOT DO IT. THIS CIRCUMVENTS A LOT OF CHECKS IN THE SCRIPT.

The commands would be:
    busybox wget http://pdl.team-eureka.com/recovery/releases/autoroot-recovery-r02.img -O /data/temp/root-recovery.img
    busybox wget http://fromsomewhere/ota.84839.stable-channel.eureka-b3.750d75cf2b18b7140aeef16fc90d6f7eaed4a376.zip -O /data/temp/ota.84839.stable-channel.eureka-b3.750d75cf2b18b7140aeef16fc90d6f7eaed4a376.zip
    busybox cp /data/temp/ota.84839.stable-channel.eureka-b3.750d75cf2b18b7140aeef16fc90d6f7eaed4a376.zip /cache/ota.zip
    flash_image --scan-all recovery /data/temp/root-recovery.img
    (Wait 5 seconds after flashing of the recovery)
    reboot