Thanks Meter: 21

By KenMacD, Junior Member on 26th August 2018, 11:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th November 2018, 12:12 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstst2008

Please help to install new ROM for my smart TV to install apps from google play because my device didnt alow me to install any app from google play....
Please help me

You mean to say your tv is not allowing installation of apps found on google play running on your tv?

26th November 2018, 03:30 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
My smart tv running aptoide tv so i need install this app
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ispsgroups
So, please help me to modify the firmware to LG or Samsung firmware ...

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by avvgopal

You mean to say your tv is not allowing installation of apps found on google play running on your tv?

My smart tv running aptoide tv so i need install this app
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ispsgroups
So, please help me to modify the firmware to LG or Samsung firmware ...
15th December 2018, 02:50 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 194

Donate to Me
More
THANKYOU @KenMacD !!!
managed to upload it via ssh with tftp, ( idea from @ironstorm about svp. but seems theres no sftp-server installed etc, but found there is a tftp ... )
so no usb sticks, or y-cables etc needed will give other people a guide here ...

1. You need a tftp server running, so get tftpd64 running and setup on ya pc (from here http://tftpd32.jounin.net/tftpd32_download.html)
2. my chromecast worked as such, just wasnt able to actual cast anything, so use the proper google app to set it up on WiFi if it isnt already
3. get chromecast into recovery, power up/down/up/down seems to induce it ! not sure like ironstorm what the proper procedure is !
4. then connect to it via SSH, i used PuTTY (ip will be different than when you initially set it up on Wifi with app)
5. then in PuTTY once connected /user/bin/tftp -g -f eureka_image.zip 192.168.x.x
6. then flash-image eureka_image.zip
7. once its finished ! .. reboot (powercycle)

and wahoo ! working chromecast again !!!

just to note, as i was worried .. althou we have no SSH etc when its running as norm.
we DO have SSH while in recovery/flashcast as above, it doesn't remove that, so its all good for next update, which can be done via this procedure too
16th March 2019, 01:12 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I was able to resurrect my old Chromecast using the flashcast method, but I wasn't able to configure it. The Chromecast dongle would start up okay, but it needed to be setup. When I launched the Google "Home" app, it couldn't find the Chromecast. I eventually flashed an older eureka_image.zip (44433) and then the "Home" app was able to find the Chromecast, and I was able to set it up. Then I flashed this latest version (124602) and it continued to work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)