Hi

I've a question

Why root the chromecast ?

Because later on you WON'T BE ABLE TO.
20th July 2016, 08:56 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Rooted Chromecast doubts !
If I flash Eureka on my chromecast can i cast/ mirror local content from my phone without internet connection at all ?
20th July 2016, 10:20 AM |#13  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,027

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdroid18

If I flash Eureka on my chromecast can i cast/ mirror local content from my phone without internet connection at all ?

It still needs Internet because it "hot loads" apps from the Internet, with the exception of Netflix.

If you are rooted, you might want to look at rCast which allows you to you Chromecast as a standalone media player without Internet.
20th July 2016, 02:51 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga

It still needs Internet because it "hot loads" apps from the Internet, with the exception of Netflix.

If you are rooted, you might want to look at rCast which allows you to you Chromecast as a standalone media player without Internet.

Can we cast anything locally without internet just as we do in casting ? Or it's only for the files stored in chromecast internal memory ?
22nd July 2016, 05:25 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 375

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdroid18

Can we cast anything locally without internet just as we do in casting ? Or it's only for the files stored in chromecast internal memory ?

No!
2nd October 2016, 06:52 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Any support for 4:3 resolutions after rooting ?
6th October 2016, 07:00 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx

No!

I'm so confused, read here. the article seems to indicate that one can cast locally stored media on the cellphone to the chromecast utilizing the newly added cast feature to the chromecast app. This is with a stock chromecast, not rooted. I have not personally tried this. This article was just published January 2016.

Can any confirm this?
6th October 2016, 07:38 PM |#18  

More
That article states you can Mirror a phone to a CCast without WiFi but you can't cast to it from Apps.
In that scenario the content isn't technically playing on the CCast it's on the Phone...
Anything that happens on the phone will be seen on the CCast in that case.
6th October 2016, 07:59 PM |#19  

More
I missed that distinction between an app and casting the phone directly.

Thanks for clarifying.
6th October 2016, 09:30 PM |#20  

More
It will work in a pinch if you have no choice but it's not as good as having a Travel Router or WiFi connection.
7th October 2016, 12:31 AM |#21  

More
Yep. The problem in trying to solve is stream movies/content to a tv in a cottage that has no internet or cell service. Nice vacation spot but off the grid. I know i can bring a laptop, but I'd rather just bring my phone & travel more lightly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)