Post Reply Email Thread
25th April 2016, 08:32 AM |#1021  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,023

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechMod

I assume that the vulnerability of the ROM is not very important, because of the following:
...quote from opening post...
Which leads me to believe that every version is rootable (I have an old CC stick). I believe the problem is the HDD connector, because it either is not capable of connecting because there is a resistor inside of it or it is one way as it is normally used for connecting the HDD to a hub with two USB ports so it can start properly.

Sorry, the issue is almost certainly not the cable but your firmware build. The Hubcap exploit was patched in build 19084 and the current build is far, far beyond that.

So check the Chromecast app to see what build your Chromecast has. If it is 19084 or greater, it cannot be rooted nor can it be downgraded since flashing requires exploitable bootloader (such it's also what root requires).

See my signature for more info.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bhiga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bhiga Ad-Free

28th August 2016, 07:39 PM |#1022  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I'm having a problem when connecting the chromecast and the teensy ++ together. I followed all of the instructions to the letter but when I hold down the reset button on the chromecast and plug in the usb the light on the teensy just stays solid and never starts to blink. I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong...any help?

nevermind...just saw the post about the HubCap exploit being patched.
5th May 2017, 03:07 PM |#1023  
Flag Brampton
Thanks Meter: 115

Donate to Me
More
My 1st gen CC (rooted/hubcap) out of the blue stopped working and all I can see on the
screen is this: "Chromecast...."! I've tried almost everything that I could think of including
flashing the rom again but at the last stage where it should boot up it gets stuck with red
led and the flashcast message informing you that something is wrong!
Any help is much appreciated.
5th May 2017, 04:21 PM |#1024  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,023

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samteeee

My 1st gen CC (rooted/hubcap) out of the blue stopped working and all I can see on the
screen is this: "Chromecast...."! I've tried almost everything that I could think of including
flashing the rom again but at the last stage where it should boot up it gets stuck with red
led and the flashcast message informing you that something is wrong!
Any help is much appreciated.

Were you on Flashcast AutoRoot? (If your Chromecast was on recent firmware, it was, as Eureka-ROM stopped updates many builds ago)
If so, check the last few pages of the Flashcast Autoroot thread
The Following User Says Thank You to bhiga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bhiga Ad-Free
5th May 2017, 04:42 PM |#1025  
Flag Brampton
Thanks Meter: 115

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga

Were you on Flashcast AutoRoot? (If your Chromecast was on recent firmware, it was, as Eureka-ROM stopped updates many builds ago)
If so, check the last few pages of the Flashcast Autoroot thread

Thank you for replying back.
I know and I remember I disabled the "auto-update" feature
through the Eureka Panel. I finally figured out my mistake
on Re-flashing the eureka image, I took out the word .zip
from the eureka image name and boom! flash went through
and I could set up the CC, all is well!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)