Post Reply Email Thread
27th January 2018, 06:37 PM |#1031  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,027

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by werelwolf

My purpose would be to have a bedside screen or kitchen helper, so I can with my Google Home, tell it to play or display X on kitchen TV.

Okay, I see what you're trying to achieve.

There were some "turn my Android into a (Chrome)cast receiver" apps in the early Chromecast (2012) days, but I think they all died when the V2 API was released, since the V2 API validated that it was casting to an approved device.

Short of using a small display and an actual Chromecast, I can't thnk of anything that would provide what you want.

The Chromecast firmware wouldn't really help you since its hardware and firmware is very specific to its hardware and intended use.

27th January 2018, 08:45 PM |#1032  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga

Okay, I see what you're trying to achieve.

There were some "turn my Android into a (Chrome)cast receiver" apps in the early Chromecast (2012) days, but I think they all died when the V2 API was released, since the V2 API validated that it was casting to an approved device.

Short of using a small display and an actual Chromecast, I can't thnk of anything that would provide what you want.

The Chromecast firmware wouldn't really help you since its hardware and firmware is very specific to its hardware and intended use.

Thank you for your information about how it works. I certainly know that it is beyond my own capabilities to try to figure out how Google validates that with it's own property. Cheers! And maybe it will be figured out some day

Ty
15th April 2018, 08:54 PM |#1033  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
The Official Android TV's have built-in chromecast.

I hope a talented Genius Android developer, could extract the apk (using Es explorer) & hack the apk, to make it work in other Android based TV's, it would be really great.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)