FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Screen mirroring without wifi

128 posts
Thanks Meter: 21
 
By thorosso, Senior Member on 24th October 2015, 12:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have always been able to perform screen mirroring from my Android phone to Chromecast without WiFi. The initial setup required a second phone, but after that all I had to do was to enable WiFi hotspot in my cell phone, open Chromecast APP and activate screen mirroring. A few days ago Google released a new version of Chromecast APP that checks if WiFi is connected before enabling screen mirroring. This new APP made my setup not work anymore. Does anyone have a solution, other than keeping the APP in the previous version? Thanks in advance!
 
 
29th October 2015, 05:31 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Anyone? Thanks!
2nd November 2015, 12:06 AM |#3  
Mucky2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 81
 
More
Did you try to activate WLAN on your phone before you turn on your hotspot?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N920C mit Tapatalk
9th November 2015, 09:28 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucky2

Did you try to activate WLAN on your phone before you turn on your hotspot?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N920C mit Tapatalk

Thanks for your answer. How do I do that?
11th November 2015, 09:33 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Hey thorosso, i never had a Chromecast. but I need .
I wanna know if with chromecast I can use my phone as a hotspot , and connect the chromecast it without a third device?
Or if necessary the third device will only make the primary configuration and leave saved or will always need a third device ?
My only function would be to mirror the screen.

I saw the Miracast , but say it is very slow compared to chromecast 2.0.
12th November 2015, 10:12 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxspookyxx

Hey thorosso, i never had a Chromecast. but I need .
I wanna know if with chromecast I can use my phone as a hotspot , and connect the chromecast it without a third device?
Or if necessary the third device will only make the primary configuration and leave saved or will always need a third device ?
My only function would be to mirror the screen.

I saw the Miracast , but say it is very slow compared to chromecast 2.0.

Yes, you can use it as a Hotspot and mirror your screen simultaneously. First time you will need a second device to setup your chromecast: enable Hotspot in your primary phone and configure chromecast through your second device. That's it! The problem is that after Google updated the chromecast app, it no longer works, because the app disables WiFi before mirroring. So you will have to install previous versions from chromecast app via apk (any version with old icon) and disable auto update.
The Following User Says Thank You to thorosso For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thorosso Ad-Free
12th November 2015, 10:47 AM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
this is a big ****
The old version will work with a Chromecast 2?
I think are bad idea bought the chromecast 2 because this update.

In old version the changes settings were saved? or i always need a third device to make setup?
12th November 2015, 12:15 PM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
I see the problem you saying.. I Installed the New Chromecast app just for see it.
But... you already tried pull up notitications and press Cast Screen option? the Chromecast TV dont show up?
21st November 2015, 06:36 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
The old app works? Can someone upload the apk? Thanks.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
23rd November 2015, 09:16 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Yes, the old app works. Try the version 1.11.9 http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...-apk-download/
8th December 2015, 10:25 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
how to screenmirror without wifi?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorosso

Yes, the old app works. Try the version 1.11.9 http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...-apk-download/

Hey mate can you give me the steps to run screenmirror without wifi? this is something i want to try without using wifi.

Thanks alot for the apk also.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes