Remove All Ads from XDA

Streaming webbased 3D content with 3D subs

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By DarkMojo, Junior Member on 30th December 2017, 07:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys,

First, apologies if I might break some netiquette or rules, but I'm getting a bit desparate. I've searched for ages, both on here and on Google.

Here's my issue.

I want to stream 3D content that is webbased from my phone (Sony Xperia Z1) to my Chromecast. I don't have a PC at the moment.
Which isn't the problem on it's own.
However, as I'm not a native English speaker, I'd like to have some subtitles. I've already found a nifty app that converts .SRT files to either .SSA or .ASS.

Now, I've tried using a bunch of apps to achieve this, but never with 100% success (more apps than the ones below, buy they all kinda had the same functionality).

- MXplayer accepts SOME 3D streams, and can show the 3D subs. It cannot stream on its own, without sharing to en external app.

- If the abovementioned stream works on MX, and I stream it to LocalCast (or use LocalCast to open the stream directly), I can add the 3D subs (supports only 1 format though), but I get the error that Chromecast can't play the stream, and that LC can't fix it.

- If I use WebVideo Cast (which I would normally use), I can play all streams just fine, but it doesn't support 3D subs.

Does anyone know of an app that supports both casting to Chromecast AND 3D subs?

Much obliged
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread