FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ViCast HD Chromecast player with transcoding.

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
By viappscompany, Junior Member on 31st March 2017, 02:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Guys, please try our new app
ViCast is a simple and stable HD Google Cast (Chromecast) player (can be found on the Google Play Market).
Enjoy casting your favourite media to the big screen!
We are working hard to provide you with a great opportunity to seamlessly watch your favourite HD movies. It’s highly optimized for streaming H.264 encoded videos and allows to play incompatible Google Cast media. Moreover, your media content will also be accessible via DLNA server.

SUPPORTED FORMATS:
Video: MP4, MKV, AVI, WEBM, MOV, WMV, MPG, 3GP, M4V.
Audio: MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV.
Photo: JPG, PNG, BMP, WEBP, GIF.
The Following User Says Thank You to viappscompany For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift viappscompany Ad-Free
 
 
31st March 2017, 03:21 PM |#2  
joshua764's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag mexico df
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
For my experience chromecast does not support avi extensions. This app does the miracle ?? At night I try

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk
31st March 2017, 03:34 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua764

For my experience chromecast does not support avi extensions. This app does the miracle ?? At night I try

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk

Yes, it does
The Following User Says Thank You to viappscompany For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift viappscompany Ad-Free
2nd April 2017, 10:51 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
i tested the app.

only video, no audio. apparently it wont transcode on-the-fly like the app "MegaCast".

no reason from my side to use your app, unless you can do better on-the-fly transcoding, for example just transcode the audio stream and pass through the video stream.
THAT would be a reason to use your app!

it was 1080p h264 + dual language ac3 (i guess) in mkv.
3rd April 2017, 07:58 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purah

i tested the app.

only video, no audio. apparently it wont transcode on-the-fly like the app "MegaCast".

no reason from my side to use your app, unless you can do better on-the-fly transcoding, for example just transcode the audio stream and pass through the video stream.
THAT would be a reason to use your app!

it was 1080p h264 + dual language ac3 (i guess) in mkv.

Hi, Purah
Thank you for your review.

Did you cast some local video from your device, or you used DLNA server? And what chromecast version you are using?
Actually ViCast does audio only transcoding when it is possible and it looks like your file is a case. There is a known issue with ChromecastUltra which may lead to behaviour that you have described. We will add this note to the description.
Could you please provide us the file which you have tried to cast?
5th April 2017, 12:14 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by viappscompany

Did you cast some local video from your device, or you used DLNA server?

I used a local video to test ViCast and no test with Plex Media Server + ViCast yet.

Quote:

And what chromecast version you are using?

Chromecast 1. gen. with root.

Quote:

Actually ViCast does audio only transcoding when it is possible and it looks like your file is a case.

What does this mean?

Quote:

Could you please provide us the file which you have tried to cast?

Sorry, not allowed to distribute this file but i can give you the information obtained by media info.
6th April 2017, 03:19 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
[QUOTE=Purah;71729735]I used a local video to test ViCast and no test with Plex Media Server + ViCast yet.


Chromecast 1. gen. with root.
We are investigating this issue.

What does this mean?
We just transcode the audio stream as you wrote.

Thank you for information.
27th April 2017, 01:54 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
[QUOTE=viappscompany;71751520]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purah

I used a local video to test ViCast and no test with Plex Media Server + ViCast yet.


Chromecast 1. gen. with root.
We are investigating this issue.

What does this mean?
We just transcode the audio stream as you wrote.

Thank you for information.

Hey Purah,

Issue with the no audio on Chromecast 1. gen fixed.
27th April 2017, 01:54 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purah

I used a local video to test ViCast and no test with Plex Media Server + ViCast yet.


Chromecast 1. gen. with root.


What does this mean?


Sorry, not allowed to distribute this file but i can give you the information obtained by media info.

Hey Purah,

Issue with the no audio on Chromecast 1. gen fixed.
7th May 2017, 12:04 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Excellent App
I have been searching for some time for an app to cast my mkv files with ac3 audio. Megacast trancodes but was dropping out part way through. Finally found vicast and it works perfectly. Thanks. Should ask will you be releasing a paid version to get rid of those annoying ads?
10th May 2017, 10:18 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ark163

I have been searching for some time for an app to cast my mkv files with ac3 audio. Megacast trancodes but was dropping out part way through. Finally found vicast and it works perfectly. Thanks. Should ask will you be releasing a paid version to get rid of those annoying ads?

Hi, Thank you for the review
We are currently working on the paid version.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes