FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ViCast HD Chromecast player with transcoding.

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By viappscompany, Junior Member on 31st March 2017, 02:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th May 2017, 10:18 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ark163

I have been searching for some time for an app to cast my mkv files with ac3 audio. Megacast trancodes but was dropping out part way through. Finally found vicast and it works perfectly. Thanks. Should ask will you be releasing a paid version to get rid of those annoying ads?

Hi, Thank you for the review
We are currently working on the paid version.

27th December 2017, 10:59 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Why cannot i cast movie codec bluray.h264.aac.mp4 from my tablet to tv. On tablet it works perfectly.
3rd January 2018, 12:59 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 170

More
Hi,

I've got this "HuiHeng WiFi Display Dongle", which is supposed to do Airplay, DLNA and Miracast. However it has very poor decoding capabilities. As a result, almost none of my local video files can be casted to this device.
My question is, is ViCast compatible with DLNA and/or Airplay? If not, do you have any plans to include DLNA support in the near future? Willing to pay for a reliable transcoding app for DLNA.
Thanks in advance for your time
2nd April 2018, 12:27 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by viappscompany

Guys, please try our new app
ViCast is a simple and stable HD Google Cast (Chromecast) player (can be found on the Google Play Market).

I'm was planning to buy a Chromecast today to take away with me on my upcoming one month South America trip but the majority of my media is in MKV format, mostly x264 and more recently x265. if viCast can do x264 MKV then I will definitely give it a try. But can ViCast do x265 yet? If not, is this something you think will be possible? Recently I have started only encoding or downloading x265 files due to their tiny size so if I could cast those via the Chromecast I'd be a very happy camper.

Also, is your app able to find and view videos files in hidden folders (ones prefixed with a dot)? My kids use my phone quite a bit so I want to make sure any unsuitable TV shows or movies (or any other, ahem, "adult oriented videos") I might have cannot be viewed by them.
If it doesn't can I make a suggestion? I've seen so many people also request this in other apps - basically you allow support for hidden files and folders but password protect it so even if my 5 year old starts ViCast they can only see the vids in the main Google/OS Videos folder. But if I wanted to watch hidden files I could enter the password (entered during setup) and it would list them and allow me to play them. What do you think?
19th April 2018, 01:19 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Superb app! Keep up the good work..

May i have one suggestion though? Please add a video zoom option so that any video size can be zoomed to fill up any screen from where it is watched 😉
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)