*Get rid of cyclic spontaneous reboots of your Philips Android TV...
*Recover your Philips Android TV in case you get continuous boot-loops, where Philips and/or Android logo does not even show up...
*Stop your Philips Android TV to wake up spontaneously from stand-by mode...
*Delete all data and refresh TV's android system
Part A - Wiping Data (All data/apps/settings will be deleted):
2. Press and hold arrow "Down" on the joypad at the back of the TV.
3. Afterwards re-plug the TV to the power outlet, wait 10 seconds and enter "Android System Recovery" mode. Please not that on some models of Philips Android TV's joypad does not trigger "Android System Recovery" therefore use ADB command: adb reboot recovery (help)
4. Download ZIP file containing "WipeDataTool.upg" to your PC and unzip it to the root of USB drive.
5. It is recommended to disconnect all other USB devices from the TV.
6. Connect USB drive with a prepared file to the TV.
7. Select the menu item "Apply update from external storage" with up/down buttons on remote control and start the "WipeDataTool.upg".
8. Wait until you see the recovery menu again with confirmation message "WipeData completed".
9. Use remote control to select "Reboot system now". TV needs to boot into the operating mode.
Warning! If the TV will continue to restart, contact your local Philips technical support to further address your Philips Android TV issue
Part B - Reinstall TV (All data/apps/settings will be deleted):
2. Select "Yes".
3. After displaying initial settings on TV screen, remove the power cord from the outlet for 10-15 minutes.
List of Android Philips TV's with chassis QV15.1E LA (See label on the rear panel of the TV):
List of Android Philips TV's with chassis QV14.1E LA (See label on the rear panel of the TV):
List of Android Philips TV's with chassis QM15.2E LA (See label on the rear panel of the TV):
Other models of Philips Android TV
Download it to USB, rename it to "wipedatatool.upg" and you are good to go...
NOTE FOR SKEPTICS: Above guide and below attached files are made by Philips [TP Vision]. Additionally, UPG files are encrypted with unique key known only to the manufacturer confirming their originality. . .
SOURCE: Philips Support website - Russia (благодарю/Thanks for great tool)