FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Do Not Disturb sync for Wear 2.0

27 posts
Thanks Meter: 40

By raimondas.rimkus, Junior Member on 7th May 2017, 05:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Those who have been lucky to upgrade to Wear 2.0 have probably noticed the removed Do Not Disturb toggle synchronization between wearable and phone. Some like it, some not. I didn't like it, so I made an app that does the sync. Currently it only works one way: wearable -> phone. With some hacking, sync is working both ways.

You can find the application in Play Store.
Source is available in github and licensed under Apache 2.0.

Installation instructions for Watch -> Phone sync:
  1. Install phone application and wearable application from on-watch Play Store
  2. Launch application on Phone
  3. Click "Grant Permission" button
  4. Enable Do Not Disturb access permission for application
  5. Make sure all 3 checks in the application pass

Installation instructions for Phone -> Watch sync:
  1. Setup watch ADB
  2. Execute:
    Code:
    adb shell settings put secure enabled_notification_listeners com.google.android.wearable.app/com.google.android.clockwork.stream.NotificationCollectorService:rkr.weardndsync/rkr.weardndsync.HackService
  3. Enable state broadcast in Watch Setup wizard

Currently synchronization phone -> watch is only possible by assigning permissions in ADB. Wear OS doesn't provide management settings. As this is not officially supported - it may not work for everyone or the next Wear version.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to raimondas.rimkus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raimondas.rimkus Ad-Free

8th May 2017, 06:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I love that something like this is now made, but I have a question. What is the first screenshot in the Google Play Store link for? I thought this was only for DND?

I'd like to install it and find out myself, but my ZenWatch 2 still hasn't received the update.
8th May 2017, 06:34 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
If your watch isn't updated, then the sync should work out of the box. As for the screenshot, I tried to show that the toggle in the watch will sync to the toggle in the phone. I'm not a designer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raimondas.rimkus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raimondas.rimkus Ad-Free
8th May 2017, 08:25 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 4,760

More
Wonderful little utility. Thank you very much.

Fingers crossed to get phone > watch allowed.

I have a few apps that toggle DND via Tasker on my phone, and having it trigger the watch too would be sweet.
9th May 2017, 05:28 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Good news and bad news.
The bad: notification access and all the management is unavailable in Wear. So there will not be an official way to make this work (source).
The good: you can grant the permission in ADB. I tried it and the app can actually switch DND on and off (source).

Having to run a single ADB command will probably not stop the brave people of XDA! So synchronization should eventually come to the watch, just give me some time to fix the current bugs.
Bonus news: AudioManager can be used in android <6 for sound modes. Haven't looked into that yet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raimondas.rimkus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raimondas.rimkus Ad-Free
10th May 2017, 01:10 AM |#6  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 209

More
Thanks for this app, I miss the functionality!
10th May 2017, 06:44 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Sync from phone to watch is implemented and functional! v1.5 is being pushed to the Play Store. You just need to enable broadcast from phone in setup wizard and execute this command in the watch:

Code:
adb shell settings put secure enabled_notification_listeners com.google.android.wearable.app/com.google.android.clockwork.stream.NotificationCollectorService:rkr.weardndsync/rkr.weardndsync.HackService
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raimondas.rimkus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raimondas.rimkus Ad-Free
13th May 2017, 02:24 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raimondas.rimkus

You can find the application in Play Store

Hello!
Not work on Huawei Mediapad X2 (android 5.1.1).
I know: "only Android 6+ is supported"... But, maybe, android 5.1 can be added to?..
Thank you!
14th May 2017, 06:58 PM |#9  

More
If it can help, I can access Do Not Disturb on android 5 through Tasker.
But it is called "Interrupt Mode". It can be found here: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/userguide_summary.html search for "Interrupt Mode".
15th May 2017, 07:20 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raimondas.rimkus

Those who have been lucky to upgrade to Wear 2.0 have probably noticed the removed Do Not Disturb toggle synchronization between wearable and phone. Some like it, some not. I didn't like it, so I made an app that does the sync. Currently it only works one way: wearable -> phone. With some hacking, sync is working both ways.

You can find the application in Play Store.
Source is available in github and licensed under Apache 2.0.

Installation instructions for Watch -> Phone sync:

1. Install phone application and wearable application from on-watch Play Store
  2. Launch application on Phone
  3. Click "Grant Permission" button
  4. Enable Do Not Disturb access permission for application
  5. Make sure all 3 checks in the application pass

Installation instructions for Phone -> Watch sync:
  1. Setup watch ADB
  2. Execute:
    Code:
  3. Enable state broadcast in Watch Setup wizard

Currently synchronization phone -> watch is only possible by assigning permissions in ADB. Wear OS doesn't provide management settings. As this is not officially supported - it may not work for everyone or the next Wear version.

Thank you so much.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
17th May 2017, 07:29 PM |#11  

More
Works perfect!! Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to jugul For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jugul Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)