FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP]NavMusic - an offline wear music player

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By joelphilippage, Junior Member on 5th August 2017, 11:20 PM
View First Unread Post Reply Email Thread
Hi!

I created a android wear app to listen to music offline. It includes an FTP server to quickly transfer mp3s to your watch. It includes a watch face that fetches your current album art. Great for long runs or workouts without your phone.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...apage.navmusic

Screenshots:

Notification
Artist View
Now Playing Screen
Watch Face
Now Playing
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joelphilippage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joelphilippage Ad-Free

6th August 2017, 09:04 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Hi @Joelphillipage
Could I confirm this is working on Android wear 1.5??

I installed this on my Sony smartwatch 3 (with Note 3 phone) and applied promo code (thank you) but app is not appearing on my watch.

Even confirmed using Wear App Manager (says app is not found on wearable device)

Update:
App eventually showed up on the watch.
This app really works work, the reason I was interested in this app was for the ftp function.

When I get home will test this side of the app.

Music player is working fine though
8th September 2017, 02:59 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
The App is now free for a limited time. Be sure to check it out!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...apage.navmusic

Thanks for the post sound2005.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound2005

Hi @Joelphillipage
Could I confirm this is working on Android wear 1.5??

I installed this on my Sony smartwatch 3 (with Note 3 phone) and applied promo code (thank you) but app is not appearing on my watch.

Even confirmed using Wear App Manager (says app is not found on wearable device)

Update:
App eventually showed up on the watch.
This app really works work, the reason I was interested in this app was for the ftp function.

When I get home will test this side of the app.

Music player is working fine though

9th September 2017, 10:18 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Tried everything I know but the app still doesn't appear in my SW3.

Would really like to try it... If anyone has some trick.
The Following User Says Thank You to gulyfmg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gulyfmg Ad-Free
10th September 2017, 12:27 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulyfmg

Tried everything I know but the app still doesn't appear in my SW3.

Would really like to try it... If anyone has some trick.

I'm sorry you are having trouble. This seemed to be working fine initially, but has been having problems recently. Unfortunately, documentation for having a standalone app for 1.x is still rather vague. I pushed a new update. Could you make sure you get version 0.3.4 installed on your mobile device and try re-syncing your apps? From what I understand, this does take some time. If the issue persists, I would be happy to send you the Wear APK to be installed manually.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Joel
11th September 2017, 04:51 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
With the new update the app was installed on the wear minutes after... Thank you. Gonna start testing tomorrow.
11th September 2017, 05:00 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulyfmg

With the new update the app was installed on the wear minutes after... Thank you. Gonna start testing tomorrow.

Great! Thanks for the confirmation. It is hard for me to know if something I did messed it up or fixed it.
13th September 2017, 10:11 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi! First of all, thanks for your job. App installed on my LG G5 with nougat. It does not appears in my Sony SW3. Should it be seen like a regular app in the phone too? Would like to try, working with wear media until now, your app looks better.

Enviado desde mi LG-H850 mediante Tapatalk
13th September 2017, 02:49 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblex

Hi! First of all, thanks for your job. App installed on my LG G5 with nougat. It does not appears in my Sony SW3. Should it be seen like a regular app in the phone too? Would like to try, working with wear media until now, your app looks better.

Yes. It should download on to your SW3 after you install it on your phone and appear as an app on your watch. This appears to be a problem mainly with this device, though transfering apps has always been slow on Android Wear 1.

Some troubleshooting steps:

-Uninstall and Re-Install NavMusic. (Google Play Music didn't transfer until I had done this)
-Try Re-Syncing the apps in the Android Wear App.

I'm very sorry for the problems users of this watch model are having. I will contact the manufacturer.

In the meantime, I will PM you the current APK and you could sideload it using this method:
Here

I understand this is a poor solution. You could also try a factory reset, but understand that this would be a pain. Thanks!
13th September 2017, 03:26 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelphilippage

Yes. It should download on to your SW3 after you install it on your phone and appear as an app on your watch. This appears to be a problem mainly with this device, though transfering apps has always been slow on Android Wear 1.

Some troubleshooting steps:

-Uninstall and Re-Install NavMusic. (Google Play Music didn't transfer until I had done this)
-Try Re-Syncing the apps in the Android Wear App.

I'm very sorry for the problems users of this watch model are having. I will contact the manufacturer.

In the meantime, I will PM you the current APK and you could sideload it using this method:
Here

I understand this is a poor solution. You could also try a factory reset, but understand that this would be a pain. Thanks!

I contacted Sony for support but they said they would be unable to help me as I did not have an Xperia phone with a SmartWatch 3 and were not very helpful. Seems like a pain. Anyway, the app should be supported, and I would be happy to send the APK to any affected users. You may try getting in touch with there tech support and see if they have any other suggestions. Thanks!
13th September 2017, 05:07 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelphilippage

I contacted Sony for support but they said they would be unable to help me as I did not have an Xperia phone with a SmartWatch 3 and were not very helpful. Seems like a pain. Anyway, the app should be supported, and I would be happy to send the APK to any affected users. You may try getting in touch with there tech support and see if they have any other suggestions. Thanks!

Thanks! I tell you. Reinstalling the app from Play store did the same thing, fail. Resyncing apps failed too. I received your pm with the apk. I installed directly from the phone with a file browser and apeared in the watch! . Your app looks very good. I proved ftp transfer and ok. Wifi must be the only way to connect, bluetooth off, as the other ftp app I used to try. Later I will prove the music player in a running session, I will tell you, but I like it too much by now . Thanks for your effort and excuse my english, I try my best .

Edited: I forgot to tell you that help option in settings does nothing for me, watch or phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)