Phoenix
Last edited:

Flexia32

Dec 15, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro

lentm

Dec 3, 2008
Hi Flexia,

The latest release adds support for setting screen brightness while charging. Make sure you grant the app settings permission when it asks.

Thanks!

Thanks!! This is the only app that sets my Huawei Watch's brightness lower than system setting.
Is it possible to set ambient brightness lower also?

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
Phoenix
Thanks!! This is the only app that sets my Huawei Watch's brightness lower than system setting.
Is it possible to set ambient brightness lower also?

This changes both modes on the Wear24. I believe there is no way to manually trigger ambient mode, so I don't think I can do much with that. Does the Huawei watch have separate brightness settings? I may get out my Moto360 sport and see how it works on that.

lentm

Dec 3, 2008
This changes both modes on the Wear24. I believe there is no way to manually trigger ambient mode, so I don't think I can do much with that. Does the Huawei watch have separate brightness settings? I may get out my Moto360 sport and see how it works on that.

If I'm correct, there is no option to set ambient mode brightness on Huawei Watch, and it's way too bright in my opinion...

Reactions: joelphilippage

moneytoo

Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2007
brouken.com
Thanks for this. I use Google Pay so I'm required to use a lockscreen on my watch. Debugging apps over cable was a nightmare with constant turning of a screen and unlocking.

yochananmarqos

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2013
github.com
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
I only enabled Screen on while Debugging at first, but the screen won't turn off at all while the app is installed. ADB Debugging is off. Also, when Change Brightness is enabled, it changes the brightness when charging, but then does not set the brightness back to whatever it was after taking it off the charger.

Verizon Wear24
Wear OS 2.10

Last edited:

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
Phoenix
I only enabled Screen on while Debugging at first, but the screen won't turn off at all while the app is installed. ADB Debugging is off. Also, when Change Brightness is enabled, it changes the brightness when charging, but then does not set the brightness back to whatever it was after taking it off the charger.

Verizon Wear24
Wear OS 2.10

Hey,

The debugging just checks to see if ADB is enabled using:
https://developer.android.com/reference/android/provider/Settings.Global.html#ADB_ENABLED
To stop this behavior, you have to go into the developer settings and turn adb off or swipe away the locked on notification. I'd be welcome to change this if you know of a way to check if an Android device is actively being debugged.

I am not able to replicate the issue with the brightness being reset. I would suggest swiping away the notification if it is active before charging, then adjusting the brightness and placing it on the charger again to see if this fixes it.

Also, the charge functionality will not work on Android 8 devices since background services are not allowed to be started from a receiver like charging. I'd also change this if there is another way.

yochananmarqos

Feb 15, 2013
github.com
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
Hey,

The debugging just checks to see if ADB is enabled using:
https://developer.android.com/reference/android/provider/Settings.Global.html#ADB_ENABLED
To stop this behavior, you have to go into the developer settings and turn adb off or swipe away the locked on notification. I'd be welcome to change this if you know of a way to check if an Android device is actively being debugged.

I am not able to replicate the issue with the brightness being reset. I would suggest swiping away the notification if it is active before charging, then adjusting the brightness and placing it on the charger again to see if this fixes it.

Also, the charge functionality will not work on Android 8 devices since background services are not allowed to be started from a receiver like charging. I'd also change this if there is another way.
I think I missed that the notification was present. Sorry for the false alarm.

MATPOC

Jun 25, 2010
The latest update adds support to change screen brightness while charging. Make sure you grant settings permissions when it asks.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.turndapage.watchwake
Play Market don't allow me to install your app - just say I don't have compatible devices. Other Android Wear apps installed fine so I think it can't install because of country restrictions. I am live in Russia, please give access to install your app.

Last edited:

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
Phoenix
Play Market don't allow me to install your app - just say I don't have compatible devices. Other Android Wear apps installed fine so I think it can't install because of country restrictions. I am live in Russia, please give access to install your app.

I'm not using any restrictions based on country or device. What device are you trying to install it on? Have you searched for the app on the playstore on your watch?

MATPOC

Jun 25, 2010
I'm not using any restrictions based on country or device. What device are you trying to install it on? Have you searched for the app on the playstore on your watch?
I tried to install it on Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual Phone and Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet. I don't upgraded my Wear24 to Wear OS 2.0 and I cant find Play Store in apps of watches. When I am searching WatchWake on phone or tablet it can't be found but it available to search in browser but can't be install because of incompatible. Other Wear OS apps I installed to phone and after that it was installed to Wear24 by Wear OS app from phone.

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
Phoenix
I tried to install it on Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual Phone and Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet. I don't upgraded my Wear24 to Wear OS 2.0 and I cant find Play Store in apps of watches. When I am searching WatchWake on phone or tablet it can't be found but it available to search in browser but can't be install because of incompatible. Other Wear OS apps I installed to phone and after that it was installed to Wear24 by Wear OS app from phone.

Since you haven't updated your Wear24 to 2.0, it will not appear on the play store. I decided not to support Wear 1 on the play store as this requires a mobile app and usually leads to lots of bad reviews from users who install it on their phone and don't see the app and the new method only works half the time which also causes bad reviews. The app should support the watch, but you will have to sideload it. search for "Watchwake apk" and you should be able to find it.

Reactions: MATPOC

MATPOC

Jun 25, 2010
Since you haven't updated your Wear24 to 2.0, it will not appear on the play store. The app should support the watch, but you will have to sideload it. search for "Watchwake apk" and you should be able to find it.
ОК, I got it. I had а problems with upgrade and successfully upgraded after third attempt. Now I opened Play Market from Wear24 and found and installed your app. Thank you! :)

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
Phoenix
ОК, I got it. I had а problems with upgrade and successfully upgraded after third attempt. Now I opened Play Market from Wear24 and found and installed your app. Thank you! :)

Glad you got it working! Keep in mind leaving the app running may cause burn-in on the Wear24 so I would suggest not leaving it on for long periods of time.

yochananmarqos

Feb 15, 2013
github.com
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
Your is a great simple app. I just wish I could set it a dim level for it. The watch is a little bright for me at night

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You can with AutoWear. The Brightness setting accepts values between 0 - 255. At night I set it to 51 (watch brightness level 1) and 204 during the day (watch brightness level 3).

davidgro

Jul 9, 2011
Seattle

On my Wear24, this app works to reduce the brightness of the default blue charging display, but not the actual Ambient mode, which can in fact be triggered manually - after dismissing the default display, just smoosh your palm on the whole screen! (this still works while it's on the charger) - Doing that turns the brightness back up.

Would there be any way to detect when I do it while it's charging and turn the brightness back down where I set it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just what it says it does. My only problem with the Wear24 was keeping the screen on while debugging or charging. This app fixes that problem.

The latest update adds support to change screen brightness while charging. Make sure you grant settings permissions when it asks.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.turndapage.watchwake
    Your is a great simple app. I just wish I could set it a dim level for it. The watch is a little bright for me at night

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hi Flexia,

The latest release adds support for setting screen brightness while charging. Make sure you grant the app settings permission when it asks.

Thanks!

If I'm correct, there is no option to set ambient mode brightness on Huawei Watch, and it's way too bright in my opinion...

Since you haven't updated your Wear24 to 2.0, it will not appear on the play store. I decided not to support Wear 1 on the play store as this requires a mobile app and usually leads to lots of bad reviews from users who install it on their phone and don't see the app and the new method only works half the time which also causes bad reviews. The app should support the watch, but you will have to sideload it. search for "Watchwake apk" and you should be able to find it.