FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

WatchWake - Keep Screen on While Charging or Debug Now with Brightness Setting

109 posts
Thanks Meter: 45

By joelphilippage, Senior Member on 14th January 2018, 04:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just what it says it does. My only problem with the Wear24 was keeping the screen on while debugging or charging. This app fixes that problem.

The latest update adds support to change screen brightness while charging. Make sure you grant settings permissions when it asks.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...page.watchwake
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joelphilippage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joelphilippage Ad-Free

7th February 2018, 12:43 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelphilippage

Just what it says it does. This may only be a problem with Wear24, but turning on keep screen on while debugging does not keep the back-light on. This app fixes that problem.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...page.watchwake

Your is a great simple app. I just wish I could set it a dim level for it. The watch is a little bright for me at night

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
7th February 2018, 02:47 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Teec Nos Pos

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexia32

Your is a great simple app. I just wish I could set it a dim level for it. The watch is a little bright for me at night

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hi Flexia,

The latest release adds support for setting screen brightness while charging. Make sure you grant the app settings permission when it asks.

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to joelphilippage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joelphilippage Ad-Free
7th February 2018, 03:38 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Will give it a try tonight, thank you for making this app!
7th February 2018, 10:30 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:

Hi Flexia,

The latest release adds support for setting screen brightness while charging. Make sure you grant the app settings permission when it asks.

Thanks!

Thanks!! This is the only app that sets my Huawei Watch's brightness lower than system setting.
Is it possible to set ambient brightness lower also?
8th February 2018, 03:28 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Teec Nos Pos

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentm

Thanks!! This is the only app that sets my Huawei Watch's brightness lower than system setting.
Is it possible to set ambient brightness lower also?

This changes both modes on the Wear24. I believe there is no way to manually trigger ambient mode, so I don't think I can do much with that. Does the Huawei watch have separate brightness settings? I may get out my Moto360 sport and see how it works on that.
8th February 2018, 04:08 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:

This changes both modes on the Wear24. I believe there is no way to manually trigger ambient mode, so I don't think I can do much with that. Does the Huawei watch have separate brightness settings? I may get out my Moto360 sport and see how it works on that.

If I'm correct, there is no option to set ambient mode brightness on Huawei Watch, and it's way too bright in my opinion...
The Following User Says Thank You to lentm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lentm Ad-Free
3rd March 2018, 12:13 PM |#8  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,172

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for this. I use Google Pay so I'm required to use a lockscreen on my watch. Debugging apps over cable was a nightmare with constant turning of a screen and unlocking.
17th March 2018, 03:55 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,973

Donate to Me
More
I only enabled Screen on while Debugging at first, but the screen won't turn off at all while the app is installed. ADB Debugging is off. Also, when Change Brightness is enabled, it changes the brightness when charging, but then does not set the brightness back to whatever it was after taking it off the charger.

Verizon Wear24
Wear OS 2.10
17th March 2018, 09:21 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Teec Nos Pos

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yochananmarqos

I only enabled Screen on while Debugging at first, but the screen won't turn off at all while the app is installed. ADB Debugging is off. Also, when Change Brightness is enabled, it changes the brightness when charging, but then does not set the brightness back to whatever it was after taking it off the charger.

Verizon Wear24
Wear OS 2.10

Hey,

The debugging just checks to see if ADB is enabled using:
https://developer.android.com/refere...ml#ADB_ENABLED
To stop this behavior, you have to go into the developer settings and turn adb off or swipe away the locked on notification. I'd be welcome to change this if you know of a way to check if an Android device is actively being debugged.

I am not able to replicate the issue with the brightness being reset. I would suggest swiping away the notification if it is active before charging, then adjusting the brightness and placing it on the charger again to see if this fixes it.

Also, the charge functionality will not work on Android 8 devices since background services are not allowed to be started from a receiver like charging. I'd also change this if there is another way.
18th March 2018, 06:11 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1,973

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hey,

The debugging just checks to see if ADB is enabled using:
https://developer.android.com/refere...ml#ADB_ENABLED
To stop this behavior, you have to go into the developer settings and turn adb off or swipe away the locked on notification. I'd be welcome to change this if you know of a way to check if an Android device is actively being debugged.

I am not able to replicate the issue with the brightness being reset. I would suggest swiping away the notification if it is active before charging, then adjusting the brightness and placing it on the charger again to see if this fixes it.

Also, the charge functionality will not work on Android 8 devices since background services are not allowed to be started from a receiver like charging. I'd also change this if there is another way.

I think I missed that the notification was present. Sorry for the false alarm.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)