FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

WEAR 24 ROM Challenge

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 41

By Undergroundstudents, Junior Member on 2nd May 2018, 09:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Whoever first successfully creates a working wear24 ROM with NFC enabled and Google Pay Support, will win the money pool. In order for one to claim the prize they must PM me with a working ROM, I will test the ROM and if it is valid, I will award them the money pool. In order to participate you must donate at least $5.00 USD to the money pool, make sure to notate the donation with your username.

You do not have to participate in order to donate money to the pool. Show your support to the dedicated DEVS! The higher the pool, the harder and faster they will work!

Edit:
Here is the pool. The deadline is July 4th 2018. If no one claims the prize the funds will be refunded to the supporters.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Undergroundstudents For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Undergroundstudents Ad-Free

8th May 2018, 02:18 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I just picked one up for $59.99 Brand New and I'm quite interested if development will pick up now.
The Following User Says Thank You to btwinme For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift btwinme Ad-Free
9th May 2018, 11:57 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Would be excellent if it's 2 types: NFC enabled and NFC enabled minus the Verizon's bloatware.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tautvydas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tautvydas Ad-Free
9th May 2018, 02:50 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Pensacola

Donate to Me
More
Anyone know the best way to start a donation pool? Paypal? Kickstarter? or is there a website dedicated to competitions and such?
11th May 2018, 07:00 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can we just port existing firmware from similar devices like LG Watch Sport?
13th May 2018, 05:34 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Asked for AsteroidOS rom for Wear24 - https://asteroidos.org/about/

Answer:
Quote:

Hi Den,

Awesome! It looks like Asteroid could potentially work on that watch
since the kernel has been made available:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and.../wear24-gpl-so
urce-code-contact-info-t3742750

If you are interested, you can follow this guide:
https://asteroidos.org/wiki/porting-guide/

Have a nice day,

So, we need to wait for someone to do the port of AsteroidOS to that watch.
15th May 2018, 01:52 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Pensacola

Donate to Me
More
Here is the pool. The deadline is July 4th 2018. If no one claims the prize the funds will be refunded to the supporters.
16th May 2018, 02:49 PM |#11  

More
How does this work? Whoever claims the price commits to working on this and getting us NFC? If yes, I’m in!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
verizon-wear24, wear24

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)