FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

50% more battery tip on Wear24 (and other LTE AW watches) -> ~3 Days /w Min Usage

227 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By geminihc, Senior Member on 3rd January 2018, 09:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
so i have been seeing REALLY crappy battery usage on my wear24 on aw2.7 despite turning off alot of things and barely using any apps.

now i EVEN have always-on ambient , and my watch lasts almost 3 days. since its always on, i rarely need to use the watch (eg. wake). i use the Sleek face which shows my agenda , weather, date, various other info on my face all the time so i just look at it. and incoming messages are shown still. here is what i do:

-KEY THING: AIRPLANE MODE! eventho i turn off LTE in connecticvity, i dont know if its a bug, but it's super annoying it keeps coming back on. this is the #1 change that improved it IMMENSELY. i think this turns off alot of useless wake functions and sync'ing
-turn off wifi (auto still keeps searching)
-only use BT
-delete msg+ / my verizon
-turn off OK google / tilt to wake
- no gestures
- no location
-turn on always on

One more thing if anyone can figure out, the watch auto turns on battery saver when under 10%. i'm curious if we can force this mode when its at 100%.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to geminihc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geminihc Ad-Free

10th January 2018, 05:00 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
How did you delete msg+ / my verizon? With "adb?
Thanks,
Rob
17th January 2018, 10:37 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

More
update to AW 2.7, u can disable via system apps
18th January 2018, 02:49 AM |#4  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 12

More
turning off every thing is not called smart, better buy a normal watch then
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vijay.alapati For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vijay.alapati Ad-Free
20th January 2018, 07:03 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 116

More
I'm not going to try all of these things, but I have noticed that it re-enables the cellular radio. I'm going to try putting it in airplane mode and just keeping the bluetooth connection on. My only issue is, is there any way to get rid of the airplane icon on the watchface?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminihc

so i have been seeing REALLY crappy battery usage on my wear24 on aw2.7 despite turning off alot of things and barely using any apps.

now i EVEN have always-on ambient , and my watch lasts almost 3 days. since its always on, i rarely need to use the watch (eg. wake). i use the Sleek face which shows my agenda , weather, date, various other info on my face all the time so i just look at it. and incoming messages are shown still. here is what i do:

-KEY THING: AIRPLANE MODE! eventho i turn off LTE in connecticvity, i dont know if its a bug, but it's super annoying it keeps coming back on. this is the #1 change that improved it IMMENSELY. i think this turns off alot of useless wake functions and sync'ing
-turn off wifi (auto still keeps searching)
-only use BT
-delete msg+ / my verizon
-turn off OK google / tilt to wake
- no gestures
- no location
-turn on always on

One more thing if anyone can figure out, the watch auto turns on battery saver when under 10%. i'm curious if we can force this mode when its at 100%.

22nd January 2018, 06:13 PM |#6  
Flag Teec Nos Pos
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermojorizin

I'm not going to try all of these things, but I have noticed that it re-enables the cellular radio. I'm going to try putting it in airplane mode and just keeping the bluetooth connection on. My only issue is, is there any way to get rid of the airplane icon on the watchface?

I believe rebooting the watch is what turns on the cell signal. Mine stays off until I reboot. You don't need to turn on airplane mode to turn off the cell signal. I was going to write an app to do this automatically on boot, but can't unless someone finds a method to root it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joelphilippage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joelphilippage Ad-Free
24th January 2018, 12:41 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
For the always on feature, the watch face actually changes to a different face from the one I set. It's like a screen saver version of the face which I am using. Is there any way to fix the face throughout?

And how do you guy update to 2.7? Mine updated to 2.0 and it says it's the latest version.

And where is the setting for the power saving mode? Mine enter power saving at 15%.
25th January 2018, 04:24 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson1983

For the always on feature, the watch face actually changes to a different face from the one I set. It's like a screen saver version of the face which I am using. Is there any way to fix the face throughout?

And how do you guy update to 2.7? Mine updated to 2.0 and it says it's the latest version.

And where is the setting for the power saving mode? Mine enter power saving at 15%.

I installed 2.8 on mine through ADB
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mistermojorizin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mistermojorizin Ad-Free
25th January 2018, 06:52 PM |#9  
Flag Teec Nos Pos
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:

You can disable the charging display by going into app settings and disabling the charging app. I never found a way to keep the screen lit up while charging even with the always on enabled so I wrote an app to do it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...page.watchwake
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joelphilippage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joelphilippage Ad-Free
5th February 2018, 06:31 AM |#10  

More
Quote:

You're taking about ambient display. The app that sets your watch face controls that. Some have settings for this either on watch or on phone, some don't and you can't change it if you're using that face. I use watchmaker, which lets me edit every image layer in my faces and select which parts stay on. Also can create layers only visible in ambient mode.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mistermojorizin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mistermojorizin Ad-Free
8th February 2018, 06:22 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermojorizin

I installed 2.8 on mine through ADB

How did you update through ADB?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
verizon-wear24

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)