Verizon wear24 Message app

Search This thread

SimpyD

Aug 4, 2011
Hi

I'm trying to get Android messenger working on this. I have message+ disable and cellular also disabled.. I gave Android message permissions but when I click on watch face with message logo
says no app installed.

lifeisfun

Nov 7, 2007
Hi

I'm trying to get Android messenger working on this. I have message+ disable and cellular also disabled.. I gave Android message permissions but when I click on watch face with message logo
says no app installed.
Yeah, the Verizon face sucks, not much customization but you should be able do it in the android wear app on the phone, works for me. Just remove the message app tab and re add it ( first install the android messanger)
Use different face, watchmaker is great

Last edited:
Reactions: dattguy

SimpyD

Aug 4, 2011
Hi, I was able to change faces and such, but still unable to send messages with the android app and message+ is disabled. Also my microphone seems to not work, ok google doesn't work and a voice call the other person could not hear me.
kinda a pain. thx

mistermojorizin

Dec 21, 2011
Google Pixel 5
I struggled with it for a bit as well. so what i had to do was do a factory reset (after updating wear 2.0). then somehow, i paired it to my phone, but skipped the rest of the initial setup stuff it wants you to do like giving it your phone number and setting up vzw message. first thing i did was disable all of the system apps like "phone" and "vzw messages" and/or wear24 app. Never having opened vzw messages, i downloaded google messages from play store. It works great now. google now works perfectly. i don't try to make phone calls off of it so can't help you with that part. but make sure you turn the cellular radio off after every reboot (just to save battery).

this is an amazing whatch for someone like me who does not *want* to have an lte watch. I just wanted a bluetooth only watch with a high res screen, big battery, modern wear processor for $80 shipped. - nfc and heartrate and swappable bands would be nice, but oh well. It gives me all of my notifications so i don't have to take out a phone during meetings and it's much snappier than my urbane was. - nfc, heartrate, and swappable bands would be nice, but oh well.

Reactions: rubber guard

dragonash

Jun 21, 2007
I've disabled msg+ and installed android messenger.

I can receive texts, but the only way I can send a text is via google assistant because even though the app is installed, the icon wont show in the app drawer.
But after I go through the voice process (send txt to blah blah blah), it errors out on sending it.
I've granted all permissions

dbregman

Aug 2, 2010
Since there are not many Wear24 threads here I will see if any of you can help.
I agree with mistermojorizin - for the price it is now if is a good watch. My issues is this:

I want to use LTE and have it working fine. I can send and response to messages from Message+ (ugh), but when I use google assistant to send a message - which I have done often with other watches - I says sending with watch and hangs on a spinning wheel.

Anyone else see this and have a suggestion? If I could change the app that Assistant uses to send the message to Message+ that might solve the issue, but I haven't see how to do that.

vwauditech

Apr 22, 2007
Pennsylvania

I can receive texts, but the only way I can send a text is via google assistant because even though the app is installed, the icon wont show in the app drawer.
But after I go through the voice process (send txt to blah blah blah), it errors out on sending it.

If you try and send text message but it says send from watch and just sits there spinning, you need to disable VZW from sim info. That will also help battery life too. Only thing not working on my watch is the mic in a call. I'm using it with BT/WiFi only with my P2XL on T-Mobile.

Reactions: balag59 and martyh1

gab2010

Apr 17, 2017
I have installed Android Messenger and it works for me with the voice to text, I like that one a lot.
The watch in general is great, I wish that the speaker was louder (as I thought that it will be) and the NFC to be working. I paid $94 CAD for it, you can't even get a used Moto360 first gen in good condition for this price, never mind a high end device.
The band could be replaced, if you don't have Verizon for a provider why would anyone care for the antenna anyway? I have a Moto360 first gen and this is better with the Android Wear 2.0 and bigger battery, after 11 hours of moderate usage I am at 51% of battery remainig which is pretty decent.
Happy so far

Last edited:

martyh1

Apr 13, 2007
If you try and send text message but it says send from watch and just sits there spinning, you need to disable VZW from sim info. That will also help battery life too. Only thing not working on my watch is the mic in a call. I'm using it with BT/WiFi only with my P2XL on T-Mobile.

Thanks for the siminfo trick. I think that might have done the job for getting voice assistant to use android messages instead of Verizon messages+. Before that, I could respond to text messages but just couldn't initiate a message using voice.

I also disabled the Verizon apps where I could. And I "deleted" Verizon as a carrier altogether (in the siminfo area). The other things I did to get going (and not wait for the system/google updates) was to sideload android wear 2.8, google play services, and finally the google app using ADB on my iMac. It needed all three it appeared.

Here's the command for ADB:
adb connect [IP of your watch:port] (I didn't use a port)
adb install -r [app.apk]

Liking the wear24 quite a bit so far as compared to my old Moto 360 1st gen which is still going strong after a battery replacement. Kind of wish the watch diameter was as wide as the Moto 360. I'll do a video comparison of the two soon (makethistechwork.com).

balag59

May 31, 2014
Unable to send text via assistant after following steps

Thank you for the info! I'm using this watch with a Pixel XL and Tmobile just like you. However, even after disable version from the sim info, it still doesn't work. I have the same issue as before where it says that could not connect to a phone. I've included some screenshots showing my sim-info to illustrate what I'm talking about. Kindly suggest anything else that I can do since I've tried everything including factory resets.Thanks!

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 214
  • screen(1).png
    screen(1).png
    16.6 KB · Views: 215
  • screen(2).png
    screen(2).png
    20.7 KB · Views: 216

scooter1979

Oct 10, 2010
Ypsi
After updating the wear app and android messages, I can see previews of all my text threads, but when I tap the threads, messages crashes. Has anyone else seen this with all the recent updates?

EDIT: After futzing with permissions for a few seemingly related apps, Messages no longer crashes on me. I could swear I had already tried all of the changes I made this last round, but maybe I missed one every other time. If anyone else runs into this, I'll be happy to share permission settings to see if it helps.

Last edited:

iamtek7

Aug 31, 2011
After updating the wear app and android messages, I can see previews of all my text threads, but when I tap the threads, messages crashes. Has anyone else seen this with all the recent updates?

EDIT: After futzing with permissions for a few seemingly related apps, Messages no longer crashes on me. I could swear I had already tried all of the changes I made this last round, but maybe I missed one every other time. If anyone else runs into this, I'll be happy to share permission settings to see if it helps.

If You wouldn't mind sharing what You did/have set for Perms I would appreciate it.

scooter1979

Oct 10, 2010
Ypsi
If You wouldn't mind sharing what You did/have set for Perms I would appreciate it.

Sure. First, I'll mention that I have removed all of the VZ carrier information, as suggested in this thread, as I don't use nor plan to use VZ, so that may or may not have anything to do with it.

I also disabled Message+, the default text app, in system app settings. I did not touch permissions there.

On to permissions... I pretty much went with all or nothing, looking through system apps and messing with anything that might have to do with messaging...

Android Messages: All on
Phone: All on
Wear OS: All on except storage

As I said, I had reset the phone a few times, and the last time, directly off of reset, my order was: update Google and WearOS system apps, disable Message+, install Android Messages, change permissions, open Android Messages. I didn't try to open Messages until after checking permissions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sure. First, I'll mention that I have removed all of the VZ carrier information, as suggested in this thread, as I don't use nor plan to use VZ, so that may or may not have anything to do with it.

I also disabled Message+, the default text app, in system app settings. I did not touch permissions there.

On to permissions... I pretty much went with all or nothing, looking through system apps and messing with anything that might have to do with messaging...

Android Messages: All on
    Phone: All on
    Wear OS: All on except storage

As I said, I had reset the phone a few times, and the last time, directly off of reset, my order was: update Google and WearOS system apps, disable Message+, install Android Messages, change permissions, open Android Messages. I didn't try to open Messages until after checking permissions.

Hi

says no app installed.
    Yeah, the Verizon face sucks, not much customization but you should be able do it in the android wear app on the phone, works for me. Just remove the message app tab and re add it ( first install the android messanger)
    Use different face, watchmaker is great
    I struggled with it for a bit as well. so what i had to do was do a factory reset (after updating wear 2.0). then somehow, i paired it to my phone, but skipped the rest of the initial setup stuff it wants you to do like giving it your phone number and setting up vzw message. first thing i did was disable all of the system apps like "phone" and "vzw messages" and/or wear24 app. Never having opened vzw messages, i downloaded google messages from play store. It works great now. google now works perfectly. i don't try to make phone calls off of it so can't help you with that part. but make sure you turn the cellular radio off after every reboot (just to save battery).

this is an amazing whatch for someone like me who does not *want* to have an lte watch. I just wanted a bluetooth only watch with a high res screen, big battery, modern wear processor for $80 shipped. - nfc and heartrate and swappable bands would be nice, but oh well. It gives me all of my notifications so i don't have to take out a phone during meetings and it's much snappier than my urbane was. - nfc, heartrate, and swappable bands would be nice, but oh well.