FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Post Reply Email Thread
Heya!

So as the title states, is/will it be possible to port Android Wear (maybe even Wear 2) over to the Ticwatch 2? Since the watch runs Ticwear OS which is based on Android we should have all the blobs/drivers available to run the same Android Wear version on the watch itself or am I wrong here?

Thanks already!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EpicLPer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EpicLPer Ad-Free

2nd November 2016, 02:02 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi all, I got my Ticwatch 2 today and I'm also interested in the possibilities. Anyone?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gpod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gpod Ad-Free
2nd November 2016, 02:03 PM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpod

Hi all, I got my Ticwatch 2 today and I'm also interested in the possibilities. Anyone?

Oh nice! Is the Oak/Onyx shipping now?
2nd November 2016, 11:35 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicLPer

Oh nice! Is the Oak/Onyx shipping now?

My Onyx just arrived. Check Kickstarter updates, they have a query page where you can enter your email and it spits out your DHL tracking number.

Furthermore, I'd absolutely love to turn this gorgeous, well crafted piece of hardware into a fully fledged Android Wear device.
3rd November 2016, 03:56 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hope someone can!
I really hope someone can get it to work as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to ./kris For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ./kris Ad-Free
3rd November 2016, 07:38 AM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAugust

My Onyx just arrived. Check Kickstarter updates, they have a query page where you can enter your email and it spits out your DHL tracking number.

Furthermore, I'd absolutely love to turn this gorgeous, well crafted piece of hardware into a fully fledged Android Wear device.

Ah well, still says "Final packaging" for me
6th November 2016, 05:27 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have a Snow and Onyx and am happy to help
Getting AW and or AW2 compatibility would be huge for this, a whole new rom... that might be a stretch but this place has had me hacking away at android for 4-5 years now at least, game on.

LGSONE
6th November 2016, 04:02 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Anyone up for a TW2 subforum?

Maybe we could find some dedicated developers to get stuff going if we had one !
6th November 2016, 04:21 PM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 4,443

More
under caffeinated - deleted
6th November 2016, 04:58 PM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 4,443

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicLPer

No, that's for the Ticwatch 1, not for the Ticwatch 2!

Oops, I did not read closely, just saw the Ticwatch and knew there was a thread. More coffee needed!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)