Android Wear for Ticwatch 2 possible?

Search This thread

EpicLPer

Aug 29, 2012
Scheibbs
epiclper.com
Heya!

So as the title states, is/will it be possible to port Android Wear (maybe even Wear 2) over to the Ticwatch 2? Since the watch runs Ticwear OS which is based on Android we should have all the blobs/drivers available to run the same Android Wear version on the watch itself or am I wrong here?

Thanks already!

TheAugust

Apr 1, 2011
Oh nice! Is the Oak/Onyx shipping now?

My Onyx just arrived. Check Kickstarter updates, they have a query page where you can enter your email and it spits out your DHL tracking number.

Furthermore, I'd absolutely love to turn this gorgeous, well crafted piece of hardware into a fully fledged Android Wear device.

mafioso16

Apr 3, 2016
Anyone up for a TW2 subforum?

Maybe we could find some dedicated developers to get stuff going if we had one :)!

TheAugust

Apr 1, 2011
I would kill for a new android ROM to flash on this thing. I was hoping there'd be more chatter on this forum, but I guess it's to be expected considering it's just now ending up in people's hands.

If it allowed for the creation of an Android Wear-compatible Ticwatch 2, I'd lend my current one out to a respected developer here on XDA.

Reactions: nudlz

EpicLPer

Aug 29, 2012
Scheibbs
epiclper.com
Well, we have a chinese only Android Wear ROM so we'd have the drivers for the hardware possibly, but how easy will it be to port a normal Android Wear ROM over to it with those if even possible?

adi2500

Apr 28, 2013
Well, my idea is porting the Framework and Launcher from wear to normal Android. Ok, my purpose is for a Phone ( Fun Recycling Project) but thats just Hardware difference

Sent from my HUAWEI ALE-L21 using XDA Labs

gpod

Oct 10, 2007
Activate developer mode to sync wear apps

Here's what an avid user from the FB Ticwatch 2 group found out: In the ticwear app, tap on the ticwear app's version number to activate developer mode. In "advanced settings" activate the "1024" option and then sync the apps. This also causes all wear apps to sync to the watch. Note that any apps that require a connection to the phone to sync data will not work properly. An example of a working app is Task Manager For Android Wear. Let's see what else we can discover!

nudlz

Jul 3, 2015
This is a good hint. I activate it and now i have all my android-wear supported apps in my watch drawer. But they are not working. Eg. google maps:

ITvIX6ctRLHyrn29QLiDMB2fas-_Mw3xZFXe89tWMnttXOUjKJo2NEB99qSu4cIqAlIYltLZJF1Owg=w586-h878-no

Pbem

Feb 19, 2012
I think it is just the "connection" part missing.
Because apps that dont need to be directly connected to the phone work well. like games

EpicLPer

Aug 29, 2012
Scheibbs
epiclper.com
Here's what an avid user from the FB Ticwatch 2 group found out: In the ticwear app, tap on the ticwear app's version number to activate developer mode. In "advanced settings" activate the "1024" option and then sync the apps. This also causes all wear apps to sync to the watch. Note that any apps that require a connection to the phone to sync data will not work properly. An example of a working app is Task Manager For Android Wear. Let's see what else we can discover!

Damn that's a nice hint! Awesome, I'll give it a shot thanks :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Activate developer mode to sync wear apps

Heya!

So as the title states, is/will it be possible to port Android Wear (maybe even Wear 2) over to the Ticwatch 2? Since the watch runs Ticwear OS which is based on Android we should have all the blobs/drivers available to run the same Android Wear version on the watch itself or am I wrong here?

Thanks already!
    Hi all, I got my Ticwatch 2 today and I'm also interested in the possibilities. Anyone?
    I have an onyx. I really love this watch but android wear would be more powerful -> native language, more apps etc.

Please! Make it happen