Android Wear for Ticwatch 2 possible?

Search This thread

Lonath

Well, no use
I managed to enable it, Google maps started working partially but it's unusable , can't get location can't press back button
Then I restarted and Android Wear app and play services keep crashing but maps works partially
I uninstalled all of them.

seedaripper

Sep 24, 2014
Bristol
Has this thread died?? i'm seriously considering buying this watch, but it's not really had the same kind of enthusiasm as other smartwatches? (say like the K8 etc)
has anybody managed to get google+ or playstore etc to work? it is based on android 5.1 so i'm surprised some of the great coders/hackers on here haven't sorted anything out yet??anybody know of any other threads/forums with links??
Cheers
See

dbpaddler

Oct 19, 2009
Philly
Has this thread died?? i'm seriously considering buying this watch, but it's not really had the same kind of enthusiasm as other smartwatches? (say like the K8 etc)
has anybody managed to get google+ or playstore etc to work? it is based on android 5.1 so i'm surprised some of the great coders/hackers on here haven't sorted anything out yet??anybody know of any other threads/forums with links??
Cheers
See

I'd be interested too. Have been on a quest to find a good watch for running, paddling and such with BT music. Returned the Amazfit mostly because I hate the design. Trying a Gear S2 Classic now and the battery is just horrible (think I got a lemon or the new update really needs to settle in). My SW3 no longer wants to transfer music and it just doesn't fit well. Would love to see a SW4. And just not a fan of the TomTom Sparks. Sad it's so difficult to find something to easily replace the old MotoActv.

Briadark

Aug 11, 2013
Nigtevecht
Heya!

So as the title states, is/will it be possible to port Android Wear (maybe even Wear 2) over to the Ticwatch 2? Since the watch runs Ticwear OS which is based on Android we should have all the blobs/drivers available to run the same Android Wear version on the watch itself or am I wrong here?

Thanks already!

There is a new version now; http://kck.st/2h2OqGj

With Android Wear 2.0

Sascha1976

Jan 7, 2016
Hi, I had contact to Mobvoi some days before via Kickstarter about having AndroidWear 2 on the ticwatch 2...This is what they answered :"We are actively trying to explore the future of Ticwatch 2 and AW. but at this moment we can promise"... Keep Fingers crossed, that it will work some day... :angel:

Reactions: XwolfrateX

XwolfrateX

Aug 13, 2017
Hi, I had contact to Mobvoi some days before via Kickstarter about having AndroidWear 2 on the ticwatch 2...This is what they answered :"We are actively trying to explore the future of Ticwatch 2 and AW. but at this moment we can promise"... Keep Fingers crossed, that it will work some day... :angel:

Hello Salvo, thank you for your big order. Currently, we are working on moving Ticwatch 2 to android wear but we still need an approvement from Google, please kindly wait for the update in patience.

dbpaddler

Oct 19, 2009
Philly
Hello Salvo, thank you for your big order. Currently, we are working on moving Ticwatch 2 to android wear but we still need an approvement from Google, please kindly wait for the update in patience.
Stupid question... Is there a particular reason the Black S watch has the bright green numbers? Not really keen on my watch looking like a toy on my wrist. Wouldn't white have been a better and cleaner choice? Just because we want a more sporty watch for activities, doesn't mean we want it to scream cheap plastic watch from across the room.

Also, why not go with a transflective screen and differentiate yourselves from other androidwear watches so you can actually offer true multi day battery life?

The Sony SW3 is defunct with no SW4 seemingly in the works. The Amazfit Pace has it and sells very well with battery life being a feature. And then you have the likes of Garmin with its new Vivoactive 3 coming out which can also detract from your potential sales. In a world where manufacturers seem more concerned about making things thinner and disregarding many users want and need for something that lasts more than a day, why not stand out and actually give it to them?

Just a thought.

motajam

Nov 6, 2011
Tavda
all the good day, But the new Express & Sport models have AW2.0, maybe it will be possible to port out the firmware to ticwatch 2?

Moro1986

Jan 28, 2017
Hi guys,

Take a look at these pictures...they come from the FB group "ticwatch 2 global launch". I can't post the link because of my few posts.

viewer

chickenvn

Apr 27, 2011
Heya!

So as the title states, is/will it be possible to port Android Wear (maybe even Wear 2) over to the Ticwatch 2? Since the watch runs Ticwear OS which is based on Android we should have all the blobs/drivers available to run the same Android Wear version on the watch itself or am I wrong here?

Thanks already!

are you looking for this ????
link youtube youtu.be/_OgORpv86nQ

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Activate developer mode to sync wear apps

Here's what an avid user from the FB Ticwatch 2 group found out: In the ticwear app, tap on the ticwear app's version number to activate developer mode. In "advanced settings" activate the "1024" option and then sync the apps. This also causes all wear apps to sync to the watch. Note that any apps that require a connection to the phone to sync data will not work properly. An example of a working app is Task Manager For Android Wear. Let's see what else we can discover!
    Heya!

Thanks already!
    Hi all, I got my Ticwatch 2 today and I'm also interested in the possibilities. Anyone?
    I have an onyx. I really love this watch but android wear would be more powerful -> native language, more apps etc.

Please! Make it happen