All Calls Identified as "Private Number"

Search This thread

TurboFool

Jun 22, 2007
Culver City
I recently moved to a Wear24 from a ZenWatch 3 (sadly a MASSIVE improvement in every way besides appearance), but suddenly all my incoming call notifications on the watch display as Private Number. They show up fine on the phone, and I feel confident that when I initially setup the watch they were showing up properly, but now I just get no way to identify the caller on the watch.

Any tips on something obvious I might be missing besides a full reset?

Specifics, if needed:

1. Wear24, unrooted stock, fully up to date on 2.0.
2. Pixel 2 XL running Android P Beta 2/DP3

curtis8523

Sep 22, 2009
Guthrie, OK
I am seeing this as well with asus zenwatch 2. I went so far as to reset the watch and set it back up with the same result. I wonder if it has to do with permissions. i have checked to make sure the wear app has all the proper permissions but still "Private Number" shows

sanders1

Mar 17, 2013
Leeds
I've got a ART5005 and this is doing my head in. I was using a SW3 with no issues and still no issues. Are people on the Android P beta? Might sync it with another phone to see if I get the same results.

pattyjay

Dec 8, 2014
Sydney
same issue with pixel 2 xl and ticwatch e. phone app on watch will display 'name of contact' missed call but private call whilst ringing.

TurboFool

Jun 22, 2007
Culver City
FYI, yesterday after a reboot of my phone my watch suddenly wanted to pair again and failed. The reconnect function in the Wear OS app wouldn't work. I eventually restarted both devices, opened Wear OS again, hit reconnect, repaired successfully, and then the Wear OS app asked me if I wanted to allow the watch to make and manage calls. I answered yes, and my Caller ID on the watch has worked perfectly since.

JagXK8

Jan 14, 2007
Well looking at your comment, i went and opened Watch OS app and i had the same prompt about allow the watch to answer/reject calls. I hit allow and now it's working