FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][18.01.2017] StickMount v3.50 [ROOT]

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,015

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 19th December 2011, 01:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th September 2017, 10:24 PM |#1361  
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 919

More
Flashfire made stickmount stop working!

Nexus 9 - Lineage OS 14.1 (7.1.2) - SuperSU v2.82-SR3 (not SBIN mode).

After using Flashfire to backup my device, I can no longer access USB storage (with stickmount), as others report a zero size file in UsbStorage location. Solid Explorer and another file explorer would not give access. Tried other sticks with same problem.

Drives can be still access with inbuilt OTG support, Flashfire, TiBu and TWRP all see the drives.

I also downgraded my vendor image (around the same time), because I was using the latest, but rom required the prior version.

Tried various solution of wiping cache of the apps and the device itself.

Any solution available?

Edit: - Found a solution for CM14/LOS14.1 doesn't resolve the stickmount issue. But make the need for it redundant!

CM13/CM14 USB OTG mount problem fix

In a terminal: -
Code:
su 
sm set-force-adoptable true
The Following User Says Thank You to corkiejp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift corkiejp Ad-Free

2nd October 2017, 05:04 PM |#1362  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Nexus Player Android 8.0 issue
Also noting a bug with the Nexus Player on Android 8.0.
StickMount 3.5 looks to mount the drive but I can't access anything. The Drive is 0 Mb in size and is inaccessible.
The Following User Says Thank You to sldier11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sldier11 Ad-Free
2nd October 2017, 09:24 PM |#1363  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 83

More
money for those who make an application, abandon it and make new/another, these being robberies. I squeeze money from people. xda supports more than half such people, otherwise would they stand up if they were not suckers?
7th October 2017, 10:49 PM |#1364  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corkiejp

Nexus 9 - Lineage OS 14.1 (7.1.2) - SuperSU v2.82-SR3 (not SBIN mode).

After using Flashfire to backup my device, I can no longer access USB storage (with stickmount), as others report a zero size file in UsbStorage location. Solid Explorer and another file explorer would not give access. Tried other sticks with same problem.

Drives can be still access with inbuilt OTG support, Flashfire, TiBu and TWRP all see the drives.

I also downgraded my vendor image (around the same time), because I was using the latest, but rom required the prior version.

Tried various solution of wiping cache of the apps and the device itself.

Any solution available?

Edit: - Found a solution for CM14/LOS14.1 doesn't resolve the stickmount issue. But make the need for it redundant!

CM13/CM14 USB OTG mount problem fix

In a terminal: -

I can confirm that this works quite well on RR 5.8.5. I am a happy man now after months searching for a fix for this problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Cyrus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr_Cyrus Ad-Free
9th October 2017, 11:46 AM |#1365  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACiDxCHRiST

I have a bug to report in StickMount v3.50 on Android O Developer Preview 4.

When I insert the removable media, everything appears to work correctly (Toast notification, Regular Notification with UNMOUNT and OPTIONS buttons), but when I navigate to /storage/emulated/0/usbStorage the partition label shows up as a 0 byte file instead of a directory. I used Solid Explorer and the default Android Files app. There are 3 symlinks in /mnt all 0 byte files. The only place I can access the removable media data is at /data/media/0/usbStorage, but I can't open any files from that directory with any app other than Solid Explorer. Unmounting appears to work correctly (Toast Notification, Regular Notification disappears, and all the mounts and symlinks disappear)

Device: Nexus 6P
Android: v8.0.0 Developer Preview 4 (OPP4.170623.014)
Kernel: ElementalX v5.01
SuperSU: v2.82 (Unfortunately, I can't try with v2.82-SR1 as my Nexus 6P bogs down and then becomes unresponsive shortly after boot with that version on DP4)
StickMount: v3.50

Same here. Nexus 5x Android 8.0. Found another app in Play Store (called USB plugin for total commander or something I don't remember) can do the job but it won't create a dir so still I can't operate from file manager. I don't know what difference were made from previous Android versions to 8, but I guess maybe this classic and must-have app should do an update.
9th December 2017, 05:53 AM |#1366  
Thanks Meter: 565

Donate to Me
More
Can't use this app in Note8. Mounts the internal UFS to sda21 and only empty dirs in mounting directory. Now the mounted notification won't go again even clicking on clean up won't do anything. Note 8 with Ironman rom 1.10 and Ironman kernel 1.20.

Logs after clicking clean up button:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1111...w?usp=drivesdk

Photo of the mounted partitions:

Enviado do meu SM-N950F atrav├ęs de Tapatalk
9th December 2017, 04:19 PM |#1367  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sldier11

Also noting a bug with the Nexus Player on Android 8.0.
StickMount 3.5 looks to mount the drive but I can't access anything. The Drive is 0 Mb in size and is inaccessible.

I used to use StickMount for NTFS file storage.
I reformatted my HDD to FAT32 using a free utility and now Android 6 through 8 will natively mount the drive without root or the need of 3rd party apps. Plus it mounts faster and with less issues.
25th December 2017, 05:22 AM |#1368  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
need help
seems since android 5 is not easy mount usb sticky with ext4 fs , I found one workaround [1], I'd like to know if it is possible analyse better and syickmount does to mount became visible to android apps thanks

https://android.stackexchange.com/qu.../188403#188403
3rd January 2018, 09:16 AM |#1369  
Thanks Meter: 565

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joluke

Can't use this app in Note8. Mounts the internal UFS to sda21 and only empty dirs in mounting directory. Now the mounted notification won't go again even clicking on clean up won't do anything. Note 8 with Ironman rom 1.10 and Ironman kernel 1.20.

Logs after clicking clean up button:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1111...w?usp=drivesdk

Photo of the mounted partitions:

Enviado do meu SM-N950F atrav├ęs de Tapatalk

@Chainfire ? Did you abandon this project?
3rd January 2018, 10:27 PM |#1370  
Thanks Meter: 614

More
No, he's currently on a break after 10 years of developing. It's all well posted on his g+ and these boards.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk
15th January 2018, 01:46 PM |#1371  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Automatically mount and dismount USB sticks on various devices like the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10. The Nexus 4 is not supported - this is an issue with the device, not with StickMount !

!!! REQUIRES ROOT !!!

Various Nexus and "stock Android" devices do not automatically "mount" mass storage devices (such as USB sticks). StickMount has been made to solve this problem, and give you access to the files on your USB connected storage from all your apps.

StickMount is known to work on many devices, but is built only with Nexus devices in mind.

Once StickMount is installed and you connect a USB stick with a USB host / OTG cable, the device will show you a popup if you want to open StickMount. It is advised to tell the device that you want to do this by default.

If you have just installed StickMount and you already had a USB stick connected, you must manually launch the program, or disconnect/reconnect the USB stick for StickMount to start working.

Mass storage devices are mounted to /sdcard/usbStorage/xxxx/.

(Pro) Kill apps preventing unmount

Sometimes an app has a file in use located on the USB device, and won't let go of it. This can prevent StickMount from unmounting the USB device. It will seem like the device stays connected (this is harmless). StickMount Pro provides an option that attempts to kill (terminate) all the apps that are preventing the unmount from succeeding.

(Pro) Media scan

StickMount Pro supports triggering the media scanner on each (un)mount action. This will automatically make the files on your USB device available in apps like Gallery and Music. Please note that the media scanner is not a visible process on all Android devices - it might actually work silently in the background without any visual cues. It may take a minute for your files to show up, so don't panic if they don't show immediately.

Even if you have this option enabled, you can prevent folders from being scanned by placing an empty file called .nomedia in that folder. If you put it in the root of the USB device, the entire device will not be scanned.

(Pro) Mount as partition label

Instead of using the block device name (sda1, sda2, sdb1, etc) for the partition, use the partition label as mount name. If the label is not available, fall back to the partition uuid (unique id). Only if that is not available either, use the block device name as mount.

This helps to keep your files in the same and easily identifiable place!

(Pro) Create symbolic links

Create symbolic links in /mnt and /storage to the actual mounts in /sdcard/usbStorage/, handy with some file managers and some apps that auto-detect storage locations.

Filesystem support

The filesystems supported depends on your device firmware. On most devices, at least vfat/fat/fat32 and ext2/3/4 are supported. On the latest Android versions, ntfs is also supported in read-only mode. Some devices also support exfat out the box, but most do not.

StickMount can utilize the ntfs-3g and mount.exfat-fuse binaries to add support for ntfs (untested) and exfat, but these are not included. If you place the ntfs-3g or mount.exfat-fuse files in the root of your internal storage ( /sdcard ), StickMount will automatically use them.

You can find the needed files here:
ntfs-3g
mount.exfat-fuse

Troubleshooting

For some users, the app appears not to work, while in fact it is the device itself or the cable not working. One OTG cable is not the other OTG cable. If you have a USB stick with a light on it, it should light up when you connect it to the Galaxy Nexus using your OTG cable. If it does not, either your cable or your Nexus is faulty. 99 out of 100 times it is going to be your cable. That the cable works fine with another device does not mean anything! Cables known to work on a one devices may not work on another device.

SD card unmounting: If your SD card unmounts when unmounting a USB device, you have a bug in your kernel. This is not a bug in StickMount !

Download

StickMount

StickMount Pro (add-on, requires the free StickMount app)

Can you add the function to allow users to change the mounted directory of the HDD.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)