FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.0+][Material] Easy Lock - Double tap status bar/nav bar to sleep

329 posts
Thanks Meter: 279

Post Reply Email Thread
Easy Lock
Double tap status bar/nav bar/lockscreen/notification shade to quickly put your device to sleep!
App icon
  • Especially useful in devices where power button is hard to reach
  • Often faster and easier than using the power button
  • Reduce the wear and tear of power button
_
Requirements
  • Android 4.0 (ICS) or higher
  • NO root required

_
Screenshots

_
Downloads
http://bit.ly/1Rc0xe7
All features of the app are available for free, without any ads. (The in-app purchase inside the app will not work as the app has been removed from play store)

Please do not mirror without permission. Link to this thread or play store page if you want to share this app elsewhere. So that users will know where to check for updates and get support from.

Please note: Hopefully it won't come to this, but just in case, to uninstall the app, you'll have to deactivate device admin permission first (Settings -> Security -> Device Admin -> Easy Lock).[/SIZE]
_
Permissions explained
  • Admin permission is required to turn of the screen and put the phone to sleep
  • Lollipop smart lock is not supported by Device Admin. It's an Android system limitation. However, smart lock is supported by Easy Lock if you have root access. If you see a prompt for root access, this is what that's for.
  • Draw over other apps permission is required to detect double taps.
  • App Usage Statistics (in Lollipop and above) is required if you enable the option 'Try to avoid soft key presses'. This permission will be requested only if you enable this option.
_
Source code
Source code is distributed under Apache v2 license. Source repository: https://github.com/aravindsagar/EasyLock

_
Developed by
Aravind Sagar
Find me in G+
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to aravindsagar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aravindsagar Ad-Free

10th October 2015, 09:42 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Champaign, IL

More
Update v1.1
  • Added option to avoid lock screen touches
  • Minor bug fixes

Update is currently rolling out in Google Play.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aravindsagar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aravindsagar Ad-Free
25th October 2015, 09:03 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Champaign, IL

More
Update to Easy Lock

v1.3
- Fixed a bug which causes the app to request admin permissions even when it was already granted.

Update is available in Google Play Store.

I had added an option to enable double-tap anywhere to lock the screen. I'm sure it'll be a nuisance for most people, since it'll get activated while typing, double tap to zoom photos etc, but there were some requests for it. However, that update was rejected by Play Store. Hence I've disabled that feature in the play store version of the app. If anyone is interested in the above mentioned feature, I can upload an apk having double tap anywhere to lock functionality.
The Following User Says Thank You to aravindsagar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aravindsagar Ad-Free
23rd January 2016, 03:01 PM |#4  
Flag Kulgam
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Not available in Google play, can u please give me the download link, i love this app
25th January 2016, 08:07 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Champaign, IL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wani Aamir

Not available in Google play, can u please give me the download link, i love this app

Unfortunately the app has been removed from the Play Store because it interacts too much with System UI. I'll upload the apk here by tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to aravindsagar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aravindsagar Ad-Free
29th January 2016, 09:33 PM |#6  
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindsagar

Unfortunately the app has been removed from the Play Store because it interacts too much with System UI. I'll upload the apk here by tomorrow.

Could you upload apk already? thanks!
6th February 2016, 07:06 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Champaign, IL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00471

Could you upload apk already? thanks!

Sorry it took so long, I was away from my system. OP has been updated with a download link.
6th February 2016, 11:58 AM |#8  
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindsagar

Sorry it took so long, I was away from my system. OP has been updated with a download link.

No problem and thanks, anyway the double tap on softkey to sleep is big problem, even the function to prevent it doesnt work, good luck

Odoslané z HUAWEI GRA-L09 pomocou Tapatalku
13th October 2016, 11:46 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Amazing work!
I've traditionally always rooted my android devices, but with marshmallow I'm trying to keep them stock for the security/stability benefits. My new Huawei Honor 8 didn't have a double tap to sleep feature built in, and with no root I couldn't use gravitybox to get it. I also couldn't find anything satisfactory in the app store, as I just wanted something that would make the device sleep, but not wake up (my phone wakes up by itself as soon as you touch the fingerprint scanner). The V1.2 of this app works perfectly! I lowered the double tap to 150ms, which seems to be about as fast as I can comfortably double tap the status bar/nav bar, but is faster than I would normally mash the back button, removing the need for ignoring the nav buttons. Plus it seems to take no more than 40mb of ram, with it averaging more about 25mb, which is great. Luckily for me, Huawei's EMUI implementation of android prevents your app from interfering with the fingerprint scanner, even without root. I tested your app on my galaxy tab s2 (also running android 6.0.1) and as expected, using it to sleep the device interfered with the fingerprint scanner, but not so on this great little Huawei device (I just had it on my tablet for testing, it already turns itself on/off with its flip cover). I can understand why Google removed it from the play store (at anything over 250ms it's easily to accidentally trigger with the back button) but I'm glad I found it. I've never actually had a button wear out or break on me because I upgrade phones too often, but it still feels nice to be able to turn my phone on and off without any buttons. Great work!

Edit: it's really too bad that the donate button doesn't work. Do you have any other apps in the play store that I could buy/donate to support you?
14th October 2016, 09:04 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,063

Donate to Me
More
Wow, thanks for the app! Working great on my S7 edge (unrooted).
23rd October 2016, 06:25 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Just tried it on my pixel xl works great but the only gripe I have is that when it locks the phone I can't use my fingerprint reader to open it after which is making me not use it anymore because it's so much faster to use the fingerprint scanner. If that's fixed I'll definitely be using it.
Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)