Go ahead and give it a try!
To the world, I proudly present my first ever Android app
• So what does it do?
Lets the user select kernel specific "charging triggers" for the device's LED which will make it light up when plugged in depending on the specific "charging triggers"
• Why this app?
Well all of these triggers can be set from the command line, but I found it to be very cumbersome and tedious. Motivated by my laziness, I created this app. Although it was intended for the Moto G, I discovered that it would also work on Moto X, E and Nexus 6 too, theoretically on any device which has a "charging" LED.• Features:
- Clean and simple UI (I have tried my best to make it Material Design compliant)
- Brightness Slider: Control your 'charging' LED's brightness while charging, if your device supports it. Currently works only on Moto X and Nexus 6.
- Set On Boot [PRO only] : Automatically sets the last chosen trigger on a reboot, since the values are reset each time the kernel restarts. Available in Pro version only.
- LED Color [PRO only] NEW : Choose between 3 LED colors if your device supports it (Nexus 6, Moto X, Droid Ultra). Available in Pro version only. (Read NOTE below)
- Available triggers: (You may not see all in your device)
- While Charging
- While Charging through Adapter
- Battery Full
- While Charging or Battery Full
- While Charging (Blnking) or Battery Full
- While connected to USB
- When Display is on
- On Internal Storage I/O Activity
- On External Storage I/O Activity
- When flashlight (rear LED) is on
- When camera flash (rear LED) is on
- When Bluetooth is enabled
- Always on
- Grant Root access on first run
- Enable the Master Switch
- Select a trigger and optionally choose brightness.
- Plug in your charger and see the magic
There are different triggers for different devices, so try experimenting
• Screenshots: (from Pro Version) (Screenshots are outdated; will update soon. Till then I recommend viewing them on Play Store itself)
- This will 'enable' the hidden LED on your Moto X/Nexus 6. This app cannot set it to be used for notifications; it can only use it as a charging indicator.
- The Brightness slider will not work on devices where there's a kernel limitation on setting the brightness- specifically the Moto G and Moto E.
- Moto G and Moto X in this whole post refer to 2013 models only, I have not tested on 2014 models.
- The app is tested and confirmed working on Nexus 6, Moto G, E, X and Droid Ultra/MAXX. However, it may also work on a Motorola phone other than the above, so give it a try, can't hurt
- The newly added LED Color implementation is still in development and is not perfect, so you may encounter bugs. If so, kindly let me know. Thanks!
- Free Version: The APK is attached at the bottom of this post, but I recommend to download from Google Play to get automatic updates
- Pro Version: If you like my work and wish to support me, please get LED Control Pro, which unlocks the Set On Boot feature too.
P.S: Since I'm utterly new to Android/Java programming this app took me several hours spanned over several weeks to build. But it was an awesome experience and I had a heck of a time coding it.• Reporting Compatibility: If this app works on your device, and its not among the ones mentioned above, please reply to this thread with your device's details or send me a PM.
I look forward to making more apps in 2015.
• Source: This app is open source too! Grab it on Github here. Feel free to take a look and suggest fixes to imperfections, if any.
This app has the potential of blocking your notification LED if you use a Moto G/ Moto E (a separate LED blinks just beside the dedicated charging LED but you might not notice it).
Please be aware that I (KDB223), nor XDA nor anyone but you yourself are responsible for the consequences of you missing an important notification due to this app.
• Credits :