FORUMS

[APP][BETA][ROOT][9+] Cloverplay - on screen controls for Stadia and xCloud

78 posts
Thanks Meter: 118

Post Reply Email Thread
NOTE: If you saw like three of these posted, XDA DevDB kept giving me 504s but posting this anyway. Please ignore them.

Introduction
Quote:

Cloverplay lets you play Stadia and xCloud games on Android using on-screen touch controls.

Images
Quote:

Installation instructions
Quote:

Please see the website for installation information.

Download
Changelog
Quote:

Code:
Current changelog: 2020-05-01 (v0.3)
- More customization options.
- Make the APKs smaller.
- Add crash reporting via Sentry.
Previous versions:

Code:
2020-04-20 (v0.2)
- The ABXY button size and spacing is now customizable.
- Fixed some weird spacing issues & bugs with checking for root access.

2020-04-15
Initial version.

FAQ
Quote:

How does this compare to TouchStadia?
TouchStadia advantages compared to Cloverplay:
- Works on any device. (You can use Xtadia on Android to make Stadia run on non-approved devices,
but Xposed is needed for that to work.)
- No root access required.
- Can be combined with Stadia+ if you use a browser with extension support (e.g. Yandex).
- Supports custom control layouts.
Cloverplay advantages compared to TouchStadia:
- Allows you to use the official app (this tends to yield slightly better performance IME).
- Works with xCloud.
- Significantly easier to use (no copying scripts or custom extensions required).
- Joysticks are visible without incurring extra lag.
- Has support for the Stadia-specific assistant and screenshot buttons.

XDA:DevDB Information
Cloverplay, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
refi64
Source Code: https://github.com/refi64/cloverplay

Version Information

Created 2020-04-15
Last Updated 2020-05-01
The Following User Says Thank You to refi64 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift refi64 Ad-Free
15th April 2020, 10:52 PM |#2  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
15th April 2020, 10:52 PM |#3  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
16th April 2020, 06:11 AM |#4  
Editor in Chief
Thanks Meter: 2,055

More
"This is pretty clearly an abuse of the accessibility services, so the app would most likely be rejected or taken down."

FYI, Google once threatened to remove apps that misuse Accessibility Services (see: https://www.xda-developers.com/googl...es-play-store/) but they never actually went through with it. AFAIK, no app has actually been removed for misusing Accessibility Services so far.

Also, are you using root to send input KeyEvents? If so, I think you can consider running the app using ADB privileges so you wouldn't need root.
@Quinny899's DarQ app https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-dark-t3944356 does this
16th April 2020, 04:26 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I can't pay using paypal or bitcoin. Is there any other alternative? Any other app store?
17th April 2020, 02:07 AM |#6  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MishaalRahman

"This is pretty clearly an abuse of the accessibility services, so the app would most likely be rejected or taken down."

FYI, Google once threatened to remove apps that misuse Accessibility Services (see: https://www.xda-developers.com/googl...es-play-store/) but they never actually went through with it. AFAIK, no app has actually been removed for misusing Accessibility Services so far.

Also, are you using root to send input KeyEvents? If so, I think you can consider running the app using ADB privileges so you wouldn't need root.
@Quinny899's DarQ app https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-dark-t3944356 does this

Hmm thanks for the info, I decided to submit it and see what happens.

Also, no, root is used to set up a virtual joystick via the uinput APIs. From what I can tell, the only other way to get Stadia to think its controller is connected would be Xposed to hijack the APIs that trigger on controller connection / removal, which...would be far messier!
The Following User Says Thank You to refi64 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift refi64 Ad-Free
17th April 2020, 02:08 AM |#7  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blablamukul

I can't pay using paypal or bitcoin. Is there any other alternative? Any other app store?

I have submitted a version for Google Play; it'll take a few days to be released. In the mean time, I can send you an extended, 14-day trial, thus by the end of the period the Google Play Store version should be available.
19th April 2020, 05:32 PM |#8  
Sheffield|Chennai
Thanks Meter: 196

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by refi64

I have submitted a version for Google Play; it'll take a few days to be released. In the mean time, I can send you an extended, 14-day trial, thus by the end of the period the Google Play Store version should be available.

@refi64 Would be so great if you send me that trial too, cause I could only pay by card and xda labs does not take cards.
21st April 2020, 01:47 AM |#9  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrovantilist

@refi64 Would be so great if you send me that trial too, cause I could only pay by card and xda labs does not take cards.

Sent.
21st April 2020, 01:54 AM |#10  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Cloverplay 0.2 has been released! The addition is that you can now edit the size of the ABXY buttons & change their spacing. Outside of that, there were some misc bugs fixed w/ root access checks & padding.
30th April 2020, 04:46 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi there. I bought the APP but had to ask for a refund. The APP keeps on crashing. Is there a way to fix it? I have android 10 magisk root, rog 2. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)