FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Nov-04-16, 4.4.4, v1.8.0] LeapDroid - Fastest Android Emulator & Game Player for PC

920 posts
Thanks Meter: 479
 
By huisinro, Senior Member on 23rd June 2016, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st July 2016, 07:27 PM |#101  
OP Senior Member
Flag Silicon Valley, California
Thanks Meter: 479
 
More
We just released a new build, version 1.1, the main feature is that now we translate all Android GLES calls into Windows DirectX calls. DirectX is much better implemented then OpenGL.
If somehow not working with this new mode, you can use this command to use the opengl mode:

LeapdroidVM.exe -vfiber -opengl -s vm1
The Following User Says Thank You to huisinro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huisinro Ad-Free
 
 
1st July 2016, 08:50 PM |#102  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
anything else changed/fixed/implemented?
1st July 2016, 08:55 PM |#103  
OP Senior Member
Flag Silicon Valley, California
Thanks Meter: 479
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImageCraft

anything else changed/fixed/implemented?

Fixed some installer issues, support more games, no audio fixes.
1st July 2016, 08:57 PM |#104  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
i forgot to say the installer link on your 1st post is down. i downloaded from the homepage, hope it's the newest version
The Following User Says Thank You to ImageCraft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ImageCraft Ad-Free
1st July 2016, 09:10 PM |#105  
OP Senior Member
Flag Silicon Valley, California
Thanks Meter: 479
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImageCraft

i forgot to say the installer link on your 1st post is down. i downloaded from the homepage, hope it's the newest version

ahh, thanks for reminding me, as I forgot to update. It now points to the right link.
1st July 2016, 09:13 PM |#106  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
i just tried to install an apk by downloading it via leapdroid's browser and it said "can't open file" when the download have completed. i'm a little new to this adb install..how do i do it? @huisinro
1st July 2016, 09:41 PM |#107  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
I feel it a failure in download itself
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImageCraft

i just tried to install an apk by downloading it via leapdroid's browser and it said "can't open file" when the download have completed. i'm a little new to this adb install..how do i do it? @huisinro

@ImageCraft From your description, you were downloading "inside" LeapdroidVM and trying to click (to install). If it said "can't open file", per my experience, there was something wrong with the downloading itself.
What we talked about "adb install" staffs are another approach. It means you will need to download from browser of your Windows system (be it IE or Chrome/Firefox/Safari - Safari has Windows version?? Anyway). Once downloaded, you can use <adb install "your downloaded APK path"> to push and install the APK to LeapdroidVM.
For exmaple, adb install "C:\Users\Tony\Downloads\HelloWorld.apk". The adb utility is located at the same folder of LeapdroidVM, which typically is C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM.
1st July 2016, 10:05 PM |#108  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapdroid_suppport

@ImageCraft From your description, you were downloading "inside" LeapdroidVM and trying to click (to install). If it said "can't open file", per my experience, there was something wrong with the downloading itself.
What we talked about "adb install" staffs are another approach. It means you will need to download from browser of your Windows system (be it IE or Chrome/Firefox/Safari - Safari has Windows version?? Anyway). Once downloaded, you can use <adb install "your downloaded APK path"> to push and install the APK to LeapdroidVM.
For exmaple, adb install "C:\Users\Tony\Downloads\HelloWorld.apk". The adb utility is located at the same folder of LeapdroidVM, which typically is C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM.

below is what i'm getting while trying to adb install: [EDIT] thought that i have to stop it running to install and not the other way around, installed successfully.

Microsoft Windows [版本 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\SPeciaL>cd "\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM

C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM>adb install C:\Users\SPeciaL\Desktop\NEW-BlackOutU
pdater-v6.2.1.apk
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found
error: device not found
error: device not found
- waiting for device -
rm failed for /data/local/tmp/NEW-BlackOutUpdater-v6.2.1.apk, No such file or di
rectory

C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM>adb install C:\Users\SPeciaL\Desktop\NEW-BlackOutU
pdater-v6.2.1.apk
12684 KB/s (5845834 bytes in 0.450s)
WARNING: linker: libdvm.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and is a
security risk. Please fix.
Error: Could not access the Package Manager. Is the system running?

C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM>
C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM>
C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM>


---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

not sure if this is the place to report broken app but swiftkey's virtual keyboard is incompatible with the newest version. whenever you bring the keyboard up it says "Unfortunately, Swiftkey Keyboard has stopped." The old version is fine.
1st July 2016, 10:08 PM |#109  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Did you run other emulator simultaneously?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImageCraft

below is what i'm getting while trying to adb install: [EDIT] thought that i have to stop it running to install and not the other way around, installed successfully.

Microsoft Windows [版本 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\SPeciaL>cd "\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM

C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM>adb install C:\Users\SPeciaL\Desktop\NEW-BlackOutU
pdater-v6.2.1.apk
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found
error: device not found
error: device not found
- waiting for device -
rm failed for /data/local/tmp/NEW-BlackOutUpdater-v6.2.1.apk, No such file or di
rectory

C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM>adb install C:\Users\SPeciaL\Desktop\NEW-BlackOutU
pdater-v6.2.1.apk
12684 KB/s (5845834 bytes in 0.450s)
WARNING: linker: libdvm.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and is a
security risk. Please fix.
Error: Could not access the Package Manager. Is the system running?

C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM>
C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM>
C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM>

@ImageCraft Did you happen to run other emulator at the same time? adb is an utility shipped by google. It could be used with other emulators. We met the situation that BlueStacks run in backgroud and grabbed the resource of adb.

Could you please post the log located at <Documents\Leapdroid\VMs\vm1\Logs>? The naming convention is that the bigger number the older log (by previous run).

Could you please share the APK download link so that we could have a try too?
1st July 2016, 10:13 PM |#110  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapdroid_suppport

@ImageCraft Did you happen to run other emulator at the same time? adb is an utility shipped by google. It could be used with other emulators. We met the situation that BlueStacks run in backgroud and grabbed the resource of adb.

Could you please post the log located at <Documents\Leapdroid\VMs\vm1\Logs>? The naming convention is that the bigger number the older log (by previous run).

Could you please share the APK download link so that we could have a try too?

not sure which 1 is right so im uploading the newest 1

i'm also running memu, bluestacks uninstalled. im downloading the super swiftkey from this forum. it crashed whenever the virtual keyboard opens up as i mentioned above, i also tried the original swiftkey from google play store with the same result.
Attached Files
File Type: rar VBoxlog.rar - [Click for QR Code] (113.3 KB, 18 views)
1st July 2016, 10:23 PM |#111  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Definitely OK for reporting imcompatibilities
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImageCraft

i'm also running memu, bluestacks uninstalled. im downloading the super swiftkey from this forum. it crashed whenever the virtual keyboard opens up as i mentioned above, i also tried the original swiftkey from google play store with the same result.

@ImageCraft Could you please kindly let me know the output of "adb devices"?
If more than one device is shown, you will have to use "adb -s emulator-5554 install <APK>" to direct adb to the right location. Otherwise, I do not understand either the preferred choice of adb.
I tried SwiftKeyboard. Crashed. But at least it got installed and configured on our box.

-------------
The Directx-backed version we now shipped offers better performance. But now it cannot be compatible with APPs written to use GLESv1. We will look into the issues to determine the cause of the crash.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android emulator, android virtual machine, android vm, fastest android emulator, leapdroid

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes