[Nov-04-16, 4.4.4, v1.8.0] LeapDroid - Fastest Android Emulator & Game Player for PC

Search This thread

huisinro

dear huisinro
is possible use keyboard and mouse as usb on virtual environment like other android emulators ?
is it possible helper application like external keyboard pro and ... work perfectly.

on browser mouse scroll not working

Thank you for your reply
That is an interesting scenario. It can be done, however in order to minimize potential troubles, we actually don't ship the USB drivers with our current Leapdroid version, as a result, you won't be able to attach any USB devices for now. We will investigate what we can do.

Reactions: Ealireza

dcima

Mar 19, 2008
bologna
Almost perfect!

hi huisinro,

I'm trying your emulator and I'm very impressed of it.

Amazing fast, is the ideal companion of Google Android Studio.

But I've got some little troubles:

- English only setup: I've an italian keyboard (yes ... i'm italian!) and I haven't found a method to switch language. It's annoying for some "lost" characters (accented, at sign etc.).
> Is it possible update ROM to include foreign languages?

- Some apps don't start: Antutu and Quadrant for instance
> Have you a list of known issues with unsupported apps?

- Strange icons: on my desktop seems stretched (Intel G41 Express Chipset), on my laptop everything is ok.

https://goo.gl/photos/3Td17LjjsjVnoQBN8

Reactions: huisinro

cosote

Dec 10, 2015
Limit # of used CPU and define custom resolution

Hi there,
I've tested v1.0 of LeapDroid and I'm quite impressed. Very promising Android Emulator :)
I try to reduce # of CPU's used by LeapDroid (it always utilizes all 4) and would like to assign only one.
Also, I'd like to specify a custom Android Screen resolution and cannot work with the fixed given one.
How do I do that? Any "undocumented" command line parameters?

Cheers - Cosote.

Hi team, Ive have been getting a problem when i maximize to fullscreen. My display driver crashes and recovers instantly but leaves Leapdroid with a white screen (there is still audio).

I have a Dell studio 1747, the display driver is a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650. I am running Win 10.
This problem has only started after i installed the 1.1 version of Leapdroid. I am not sure if this is something I've done in VirtualBox settings or if this is a bug?

Thanks for your reply in advance

edit * it seems to only happen when a game is running (boom beach, Allies and Empires)

Last edited:

huisinro

hi huisinro,

- English only setup: I've an italian keyboard (yes ... i'm italian!) and I haven't found a method to switch language. It's annoying for some "lost" characters (accented, at sign etc.).

- Strange icons: on my desktop seems stretched (Intel G41 Express Chipset), on my laptop everything is ok.

Yes, we will put back those stripped languages in next releases. AnTuTu also fixed. The strange icons issue is new, and we will debug. Thanks,

Last edited:

huisinro

Hi there,
I've tested v1.0 of LeapDroid and I'm quite impressed. Very promising Android Emulator :)
I try to reduce # of CPU's used by LeapDroid (it always utilizes all 4) and would like to assign only one.
Also, I'd like to specify a custom Android Screen resolution and cannot work with the fixed given one.
How do I do that? Any "undocumented" command line parameters?

Cheers - Cosote.
As you already noted that you can open VirtualBox.exe to modify the VM settings. In order to prevent automatic reset, you can add an option "-novtcheck" to the leapdroid shortcut.

To use custom resolution, you can use options like:
"-w 1920 -h 1080", however there is a bug on input, once resolution changed thus way, mouse won't work. Our next release will have the fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: pierro78 and cosote

ImageCraft

Jun 23, 2016
fate grand order won't open since the app update. (seems happening to all emulator i've tried) hope to see possible solution/fix.

EternalNight

Jul 11, 2016
Guelph
@EternalNight In our newest installer (non-MSI version), this issue should be fixed. Could you please tell us whether you used old version of installer or a MSI installer?
We placed our engine typically under C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM and the android virtual machine data files under C:\Users\<User Name>\Documents\Leapdroid\VMs. The error message basically asks for removing that directory (by either deleting or renaming). Our new version of Installer will rename to Leapdroid_Bak automatically.

You're right, the MSI version have some problems. I just download the EXE version and it's all good so far. Thanks

huisinro

hi huisinro,

For the strange icons, I saw your screenshot, are you using a different launcher? It might be due to the display resolution.

provolinoo

Nov 19, 2010
Milano
This is due to historic reason. When we first started Leapdroid development, Kitkat was the primary Android version. In order to support a new android version, it will at least take 3 months of work for our team.

thanks for explaining :)

Can we expect an upgrade to MM soon? I tried your emulator and it runs pretty well but kitkat APIs are too old for my needs :(

Ravel74

Dec 29, 2015
Will be good if you can provide frameless fullscreen or at least window scaling to match the resolution. As of now, when you change the resolution in settings/display, the words become smaller but the window remains the same size.

jaymanangan

Oct 23, 2014
Hi, I've tried playing HIT (Heroes of Incredible Tales) using leapdroid but I get black screen, I can hear the game sound but no picture. Also tried playing Ragnarok War of Gods but i force close.. please help

huisinro

Will be good if you can provide frameless fullscreen or at least window scaling to match the resolution. As of now, when you change the resolution in settings/display, the words become smaller but the window remains the same size.
Our next release will have command line options to change the display resolution, and the window will be larger.

huisinro

please debug with the OpenGL mode, instead of the default DirectX mode.
Right click the Leapdroid VM1 shortcut on Desktop, select Properties, there you can add an extra "-opengl" option ( don't put quotes) Double click the shortcut to launch the VM, do you still see black screen?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Nov-04-16, 4.4.4, v1.8.0] LeapDroid - Fastest Android Emulator & Game Player for PC

logo60.png
    #1 Android Emulator by Android Authority
    http://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-emulators-for-pc-655308/
    Leapdroid Game Player is the Fastest Android Emulator and Virtual Machine in the world
    I am one of the first few guys that released Android vm back in 2010, and now funded by VC, we have put together a very strong team to further develop and improve the vm into a robust product, called LeapDroid, our first version has just released: http://www.leapdroid.com
    With LeapDroid, you can play Android games or any other Android Apps on Windows PC, in a very fast way using our unique LeapGL and Virt Fiber I/O technologies. It is highly compatible with a lot of games, and we will support GLES v3 soon.

Updated on Nov-04-2016:
    We (the whole team) are joining Google, and LeapDroid development is discontinued. Thanks for all of you that have been using our Leapdroid emulator
    !

Updated on Sep-26-2016, version 1.8.0.0 released:
    (1) Improve APK installation, path with spaces is now supported
    (2) Fix Little Big City 2
    (3) Bug Fixes

GitHub tracking issues:
    https://github.com/leapdroid-team/leapdroid/issues/

Media Coverages:

http://www.androidauthority.com/leapdroid-review-703665/
    http://androidcommunity.com/leapdro...astest-android-emulator-for-your-pc-20160711/

Features:
    (1) Android 4.4.4 image
    (2) x86 and ARM apps support
    (3) GLES 1.1 and GLES 2.0 support
    (4) Windows Direct X engine, in addition to host OpenGL
    (4) Host IME support
    (5) Key mapping
    (6) text copy and paste between android and host
    (7) Drag and drop apk installation
    (8) GPS support & seamless Pokemon Go support
    (9) Rooted out of the box, and adb remount support
    and many more

Upcoming Features:
    (1) Copy/Paste files between android and Windows host
    (2) Camera
    (3) Non VT performance improvement
    (5) OBS Streaming
    (5) GLES v3 support
    (6) Android 6 Marshmallow

Performances (Leapdroid simply beats all competitors, period!):
    Comparison.png

A quick update on Pokemon GO 0.37, we made some progress, but will take more time. Stay tuned!
    We just released a new version, 1.2.0, please download from our website, and re-install it (you will have to uninstall the existing version first).

Changes:
    (1) Add APK drag and drop install
    (2) Add support for custom resolutions using -w -h options
    (3) Fixed Antutu crashes on some PCs
    (4) Fixed Keyboard input bugs, e.g., Backspace, Capital letters, that may cause unable to login to google play
    (5) Add support for fullscreen mode
    (6) Display resizeable handles
    (7) Add more languages to Android
    (8) Fix a bug that causes no mouse input
    (9) Fix a bug that causes black screens on 32-bit PC
    (10) Other bug fixes in installer, etc.
    Updated on Aug-05-2016, version 1.4.0.0 released:
    (1) Multi-language support for keyboard
    (2) Pokemon Go compatibility fix
    (3) Heroes of Incredible Tales(HIT) fix
    (4) Pick a game and we will install it for you, go to our website and see tabs[Apps]
    (5) other bug fixes

Now Leapdroid is the only emulator that is compatible with the latest 0.31 Pokemon Go version, and you can install the app genuinely from the Google Play store.
    Updated on Aug-24-2016, version 1.5.0.0 released:
    (1) Pokemon Go: Auto-walk and different speed
    (2) Pokemon Go: Auto-catch pokemon
    (3) Allow user to customize the installation folder
    (4) other bug fixes