FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Nov-04-16, 4.4.4, v1.8.0] LeapDroid - Fastest Android Emulator & Game Player for PC

926 posts
Thanks Meter: 483

By huisinro, Senior Member on 23rd June 2016, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd July 2016, 05:42 PM |#121  
Flag Semarang
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huisinro

@Skcyte no problem, we should have sync-ed them up. Will do that in next release, MSI and exe installers should yield same results.

Got an update, it seems working when it first boot. But when I close and try to run it again, the same UUID problem occured. Tried to change the UUID manually in the .vbox file but I don't think it's working. Just want to point that out.

2nd July 2016, 07:43 PM |#122  
OP Senior Member
Flag Silicon Valley, California

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman0826

I subscribed to this thread, seems this emulator is very promising. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Btw, do you have plans to use Lollipop (5.1.1) or Marshmallow (6.0.1) for your DirectX Leapdroid?

Once drag and drop Apk installation is supported or other easy methods to install apk's and transfer obb files inside the Leapdroid. I'll use this instead of MeMu

Sent from my SHV-E210S using XDA-Developers mobile app

Apk drag and drop will be available in next release. As for android 5 or 6, it will take more time
2nd July 2016, 07:50 PM |#123  
Flag Shillong
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:

We don't support joystick input yet, will look into that in future release, won't be far into the future.

Ok cool

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA-Developers mobile app
3rd July 2016, 01:01 AM |#124  
OP Senior Member

More
Look like I need to provide a bit more explanations on our new DirectX features. By DirectX, we mean on Windows host, we translate all GLES (OpenGL) calls from the Android guest into host DirectX APIs, instead of Windows OpenGL functions. The reason is that Windows supports DirectX natively, but OpenGL is poorly implemented. This change won't affect the Android side, Android apps don't know how Windows host process those APIs, regardless of OpenGL or DirectX. This is mainly for performance gains and robustness.
The Following User Says Thank You to huisinro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huisinro Ad-Free
3rd July 2016, 06:06 AM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is there any way to edit the resolution?
Can you guys make it have 4K resolution {3840x2160} support?
3rd July 2016, 06:35 AM |#126  
Flag nasik
Thanks Meter: 19

More
"[QUOTE=huisinro;67457153]Leapdroid Logo

can i copy my game data from android phone to this emulator?? or i have to download whole game data again?
3rd July 2016, 06:36 AM |#127  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by user619

Is there any way to edit the resolution?
Can you guys make it have 4K resolution {3840x2160} support?

yes, you can change the resolution this way:

LeapdroidVM.exe -vfiber -w 3840 -h 2160 -s vm1

However, currently there is a bug on input, control may not work.
3rd July 2016, 06:45 AM |#128  
OP Senior Member

More
[QUOTE=ULTIMATESAM;67581729]"
Quote:

Leapdroid Logo

can i copy my game data from android phone to this emulator?? or i have to download whole game data again?

We have an internal Android app that can use to transfer app and data from phone to Leapdroid emulator, but this app is not ready yet. For now, you will have to do it from fresh, i.e., install the app from apk.
3rd July 2016, 07:15 AM |#129  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Hi any chance for the installer to properly support multi-user accounts on Windows (7 specifically) so that an option is given to for each user to have 1 or more VM's set up at install? All of the executable etc are available to all users by default and shortcuts are installed in the start menus off all users.

It's can be worked around but it's a pain. The instruction below gives vm2 to the other user account leaving vm1 available on the primary.

1) In the secondary user account create a new Linux 2.6 VM in VirtualBox.Exe. Do not create a hard disk. Call it vm2
2) Copy the vm2 folder from the install user account to the secondary user account, replacing files created in step 1.
3) Launch VirtualBox.Exe and note the scary error message re mismatched UIDs
4) Edit VirtualBox.xml to correct the UID mismatch.
5) Back in the primary user account in virtualbox.exe remove vm2.
3rd July 2016, 07:30 AM |#130  
OP Senior Member

More
@neu - smurph this should be easy, we have this by design. You just need to duplicate the Documents\Leapdroid folder to other user account, and then create a shortcut
The Following User Says Thank You to huisinro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huisinro Ad-Free
3rd July 2016, 09:06 AM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Hi,

Kingdom Rush Origins crashes in the current default DirectX Mode, works OK if LeapDroid is opened in OpenGL mode.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Quote:

@neu - smurph this should be easy, we have this by design. You just need to duplicate the Documents\Leapdroid folder to other user account, and then create a shortcut

Thanks - I only copied the VMs over initially rather than the whole folder. I can see where I went wrong now.
The Following User Says Thank You to neu - smurph For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neu - smurph Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android emulator, android virtual machine, android vm, fastest android emulator, leapdroid

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)