FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Nov-04-16, 4.4.4, v1.8.0] LeapDroid - Fastest Android Emulator & Game Player for PC

923 posts
Thanks Meter: 480

By huisinro, Senior Member on 24th June 2016, 12:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th June 2016, 08:53 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
would be nice if the installer says/ask where you're installing to instead of just installing. i also get an empty folder with unreadable symbol after its done installing that look like this C:\Users\SPeciaL\Desktop\ĸ‚⿝矨搦\Leapdroid\VM

can i delete it?
The Following User Says Thank You to ImageCraft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ImageCraft Ad-Free

25th June 2016, 09:01 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Silicon Valley, California

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImageCraft

would be nice if the installer says/ask where you're installing to instead of just installing. i also get an empty folder with unreadable symbol after its done installing that look like this C:\Users\SPeciaL\Desktop\ĸ‚⿝矨搦\Leapdroid\VM

can i delete it?

Yes, you can delete that weird folder.

Look like the bug is to do with self extracting, can you put the exe file to a folder that you have write permission?

We wil release a new version next week.
25th June 2016, 09:15 AM |#13  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huisinro

Yes, you can delete that weird folder.

Look like the bug is to do with self extracting, can you put the exe file to a folder that you have write permission?

We wil release a new version next week.

? the exe is on desktop and i believe i have write permission?. i checked the properties and all it's not "read only" if thats what you meant. besides the weird installation there's also sound lag and kind of felt like echo. the graphic also isn't as clear as bluestack (i used it before it always stuck initializing) and memu.
The Following User Says Thank You to ImageCraft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ImageCraft Ad-Free
25th June 2016, 09:27 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 649

More
1st
tried to find and remove all traces of LeapDroid: don't know whether was 100% successful.

2nd
ran installer again. Got error message

but the mentioned folder doesn't exist.

I gave up wasting my time with LeapDroid ...
The Following User Says Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jwoegerbauer Ad-Free
25th June 2016, 09:51 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Suggestion:
Please, I believe the user should always have the choice to avoid "installations", therefore, I'm asking for "Leapdroid-Portable" version.
Such version should always be released alongside the major Leapdroid releases.
When I say "Portable", I mean a self-contained directory with all the settings/things/other you need to run Leapdroid (so, your android emulator can become really portable....aka fully contained on your beloved USB-DataKey).
No weird directories spread on your disks, no infinite amount of obscure registry-keys, no problems when trying to uninstall/reinstall....
....just a directory, full of your stuff.

As jwoegerbauer pointed out, the uninstall process is always a sensitive matter.
What's easier than uninstalling just "deleting" a folder?
The Following User Says Thank You to rumbla For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rumbla Ad-Free
25th June 2016, 09:51 AM |#16  

More
some more experiments and it seems to be able to run apps that i couldn't on other emulators, fate grand order for example and also smoother despite sound issue (clash royal). i'd also like to hide sidebar if possible but nice stuff for first version!
25th June 2016, 10:27 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Report here:
leapdroid can't run seven knights games and vpn apps
also please add more features like install apk - config resolution - orientation change.
25th June 2016, 11:55 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Might want to move the shared folder default location to a more known place like MyDocuments or something. Couldn't find it anywhere so I had to check vm1.vbox and it turns out it was in "C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming\yiwanzhushou\share d". It's the best way to transfer apks and other files to the Android machine, so it should be in place where your average user can access it quickly without much thought.

Already comes rooted which is always a plus. Would be nice if you could customize WASD keymap, but it isn't a big deal right now.

I don't play that many FPS intensive games, but overall they do feel smooth. Sadly I couldn't get シノビナイトメア / Shinobi Nightmare (jp.co.gu3.samurai) and Tales of Link (com.bandainamcoent.tolink_ww) to work (game starts but there's a black screen and you can't do anything), but since MEmu and Nox can't run them as well I wasn't expecting this to do it, so far only BlueStacks has been capable of running them without issues in my machine.

Also this is just my personal opinion, but I don't think the emulator should come with preinstalled "game installers". Unless you're being paid to put them there, I don't see why some random crappy games must be forced down my throat when I have no interest in them. Needless to say the first thing I did when I saw them was to uninstall them. If I wanted the game, I'd go get it myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to Auora For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Auora Ad-Free
25th June 2016, 05:17 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Silicon Valley, California

More
Thanks for testing and those feedbacks. I hate installation issues too, and we will resolve them in next release. We take user feedbacks seriously.

These couple of weeks we have fixed more compatibility issues to cover more games, we will make sure all games reported here got supported in next few releases.

Please test more, and leave feedbacks. Appreciated!
The Following User Says Thank You to huisinro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huisinro Ad-Free
25th June 2016, 07:45 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
How to install my own apk
I have played Critical ops on your product, it runs smoothly, key mapping works perfect. But it seems I can only download games from google play store, I didn't find any button or settings with APK install.

BTW, your product boots so fast, less than 5 secs on my pc.
HyperLoop_WuWuWu
25th June 2016, 07:46 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer

1st
tried to find and remove all traces of LeapDroid: don't know whether was 100% successful.

2nd
ran installer again. Got error message

but the mentioned folder doesn't exist.

I gave up wasting my time with LeapDroid ...

I am sorry for the frustration you have been experiencing. We will fix the issue in our next release. But let me at least explain what happened.

1. The first installation seems to hang @ downloading page. That's a misleading text we will fix. Actually, the installer does not download anything more. It is just the progress bar has been given an initial text as downloading and will be changed to installing very soon. People should not be able to see this if everything goes smooth.
2. Can we know the full screen shot? Or do you remember when installer failed first time whether a prompt message window showed on Windows task bar? The reason why I am asking this is that the installer may wait for users to click "OK" on that prompt Window however if that prompt is not shown on top......
3. Our installer will place engine at C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM and place ROM at <My Documents>\Leapdroid\VMs. Both "C:\Program Files" and <My Documents> are just examples here since your Windows installation may place the folders in other locations. If something remains there, we ask for a clean up. In next release, we will strengthen that part trying to do the clean up for the user.

Again, I am very sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android emulator, android virtual machine, android vm, fastest android emulator, leapdroid

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)