FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Nov-04-16, 4.4.4, v1.8.0] LeapDroid - Fastest Android Emulator & Game Player for PC

920 posts
Thanks Meter: 478

By huisinro, Senior Member on 23rd June 2016, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
HyperLoop_WuWuWu
25th June 2016, 06:46 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer

1st
tried to find and remove all traces of LeapDroid: don't know whether was 100% successful.

2nd
ran installer again. Got error message

but the mentioned folder doesn't exist.

I gave up wasting my time with LeapDroid ...

I am sorry for the frustration you have been experiencing. We will fix the issue in our next release. But let me at least explain what happened.

1. The first installation seems to hang @ downloading page. That's a misleading text we will fix. Actually, the installer does not download anything more. It is just the progress bar has been given an initial text as downloading and will be changed to installing very soon. People should not be able to see this if everything goes smooth.
2. Can we know the full screen shot? Or do you remember when installer failed first time whether a prompt message window showed on Windows task bar? The reason why I am asking this is that the installer may wait for users to click "OK" on that prompt Window however if that prompt is not shown on top......
3. Our installer will place engine at C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM and place ROM at <My Documents>\Leapdroid\VMs. Both "C:\Program Files" and <My Documents> are just examples here since your Windows installation may place the folders in other locations. If something remains there, we ask for a clean up. In next release, we will strengthen that part trying to do the clean up for the user.

Again, I am very sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free

25th June 2016, 06:53 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
will update clear all data in the future? if so how do we make a backup?
25th June 2016, 07:29 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Silicon Valley, California

More
@ImageCraft, honestly speaking, we haven't thought of a good way for updating yet, so for the next few versions, the updated will clear all data. We are investigating about upgrading, such as OTA, but no final decision yet. Any suggestions are welcome.
25th June 2016, 07:31 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperLoop_WuWuWu

3. Our installer will place engine at C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM and place ROM at <My Documents>\Leapdroid\VMs. Both "C:\Program Files" and <My Documents> are just examples here since your Windows installation may place the folders in other locations. If something remains there, we ask for a clean up. In next release, we will strengthen that part trying to do the clean up for the user.

About this, would it be possible add a specific setting for those ROMs path?

Another vital feature, for me at least, is the ability to install/run the emulator WITHOUT admin privileges.
That's kinda mandatory for me

EDIT:
About "updates", I don't think it's a so sensitive problem, as long as there is a way to "backup" data/apps.
Imho, even uninstalling/reinstalling, with an option to keep data/app is good enough (that's one way to update BlueStacks, for example).
Another suggestion could be to keep the filesystems in separate locations.
The actual system ROM could be in the actual installation directory (choosen at install time), while data ROM (filesystem, vdi, vdmk, whatever that is) could be placed inside "<MyDocument>/etc/etc/" (having an option to decide this as well, wouldn't be so bad).
26th June 2016, 12:31 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbla

About this, would it be possible add a specific setting for those ROMs path?

Another vital feature, for me at least, is the ability to install/run the emulator WITHOUT admin privileges.
That's kinda mandatory for me

EDIT:
About "updates", I don't think it's a so sensitive problem, as long as there is a way to "backup" data/apps.
Imho, even uninstalling/reinstalling, with an option to keep data/app is good enough (that's one way to update BlueStacks, for example).
Another suggestion could be to keep the filesystems in separate locations.
The actual system ROM could be in the actual installation directory (choosen at install time), while data ROM (filesystem, vdi, vdmk, whatever that is) could be placed inside "<MyDocument>/etc/etc/" (having an option to decide this as well, wouldn't be so bad).

@ rumbla About admin rights, Leapdroid installations required admin rights, as it needs to install a kernel module. Once installed, you can run android apps without admin rights, i.e., you can launch and run Android games from any accounts.
26th June 2016, 02:35 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member

More
To install apk, you will have to use adb for now. We include adb binary inside the installation folder, i.e.,

cd "c:\proram files\leapdroid\vm"
adb install \path\yourapp.apk

We will add drag and drop soon
26th June 2016, 01:08 PM |#27  
Flag Semarang
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Wow, I'm literally installing all android emulator out there. And Memu is my best bet right now. I'm running on low end PC so... let see if this one is better.

Edit: I just tested it, it seems fast. I tested my PC using 3D Mark and got solid 60fps most of the time. But unfortunately antutu won't run at all, it just stopped working. Also tested some games I interested in (Brave Frontier and Phantom of The Kill) and it load to the main screen and then crashed to home. I don't really know the version/state of the emulator, but it seems promising. I'll keep an eye for this.

Edit2: I'm gonna take back what I said. I don't know the problem but now it's playable. And fast too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skcyte For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skcyte Ad-Free
26th June 2016, 04:19 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member

More
@Skcyte thanks for the feedbacks, our team has the depth to make leapdroid the best emulator in the world. We will test Antutu on more PCs to reproduce the crashes. Antutu works fine on our PCs.

We compared performances side by side to other emulators, and Leapdroid beats all others on the market.
26th June 2016, 05:12 PM |#29  
Flag Doncaster
Thanks Meter: 32

More
I just downloaded this and now have the message " The signature of LeapdroidVMInstallerFull.exe is corrupt or invalid." is it safe to install?
26th June 2016, 05:37 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member

More
Try to redownload it, it seems your download is incomplete.
26th June 2016, 06:46 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 609

More
Gave it a new chance. Again installation miserably failed.

The MSVCR100.DLL claimed to be missing is housed both in C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64. Hence it should be found by the installer.
The Following User Says Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jwoegerbauer Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android emulator, android virtual machine, android vm, fastest android emulator, leapdroid

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)