FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Nov-04-16, 4.4.4, v1.8.0] LeapDroid - Fastest Android Emulator & Game Player for PC

923 posts
Thanks Meter: 480

By huisinro, Senior Member on 24th June 2016, 12:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th July 2016, 04:01 AM |#501  
OP Senior Member
Flag Silicon Valley, California

More
Thanks for your insights, all are very good observations.

To change display resolution, you can add -w -h options to the shortcut target properties. i.e, -w 1920 -h 1080 will use 1920x1080 resolutions.

I've taken notes on your other suggestions, and we will definitely evaluate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemof

just wanted to write as one of the people learning about this super impressed so far.

things i've noticed so far, and a few thoughts.

• damn this thing's fast.
  • the splash seems like a placeholder. perhaps a nice hirez leapdroid to replace it?
  • lock the aspect ratio on resize. possibly have preset sizes (eg 100%, 125%, 150% etc).
  • can we set the emulated tablet's screen resolution on boot? eg get a native 1080p rez for instance.
  • an option for the toolbar to live inside the window not outside, and only show on hover after a second or so.
  • an option to remove the charging icon (can this be done via xposed modules?)
  • native mouse support, specifically scroll wheel support, as the first thing i found myself doing is scrolling rather than dragging
  • android 5+ support - i am particularly interested in leapdroid for apps like periscope, but that doesn't work on 4.4.

I'm very excited to see where this goes it feels great so far.

28th July 2016, 04:03 AM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huisinro

Google play services are included, but game services are not, and you need to
Install it.

I meant only the google play service and the play games app which are required to play COC.
28th July 2016, 04:55 AM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

It should automatically change the display size for portrait app, and should just work. For example, Pokemon Go works just fine and it is portrait only.

Is that not the case?

yes PokemonGo automatic change to portrait, but not TapTycoon..
28th July 2016, 05:05 AM |#504  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by .MP.

yes PokemonGo automatic change to portrait, but not TapTycoon..

You can run this command to force the change:

adb shell "wm size 640x800"

We have adb in Leapdroid installation folder, c:\program files\leapdroid\vm
28th July 2016, 05:40 AM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

It should work just fine.

that's good.I will give it a try.Hope Leapdroid support root, change model device for games and more.
28th July 2016, 05:48 AM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

You can run this command to force the change:

adb shell "wm size 640x800"

We have adb in Leapdroid installation folder, c:\program files\leapdroid\vm

yes thanks, i can use adb command for that..
but if i run it alongside bluestacks (first run), adb wm size command will change BS size..
my adb only recognize 1 emulator device..
28th July 2016, 06:06 AM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
is there a way to map the ESC key to be the back button instead of turning the screen off?
28th July 2016, 06:47 AM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I saw that Leapdroid was updated to 1.3, so I went to test it out. To follow up on my original post (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=170); The display issue with Final Fantasy Record Keeper seems to be completely fixed. I had no problem playing the game. The yellow sky/graphical issue is still there in Crusaders Quest. And finally, there is still an issue with the sound getting choppy, although it only seems to happen in certain games, such as Crusaders Quest. Some other games it seemed to be fine. Overall, this emulator seems great. I'm running it in my preferred resolution of 1600x900, and I've had absolutely no issues with crashing, and it always runs fast. So right now, for me, it's better than the other eight emulators I've tried. I'll be using it as my main emulator now, although I'm going to have to keep it muted while playing any game with the sound issue. Since the problem with Final Fantasy Record Keeper was fixed, I'm hopeful you will be able to fix the other issues fairly quickly. I'll be looking forward to it, and thanks for making a good emulator.
The Following User Says Thank You to AriaOfSorrow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AriaOfSorrow Ad-Free
28th July 2016, 07:16 AM |#509  
Flag Makati City
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Damn it's fast. But is it really necessary to connect via wifi while I am on LAN? I also think that there should be smartphone mode (not only tablet mode).
28th July 2016, 07:44 AM |#510  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by .MP.

yes thanks, i can use adb command for that..
but if i run it alongside bluestacks (first run), adb wm size command will change BS size..
my adb only recognize 1 emulator device..

For that you will have to close Bluestacks first, need to completely exit Bluestacks from the systray icon. Both emulators are using the same adb interfaces, so there are conflicts.
The Following User Says Thank You to huisinro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huisinro Ad-Free
28th July 2016, 07:46 AM |#511  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevils88

is there a way to map the ESC key to be the back button instead of turning the screen off?

Since there are other users ant esc key to do back button too, we will change the default mapping from power off to Back key in our next release.
The Following User Says Thank You to huisinro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huisinro Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android emulator, android virtual machine, android vm, fastest android emulator, leapdroid

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)