[APP] [4.1+] [UNOFFICIAL] APKMirror web app

Search This thread

Portgas D. Ace

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2014
Bergisches Land
Nexus 7
Google Pixel 6
Think you for welcoming me. I'll try to write in english.
I want to use apkmirror to update my system application in my "honour 6a" like the camera one. Please tell me other application to do this.
Think you.
From what I understand, you are not able to access the webpage through the apkmirror app. In case this doesn't work, you could try to use your web browser (Chrome or Firefox, for example) to access apkmirror.

We can try to solve the problem, but we need more information. What Android version does your device run? Is your device rooted? Do you use a firewall app?

ayush rao

Jul 5, 2015
Kuwait
From what I understand, you are not able to access the webpage through the apkmirror app. In case this doesn't work, you could try to use your web browser (Chrome or Firefox, for example) to access apkmirror.

We can try to solve the problem, but we need more information. What Android version does your device run? Is your device rooted? Do you use a firewall app?
Hi, you didn't quote me but I reported this problem in an above post. My device is the Honor 8 running 7.0 Nougat. My phone isn't rooted and doesn't run any firewall.

I've tried it on my wifi network as well as on my cellular network but the app displays that error everytime.
Is there any other information I can provide to help solve this issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180820-105240.png
    Screenshot_20180820-105240.png
    194.5 KB · Views: 282

Portgas D. Ace

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2014
Bergisches Land
Nexus 7
Google Pixel 6
Hi, you didn't quote me but I reported this problem in an above post. My device is the Honor 8 running 7.0 Nougat. My phone isn't rooted and doesn't run any firewall.

I've tried it on my wifi network as well as on my cellular network but the app displays that error everytime.
Is there any other information I can provide to help solve this issue?

So you are able to access apkmirror.com from your browser, but not from the app? What does the additional information say about why you have been blocked?

ayush rao

Jul 5, 2015
Kuwait
So you are able to access apkmirror.com from your browser, but not from the app? What does the additional information say about why you have been blocked?
I got it to work finally. I reinstalled the app like 3 times but it didn't help. Strangely when I forced stop the app and cleared its data the app started working.
Thanks!

Reactions: n0j0e

majikfox

Oct 25, 2010
So I made an APKMirror app. I couldn't find any app for this website so I thought I will make it myself.
Its just a simple webapp with bottom bar and other additional cool features.

•••Info about app update tracking•••
I saw a lot of requests for app update tracking feature. Although it is possible, its very difficult to do. Apkmirror doesn't have any public API so I would have to do it with HTML parsing and in this case it's pretty difficult.If anyone wants to help me just send me a PM.
Thanks.

Download

XDA:DevDB Information
APKMirror, App for all devices (see above for details)

Source Code: [url]https://github.com/vojta-horanek/APKMirror[/URL]

Version Information

Created 2016-08-29
Last Updated 2017-09-30

It's... Just a webview instance bundled into an app. Why would I use this when I could just open a browser?

Casualhacker

Jul 6, 2016
I don't use APK mirror often, so I just now came upon this blocking issue with the app. I quickly discovered that if I turned off the option to remember the last URL I wasn't blocked anymore.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I made an APKMirror app. I couldn't find any app for this website so I thought I will make it myself.
    Its just a simple webapp with bottom bar and other additional cool features.

•••Info about app update tracking•••
    I saw a lot of requests for app update tracking feature. Although it is possible, its very difficult to do. Apkmirror doesn't have any public API so I would have to do it with HTML parsing and in this case it's pretty difficult.If anyone wants to help me just send me a PM.
    Thanks.

Download

XDA:DevDB Information
    APKMirror, App for all devices (see above for details)

Source Code: https://github.com/vojta-horanek/APKMirror

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2016-08-29
    Last Updated 2017-09-30
    Ok, so I've just published the last version of this app. Thanks for all your amazing support and everything! I will be focusing on other projects now. Feel free to fork the project on GitHub and continue with the development.
    Thanks a lot!! :)
    I'm continuing development on this app btw

https://gitlab.com/TacoTheDank/APKMirror

Anyone is welcome to come help code, submit pull requests, post issues (if you find issues), make translations, and basically everything GitLab exists for :)

(also I like using bleeding-edge things, so be wary of that)

Edit (December 16, 2018): Forgot that I should probably link to F-Droid, even though it's in the GitLab as well: https://f-droid.org/packages/taco.apkmirror/
    Sorry, confused it with apkmirror.EU .

Just an FYI from one of the Administrators of APKMirror.com...

It was confirmed that the .eu website is indeed a clone of their official .com website and is also considered a warez site to as well as a caution for anyone who goes to that site takes a risk of possibility compromising their device.

I just wanted to pass along the official message to me.

Though there are downloads there that are safe, too many unknown ones that are too risky for me to even consider.

I'll just stick with the real deal and, hopefully, the Dev of this good app doesn't modify it anywhere but the real deal.

Thanks for a very good app!
    Keep up the good work!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
    It's January 2020 and I just wanted to confirm that this app still works on Android 10 (Android Q).

To answer the previous question... Easy access and overall better display than the small mobile web browser. If you don't like it don't use it and don't complain. Simple. I like it and I use it.