FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Apollo Music Player - Fidelity Edition

743 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,305

By Windows X, Senior Member on 23rd February 2015, 10:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've been trying to do this for a while now but couldn't N7100 didn't isn't in CM12 nightlies yet so I decided to build CM11 ROM again with some Apollo tweaks for better audio performance. This is CM11's Apollo with the following tweaks done by me.

-Compiled with Linaro 4.7 Toolchain with Fidelity Edition flags optimization (-O3/Strict-aliasing/etc.)
-Raised the handler thread priority level to high priority audio level. Normally it was set to background level but if you want to turn this to music phone, that level of priority won't make sure you'll get good music without being interrupted.
-Increase performance on caching system. It may consume little more space but should improving disk caching performance significantly. I decreased load factor from 0.75 to 0.5 so it shouldn't consume much more space like 0.25 (Or maybe I should)
-Reduced buffer size and output latency in disk caching. This should some what improve performance for low latency audio playback.

Let me know how it works against default CM's Apollo and other music players.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Apollo.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.56 MB, 5452 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Windows X For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Windows X Ad-Free
20th February 2017, 09:25 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windows X

I've been trying to do this for a while now but couldn't N7100 didn't isn't in CM12 nightlies yet so I decided to build CM11 ROM again with some Apollo tweaks for better audio performance. This is CM11's Apollo with the following tweaks done by me.

-Compiled with Linaro 4.7 Toolchain with Fidelity Edition flags optimization (-O3/Strict-aliasing/etc.)
-Raised the handler thread priority level to high priority audio level. Normally it was set to background level but if you want to turn this to music phone, that level of priority won't make sure you'll get good music without being interrupted.
-Increase performance on caching system. It may consume little more space but should improving disk caching performance significantly. I decreased load factor from 0.75 to 0.5 so it shouldn't consume much more space like 0.25 (Or maybe I should)
-Reduced buffer size and output latency in disk caching. This should some what improve performance for low latency audio playback.

Let me know how it works against default CM's Apollo and other music players.

Good Job. Thank you so much.
7th March 2017, 07:31 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,305

More
You're welcome.
5th November 2017, 06:38 PM |#4  
Cloudy
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Anyway opus support could be added? Love the sound btw, it's faster and clearer thanks for the mod Windows X
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apollo, music, player

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)