FORUMS

[APP][BETA] 1lyrics - instant lyrics for Spotify/AmazonMusic/Play Music & all players

164 posts
Thanks Meter: 213

By dharmapoudel, Senior Member on 4th July 2018, 04:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1 lyrics is one app for all your lyrics need. Ever wanted to sing along with the song but didn't know the lyrics, 1lyrics (one lyrics) got you covered. Learn english language (or any other) by singing along or reading lyrics offline.

PREMIUM FEATURES FOR FREE
* Offline lyrics - all lyrics are saved offline
* Bulk download - download lyrics of all your offline songs at once
* Themes - select the themes that you prefer
* Privacy and security - no ads, no tracking, no BS, your data stays on your device
* No fee/subscription - enjoy the app for free

KEY FEATURES
* Supports all players: Spotify, Google Play Music, Amazon Music, Samsung Music Player and all your other favourite streaming services and music players
* Easy Access: Tap on the real time notification to show (hide) the lyrics on lyrics panel
* Learn English Language: by singing along with the song, language other than english are also supported
* Material design: sleek new material designed interface with smooth animations
* Select dark or black themes if that's what you prefer
* Tons of customization: customize every details of the app
* Minimal memory footprint : app is around 2 mb
* Battery efficient : app does nothing on background (no ads, no tracking, no BS), so battery consumption is well below 1% (based on my device)

ADDITIONAL FEATURES
With one lyrics you can also:
* Offline lyrics are listed on app along with album art and artist info
* Share your favourite song lyrics, long tap lyrics from list to share
* Read lyrics offline, tap lyrics from the list to open it on lyrics panel
* Drag down from drag handle (or flick up) on lyrics panel to close it
* Press back, home or recents button to close lyrics panel
* Play music using your favourite player and still get the lyrics, no multiple apps
* Fetch cover art for your songs and store them offline

Get it on Google Play

Forum Download

P.S. This app is still in development, please let me know how it works for you, I'll try to resolve any issues asap. Thank you for your cooperation guys!
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to dharmapoudel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dharmapoudel Ad-Free
4th July 2018, 04:59 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Disclaimer: This app is provided for educational purpose only. I do not own any of the content displayed on the app. All the lyrics and graphic contents are provided from the free APIs available in the internet and are copyrighted to their respective owner. Please respect copyright laws before you decide to do anything with the content. I am not responsible for any issues caused by this app, whatsoever.

IMPORTANT:
* Not all lyrics are synced(auto scrolling) and not all songs will have lyrics, because the data is not available for all songs, if you are willing to pay, I'll look into adding it.
* Not all music players work, not because of this app but because those music players are not sending proper metadata, check with their developers.
* Notification access is needed in order to access music metadata and not to start a data farming business or to spy on you.
* 1 star and salty review is not gonna motivate me to work on a free app, report the bugs and features that you want to add.

Need Help With Translation
Please find the strings of the app in this dropbox link or from POEditor
Send me the translated strings along with your username and email so that I can give proper credit when I add credits section.

WHAT'S COMING
* More players and streaming service support
* More language lyrics support
* Option to add lyrics manually
* Refinement and performance improvement

Update 7/30/2018
Here are few other things that I plan to add in the near future (in no particular order)
* Compatibility up to KitKat (I do not have any devices running less than O, if you are willing to test, PM me.)
* Redesigned permission dialog (integrating on the app intro screen)
* Adding some graphics showcasing features and instructions
* Adding language support ( anyone willing to help with translation, please let me know, I'll give you the list of strings. )
* Ability to like() lyrics
* Ability to swipe to delete.

Change Logs V40 - updated 8/4/2018
*added app intro screens(shows one time)
*app permissions are now moved to intro screen instead of dialog
*added option to blur lyrics panel (enabled by default)
*option to go to intro screen from setting
*app compatibility up to api 21 (haven't tested properly, please report in case of any issues)
*notification now shows up only if lyrics is available(except offline reading), this should
take care of youtube videos and long audios
*notification is removed automatically once music stops (except offline reading)
*trigger handle now shows up only when music is playing (except settings screen)
*album arts are now hidden from gallery
*fixed themes related issues
*fixed notification issues (on older android versions)
*music detection is now much more reliable

Change Logs V41 - updated 8/12/2018
*Added - swipe(right to left) to delete
*Improvement - trigger handle and notification only shows up when music is playing and lyrics is available, goal is to make app less obtrusive as possible.
*Improvement - lyrics panel blur; remember: more blur means less lyrics panel alpha setting
*Improvement - faster lyrics fetch (well, at least for English songs for now)
*Improvement - if album art is not found, it now falls back to artist image
*Improvement - list view is now replaced by recycler view, resulting better animations, better performance, less RAM use.

Change Logs V42 and 43 - updated 8/18/2018
* Added option to stop/start app.
* Trigger handle is now hidden when you are reading lyrics offline.
* Lyrics are now displayed in the order they are downloaded.
* Theme and icons improvements.

Change Logs V46 - updated 8/25/2018
* Added app shortcuts to open lyrics panel directly
* Updated app fonts to use Roboto
* Added sort option (sorted by date by default)
* Moved settings to the place of add (I'll add the 'add/edit' lyrics function in future when I have time )
* Improved app start/stop function
*More themes improvement
*Fixed bugs (thanks for reporting)

Change Logs upto V65 - updated 10/13/2018
* added option to use phone while lyrics panel is open
* added option to blacklist youtube
* added donate option to support development
* updated to support api level 28
* added lololyrics lyrics provider
* Added FAQ screen (settings > FAQ)
* fixed issue with multiple artists
* added translations
HTML Code:
       Italian - Giovanni Andreotti
        German - pieceofphil
        Romanian - Darius Mnere
        Spanish - Agustín Mayorga
        Portuguese - Victor Hugo
        Vietnamese - Hàn Phong
Please please do not give me rating based on the features that are not available yet, if anything deserves less than 5 let me know here in forum. Also keep in mind, this is my first attempt at android app so things will be little slow.

Thanks for keeping me motivated , appreciate your feedback.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dharmapoudel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dharmapoudel Ad-Free
22nd July 2018, 11:41 PM |#3  
Flag Santa Cruz
Thanks Meter: 125

More
Working fine on my UL40 (unrooted, Nougat, arm v7), but isn't coming up with a very large quantity of lyrics, even for obvious older hits. Well done developing the app & thanks. Hope to see more lyrics sources added in the future.
This will be a popular app!
23rd July 2018, 03:53 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm831

Working fine on my UL40 (unrooted, Nougat, arm v7), but isn't coming up with a very large quantity of lyrics, even for obvious older hits. Well done developing the app & thanks. Hope to see more lyrics sources added in the future.
This will be a popular app!

I'm using bing search ( format: artist track lyrics) as the source of lyrics since lyrics apis are not free. If you know any let me know, I'll add it. Also its possible to add lyrics support for language other than english, as long as the source returns lyrics when passed artist name and track name.
The Following User Says Thank You to dharmapoudel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dharmapoudel Ad-Free
24th July 2018, 03:50 AM |#5  
Flag Santa Cruz

More
Good to know about translations. I don't know of any free services; hopefully other users will be more help. I totally understand the financial side & I give you 5 stars simply for keeping it ad-free & no charge.
I look forward to seeing your app become popular. Putting the word out on Reddit & such will help.
Again, thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to rjm831 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rjm831 Ad-Free
25th July 2018, 02:23 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Good to know about translations. I don't know of any free services; hopefully other users will be more help. I totally understand the financial side & I give you 5 stars simply for keeping it ad-free & no charge.
I look forward to seeing your app become popular. Putting the word out on Reddit & such will help.
Again, thanks.

Thanks mate! I've added google search option now which dramatically increases the lyrics fetch ratio. Once in a while the lyrics are incorrect but that's something I'll work on along with other improvements and features. Give it a try and let me know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dharmapoudel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dharmapoudel Ad-Free
26th July 2018, 12:43 AM |#7  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 406

More
Hey mate. Your app looks really good. But unfortunately my device isn't compatible with the app as I'm on Lollipop right now. Could you do something with it? I'm really grateful if you can. Thank you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zozoz13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zozoz13 Ad-Free
26th July 2018, 05:44 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zozoz13

Hey mate. Your app looks really good. But unfortunately my device isn't compatible with the app as I'm on Lollipop right now. Could you do something with it? I'm really grateful if you can. Thank you

I would love to make it compatible upto kitkat sometime in future. I'm currently focussing on improving things that work and adding features, which is more than enough work for my weekends. Minimum api level supported is 23 for now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dharmapoudel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dharmapoudel Ad-Free
4th August 2018, 10:46 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zozoz13

I've enabled backward compatibility upto api 21 along with a tons of features and improvements. Please give it a try. If everything works rate it on play store, if not let me know. Thanks mate!
5th August 2018, 04:31 PM |#10  
Flag Santa Cruz

More
Can't install or update when using Nougat 7.1.1. App gets frozen with the 'needs permissions' notification. Also has a different signature. Why?
5th August 2018, 09:34 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Can't install or update when using Nougat 7.1.1. App gets frozen with the 'needs permissions' notification. Also has a different signature. Why?

Not exactly sure why. Signature should be same, haven't changed anything. Are you installing it from play store or XDA ? Try clear data, uninstall and then install.
I think if you are trying to install from play store and try to update from XDA then it will throw you that signature mismatch message.
The Following User Says Thank You to dharmapoudel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dharmapoudel Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)