FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP 4.0+] 3C Toolbox (Pro)

2,270 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,462

By 3c, Senior Member on 16th November 2014, 10:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3C Toolbox (Pro) - the most comprehensive must-have toolbox for Android version 4.0 and above, running any ROM or kernel. Issues, suggestions, feature requests, please make sure to read post #2.

This app includes all features delivered separately in below apps. This is the result of one full year of work to bring all features together in an easy-to-use giant toolbox, and it includes the features of many other apps, including Titanium Backup, Greenify, BetterBatteryStats, App2SD, Seeder, ROM Toolbox Pro, SetCPU, System Panel, Root Explorer, Autorun Manager, Terminal Emulator, Script Editor, SD Booster, BuildProp Editor, ATK and so much more.

What is 3C Toolbox Replaces 20+ apps easily worth 30€ for the price of a couple of beers!

Download link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=3c

Non-exhaustive list of integrated apps and features

The following apps are all derived from 3C Toolbox Pro, using the exact same source code.

3C CPU Manager - This is the CPU control app for root users

3C Task Manager - This is a simple yet powerful task manager for Android

3C Process Monitor (Pro) - A comprehensive task manager and recorder with extra widgets to keep an eye on app CPU and memory consumption

3C Toggles - Highly customizable widgets to control about 30 system components.

3C Battery Monitor (Pro) - The most complete tool to monitor your battery, have no equal on Play Store.

3C System Tuner (Pro) - A system suite to monitor and backup apps and tweak your system and CPU

3C Network Monitor (to be published)

3C Apps Manager (to be published)

3C Root Explorer (to be published)

More information

App Features

App screenshots

3C Apps Feature Comparison

Lowest CPU consumption on Play Store

Permissions requested

Getting started guide

Online help

Unique features not available elsewhere

Track your ROM, kernel and battery performance (%/h or mA, screen on or standby)
◊ Battery milli-amp (mA), mW and %/h consumption reporting
◊ Automatic backup of installed and updated applications
◊ Highly configurable textual and graphical monitoring widgets
◊ The most advanced and configurable UI
◊ Clean and safe reboots, without data loss (root required)
◊ And much more

Possible apps derived from 3C Toolbox

The following apps may be derived from 3C Toolbox Pro in the future:

- 3C App Manager

- 3C Battery Manager (renaming Battery Monitor Widget and including battery savings features)

- 3C Network Manager

- 3C System Tweaker (renaming System Tuner)

Main Screen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-29-15-51-41.jpg
Views:	14572
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	3146609   Click image for larger version

Name:	standby.jpg
Views:	14644
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	3146610   Click image for larger version

Name:	unplugged_avg.jpg
Views:	14448
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	3146611   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-17-23-18-29.jpg
Views:	14050
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	3146613   Click image for larger version

Name:	shortcut_refresh_widget.png
Views:	13664
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	3146622   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-27-12-53-09.png
Views:	13468
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	3146623   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-19-11-43-01.jpg
Views:	13110
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	3146624   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-16-10-45-04.png
Views:	12886
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	3146625   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-10-06-19-08-58.png
Views:	6818
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	3497821   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-10-06-19-14-15.jpg
Views:	6722
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	3497822   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-10-06-19-17-01.jpg
Views:	6582
Size:	226.2 KB
ID:	3497823   Click image for larger version

Name:	main.png
Views:	37698
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	3497829  
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to 3c For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 3c Ad-Free

16th November 2014, 10:55 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
FAQ and guidelines for any queries
Before you put a bad rating on Play Store for a single broken feature among the 100 the app delivers, and before you contact me (or post here), you may consider the following:
3C Toolbox runs on hundreds of devices and custom ROMs, I cannot test all of them, however I try to change device regularly to ensure the app is compatible with all devices, please check my signature.

◊ 3C Toolbox and its derived apps are, at the time of writing, used by more than half a million users and 3C Toolbox Pro is rated 4.8/5 by about 3000 users.

◊ 3C Toolbox runs on Android 4.x and above, I always have at least one device running 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x and 8.x to avoid issues, however I may miss some key differences from time to time, possibly causing the app to crash or a feature to malfunction.

◊ 3C Toolbox is not a game relying on well established documentation, but an advanced toolbox which uses some undocumented features, which have evolved along with each version of Android. Even some documented features had to be adapted to newer Android versions.

◊ 3C Toolbox provides milli-Ampere data for your battery either provided by Android OS or estimated by the app when there is no current sensor. Hardware current sensor can sometimes report inaccurate or no data at all. It's impossible to predict how the next device will report milli-Ampere if it does at all.

◊ Please try free version of 3C Toolbox before purchasing so you know if the app suits you or not. Note that you will need root and copy the app settings manually (I'm currently looking into this) when you decide to support my work and purchase the Pro version.

◊ I've worked for the past 5 years on my apps and 3C Toolbox took about 3 years to be what it is now. It's not perfect, but it works and gets the job done. You can use the free version, the pro version is very cheap for what it has to offer and considering you will be able to use it on all your present and future devices.

◊ I'm a human being, not a service center, not a big corporate. Like any other human being I don't like being bashed or insulted by email or anywhere else and will no longer waste my time for anyone doing so.
Why such guidelines?
- You want new features and improvements as soon as possible?
- You want a quick solution to a problem?
- You don't want to waste your time explaining?

Me too, that's that simple.
Feature requests?
Please explain using as few words as it's possible and join a screenshot if it applies to an existing feature. Pictures speaks 1000 words they say, maybe.
Installation issues?
Unable to install the app, from Play Store or Amazon or manually? Receiving error XXX? Play Store asking you to pay again for an app?

As detailed everywhere on the net, most Play Store issues are resolved by clearing Play Store/Google Services Framework apps' data and rebooting. Sometimes recreating your account on the device is necessary. Search the net for the specific error number reported by Play Store and stop blaming the app. FWIW I'm not the developer of the Play Store app so you should really ask support from the actual devs of those apps when you have such a problem.

If your device is not rooted, only the above can solve your issue, and no apps can create or solve this issue.

If your device is rooted, you can 1- check available space in all partitions, especially /cache and /data, 2- clean-it up from all remains, eg any files or folders containing the app package name (ccc71.at for the 3C Toolbox Pro, found in Play Store app detail page URL) in both /data and /system folders. Once your device is cleaned-up, installation should proceed as usual should any Play Store issues be resolved. FWIW, app file remains are an OS issue, apps don't control installation or un-installation in any ways.

Here you can find more information (and solutions?) to error -24 and most Play Store installation issues.

Also, please check Google's Play Store known issues here: https://support.google.com/googlepla.../1319135?hl=en
Purchase issues?
All payments are handled by Google or Amazon depending on where you purchase the app.

Payment methods for Google Play Store are detailed here: https://support.google.com/googlepla.../2651410?hl=en

Payment methods for Amazon App Store are detailed here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...941&sr=8-1-acs
Issues with CPU temperature or battery current mA or capacity mAh?
Please explain this in a support request from app settings, help and support so we can provide the appropriate option to use in 'mA retrieval method' of battery / monitoring settings and add out-of-the-box support for your device. All necessary information is provided in the request's attachments.

Battery current mA and CPU temperature are non standard on Android and every devices/manufacturers provides it differently or not at all. Don't blame the app if your device doesn't provide it or report inconsistent values, ask your manufacturer which get paid lots of bucks.
Starting with Android Lollipop 5.0 current mA is part of the Android documentation, however tests shows that it's the same data as previously retrieved from the Android Kernel, and can often be missing (constant 0), inconsistent at best, useless at worse. Few devices include an accurate current mA hardware sensor. Many sensors provide invalid data during standby, which require the use of a dedicated option.

Issues with GPU tab missing features?
GPU configuration is not something standard on Android, and there are currently 10+ implementations available. If you miss something, please send a support request from app settings, help and support mentioning what's missing and a screenshot of each GPU tabs.
How to get support for any other issues
Please send a support request from app settings, help and support. You need to clearly explain your issue, attach any relevant screenshots showing where and how the issue occurs. I will not provide any support here.

The idea is that you explain the observed issue, possibly add a screenshot so that I know exactly where to look (app has 100+ screens and sometimes words don't mean the same for you and me), from there I can really do a good job at helping you. You want my help, do it the right way or simply don't.

The support requests contains the following (you can check the content before sending). Privacy policy is available here.

◊ Battery technical details as available on device
◊ Battery history recorded (last 100 records)
◊ CPU technical details as available on device
◊ SD mount points (to help identify unsupported SD locations)
◊ Previous visible and internal crash reports (FC)
◊ Process running (to identify possible conflicts)
◊ App configuration (version number, type and mA retrieval method in use)
◊ Android configuration (version, security settings, ROM, kernel)

You've read all this? I thank you for your time and hope you enjoy my apps.
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to 3c For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 3c Ad-Free
16th November 2014, 10:56 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
TODO list
Here are only the important To-Do's, those that I am or plan on working on next, in order of priority:
  • One-click system manager. Got to be rewritten entirely (done) and moved to device manager to make it easier to use.
  • ROM Manager to be created to include at least (de)odexing, flashing ZIPs and Build.prop editor, probably also kernel/recovery backups.
  • Backup for calendar and contacts (permissions for calendar will have to be added).
  • Cloud-backup (G-drive and drop-box), will likely require a dedicated screen/manager to include apps, sms, call-logs, calendar and contacts. Will require "read account" permission.
  • Widget configuration, got to be easier and more intuitive, at least showing the preview in look'n'feel and content (done) (done).

The following have been implemented:
  • Add support for Android 6.0 Marshmallow
  • Import settings from free to pro/donate version (done, please report if it works ok for you).
  • Xposed-based features without Xposed: crystallize, force screen-on, force rotate, force full-screen, app locker, app-based watchers. Other features cannot be implemented without Xposed (permissions, removing battery icon/warning).

And many more, actual TO-DO's list is huge and growing constantly.

I'll try to update this list, but some might be obsolete
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to 3c For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 3c Ad-Free
16th November 2014, 10:56 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
reserved for future use 2
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 3c For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 3c Ad-Free
21st November 2014, 10:04 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
New thread, now all the information is concentrated. Thanks @3c

Toolbox Pro is the Swiss Army knife of Android!! It is the best investment.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

@3c I have a question (maybe crazy) about notifications in status bar, it would be possible to create "smart notifications"?

I try to explain. Could the font automatically updated with the font of my theme on android? including option to choose font, native android or theme in use.

I fully understand that this is not a simple upgrade.

The status bar notifications are one of the many options offered by Toolbox, but these were the ones that did make their work known to me earlier in Battery Monitor Widget and System Tunner.

Thank you so much @3c
The Following User Says Thank You to N.Tesla For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift N.Tesla Ad-Free
21st November 2014, 06:36 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
[deleted]
24th November 2014, 05:50 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3c

[deleted]

Yes. is in reference to the icons, sorry. The text is fine, it's the same as my theme in use. I would like the icons behave alike, would perfect.

My request will surely need a lot of work, modify or create all the notifications does not sound good. Maybe in the future it would be possible to add some new notification packets with a modern style.

Here you can see the differences in the font, "A" retains the old style, "B" has the size and font with a modern style.

Sorry I could not reply before. Thanks @3c
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1416611765044.jpg
Views:	3606
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	3031999   Click image for larger version

Name:	1416611453213.jpg
Views:	3524
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	3032000  
25th November 2014, 05:26 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Tesla

Yes. is in reference to the icons, sorry. The text is fine, it's the same as my theme in use. I would like the icons behave alike, would perfect.

My request will surely need a lot of work, modify or create all the notifications does not sound good. Maybe in the future it would be possible to add some new notification packets with a modern style.

Here you can see the differences in the font, "A" retains the old style, "B" has the size and font with a modern style.

Sorry I could not reply before. Thanks @3c

Yes, a lot of work, however existing icon will remain as-is. The idea of creating collection with specific themes, like white, black, ICS, could be a good start so that every information can be shown for each theme. At least it will bring some consistency.

Note also that the clock you have on your status bar is custom-made by your ROM. The ROM is allowed to use any means and is likely using real characters, while apps can only show icons. Hard to make, even less make it customizable.

I'm considering building the packs directly from the device, but it would require adding a lot of things and I still have issues signing an APK properly. Those extra things will have to be downloaded separately because Play Store policies do not authorize apps that contain code to mess with other APKs, such as de-odexing which now requires such extra download.

That said, the icons are getting old, and needs refreshing.
The Following User Says Thank You to 3c For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 3c Ad-Free
25th November 2014, 08:46 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3c

Yes, a lot of work, however existing icon will remain as-is. The idea of creating collection with specific themes, like white, black, ICS, could be a good start so that every information can be shown for each theme. At least it will bring some consistency.

Note also that the clock you have on your status bar is custom-made by your ROM. The ROM is allowed to use any means and is likely using real characters, while apps can only show icons. Hard to make, even less make it customizable.

I'm considering building the packs directly from the device, but it would require adding a lot of things and I still have issues signing an APK properly. Those extra things will have to be downloaded separately because Play Store policies do not authorize apps that contain code to mess with other APKs, such as de-odexing which now requires such extra download.

That said, the icons are getting old, and needs refreshing.

Yes, google policies do not distinguish between a good developer and a novice or bad practices developer. Maybe in the future learn to differentiate.

My ROM is stock (OnePlus One) CM11s 4.4.4 themed DarkUI of @Thyrus

New packages in the future sounds great, this is not something urgent, I know you have a long list of work. Just the fact that you keep this in mind, for me as a gift.

Thank you so much @3c
28th November 2014, 05:39 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
3C Toolbox 1.2 released
3C Toolbox version 1.2 has been released this morning on Play Store (Amazon will follow in a few days) and includes the following:
  • New widget Material (Android 5.0 Lollipop) background option
  • Update Xposed framework to version 2.6.1
  • Remove HOLO theme option now useless
  • New launcher shortcut theme options
  • New toggle widgets icon theme
  • Bug fixes

Updates for other apps should follow shortly.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3c For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 3c Ad-Free
30th November 2014, 09:21 AM |#11  
Flag Lost Angeles
Thanks Meter: 470

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3c

3C Toolbox version 1.2 has been released this morning on Play Store (Amazon will follow in a few days) and includes the following:

• New widget Material (Android 5.0 Lollipop) background option
  • Update Xposed framework to version 2.6.1
  • Remove HOLO theme option now useless
  • New launcher shortcut theme options
  • New toggle widgets icon theme
  • Bug fixes

Updates for other apps should follow shortly.

Version 1.21 fixes the Failed to enable event issue. Thanks for quick response.

Sent from my cdma 4.4.2 Virgin Mobile HTC Desire 601 zara_cl
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, tools

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)