Post Reply Email Thread
5th September 2019, 08:27 PM |#841  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,702

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bege10

But the very moment I open the Battery settings (not Charging settings but one step before) charging stops

That's exactly the problem, it only happens when you open battery settings, and is solved by a "simple" (but annoying) reboot. It is fixed in next update (and confirmed by alpha testers).

FWIW, the app was testing available charge limit methods, to only offer those that can work. Sadly the methods that are not supported are actually preventing charging, but the app is not able to re-enable it. It's actually a bug in the kernel. eg app reads the content of a file, puts 0 in that file, check it's set to 0, puts back 1 in that file, checks it's set to 1, and puts back the original value (read before) and checks it's the same as the one it reads. Files could actually contain other values (enable/disable), but one of those files can disable charging, but it does not allow enabling it back, hence the kernel bug.

Quote:

3C Toolbox now can install System Helper APK and XML file, but the settings still say "Install System Helper".[COLOR="Silver"]

Yes, that's an issue when using SuperSU. Works perfectly with Magisk. This is also fixed for next update.

Quote:

Do you still consider this request?

Yes indeed. I have other important things to do before, one is releasing an update to Battery Monitor, which should happen soon. Then it's the Play Store compliance update (where Android 9 and above would need to use 3C Battery Stats, still only if rooted or using ADB to grant stats permission).

I plan to add new filtering capabilities to the app and will add labels at the same time, because labels will need a way to filter, and other criteria have been asked in the past. Filtering by all sorting methods would actually be perfect. And this filtering requires a dedicated dialog box, that would include the old user/system quick filter, labels, and other elements from the sort.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3c For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 3c Ad-Free
5th September 2019, 08:39 PM |#842  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Battery manager status shows
- plugged in: Status Charging AC, mA flow +1150mA (+41.07%/h)
- unplugged: Status Charging Unplugged, mA flow +450mA (+16.07%/h)
The unplugged status does not make sense to me.

I checked the data from a previous request and mA method was auto-set to 'Android mA' (which gets the value from Android API) and it was already +450mA, unplugged. Having the same number makes it look like it's hard-coded!? Also, both being positives makes it look like it's reporting positive values at all times, no matter if it's charging/discharging ? You might want to use estimated, or enhanced estimated if available or another method that could bring more realistic values. Try using the configuration wizard, the page updates every minute so you can plug/unplug to see how the values are reported.

Enhanced estimated should be available if you have a Samsung device. If not, got to look into using root (now that I've optimized it, one of those things that happened in the background), so you could access it and possibly other data (sensor).
The Following User Says Thank You to 3c For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 3c Ad-Free
6th September 2019, 04:49 PM |#843  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:

Edit: After charging has stopped at 80% as set and the level is now down to 45%again I plugged in the charger again - and charging does not start. Please, try to find a fix asap.

The mentioned issues but this one have been solved with the update today.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3c

I checked the data from a previous request and mA method was auto-set to 'Android mA' (which gets the value from Android API) and it was already +450mA, unplugged. Having the same number makes it look like it's hard-coded!? Also, both being positives makes it look like it's reporting positive values at all times, no matter if it's charging/discharging ? You might want to use estimated, or enhanced estimated if available or another method that could bring more realistic values. Try using the configuration wizard, the page updates every minute so you can plug/unplug to see how the values are reported.

Enhanced estimated should be available if you have a Samsung device. If not, got to look into using root (now that I've optimized it, one of those things that happened in the background), so you could access it and possibly other data (sensor).

Enhanced estimated is not in the list (Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus (SM-G901F)), but estimated seems to provide more realistic values.
Edit: Well, not so convincing. Values vary from +350 to +750.
The status display does not update (not after 5 minutes). I had to chose a different tool and return to battery manager.
6th September 2019, 06:08 PM |#844  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If you don't use charging limit, this issue cannot occur. Have you rebooted after the app updated? If issue persists, it's not the app then, because the app won't touch any of the charging limit files, unless set to do so. This update do not test available files.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Enhanced estimated is not in the list (Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus (SM-G901F)), but estimated seems to provide more realistic values.
Edit: Well, not so convincing. Values vary from +350 to +750.
The status display does not update (not after 5 minutes). I had to chose a different tool and return to battery manager.

Estimated is based on %, and is the best available considering the kernel does not report real mA data. Will check status update. It is supposed to update each time new data is recorded. Are you using real-time or intervals?
The Following User Says Thank You to 3c For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 3c Ad-Free
6th September 2019, 06:14 PM |#845  
Flag Germany

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3c

Estimated is based on %, and is the best available considering the kernel does not report real mA data. Will check status update. It is supposed to update each time new data is recorded. Are you using real-time or intervals?

You mean for battery history? I use 10 min. interval. So the UI does not update every minute but when there is a new record for the history? Then I understand why it does not update after 1 or 5 minutes
6th September 2019, 06:16 PM |#846  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If you don't use charging limit, this issue cannot occur. Have you rebooted after the app updated? If issue persists, it's not the app then, because the app won't touch any of the charging limit files, unless set to do so. This update do not test available files.
6th September 2019, 06:57 PM |#847  
Flag Germany

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3c

Well, I do and want to use charging limit. But I don't want to reboot each time I need to charge.
6th September 2019, 08:46 PM |#848  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well, I do and want to use charging limit. But I don't want to reboot each time I need to charge.

You mentioned that only 'Samsung' method was available, right?

Can you check the content of that file when charging is ok: /sys/class/power_supply/battery/batt_slate_mode ?
7th September 2019, 06:05 PM |#849  
Flag Germany

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3c

You mentioned that only 'Samsung' method was available, right?

Can you check the content of that file when charging is ok: /sys/class/power_supply/battery/batt_slate_mode ?

Before and while charging it is "0", after charging limit has reached it is "1" and remains until reboot. It does not change if battery drops below charging limit. After reboot it is back to "0".

Meanwhile there are also available as methods
- Motorola Defy+
- Samsung Note
7th September 2019, 08:01 PM |#850  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Before and while charging it is "0", after charging limit has reached it is "1" and remains until reboot. It does not change if battery drops below charging limit. After reboot it is back to "0".

Meanwhile there are also available as methods
- Motorola Defy+
- Samsung Note

This should now be solved with last update (2.0.7b).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3c For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 3c Ad-Free
8th September 2019, 02:22 PM |#851  
Flag Germany

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3c

This should now be solved with last update (2.0.7b).

Thanks for trying to fix.
Now charging turns on and off every second after the limit has been reached.
I remember that this feature also did not work with another app from F-Droid I tried about a year ago . Seems to be really tricky. I will do without that feature.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, tools

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)