FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.0+] AdClear: Non-Root Full-Version Ad Blocker

723 posts
Thanks Meter: 421

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from SEVEN_AdClear: If you'd like to help us out, please join the beta!
8th February 2016, 02:16 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is this apps work like adaway?

8th February 2016, 04:36 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankeegee

Ok, I have installed and uninstalled this three times. Each time, I get that it is installed properly. But, I keep getting a triangle warning in my status bar that says "network may be monitored by an unknown third party" . I have checked the ok to have it as a trusted credential. But, I don't think it is showing up in the trusted credentials in my security setting.

I don't see the C O credential. Why is it not installing the credentials? The ad blocking does seem to be working.
I am rooted, with Verizon's xt1254 phone using resurrection remix rom right now.
I also use the "mother of all adblocking" script (right word?).

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Hello, thanks for installing.

The notification is, at this time, normal because of the way Android handles the certs. It can be removed with root optionally but we can not do it on our end.

SEVENDev

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratbags

On screen off, vpn disconnects and doesn't reconnect on screen on. Adguard works fine though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planeinmountain

I have this on my Huawei P8 and I also get the occasional notification that vpn disconnected when screen is off. No mention of reconnecting but ads are still being blocked after this happened so I guess it's still working.

Thanks for the feedback,

I am very interested in this and have not seen this behavior before. We have attempted to replicate the issue but are unable. We currently do not have a Huawei P8 to test on but any more info on the phone would be greatly appreciated as well as steps to replicate. Replying with Android version, phone model, network you used (wifi or 4g, etc.) would be greatly appreciated.

SEVENDev

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by houssin7

Is this apps work like adaway?

Thanks for the question,

If by like AdAway you mean both block ads then yes we are similar.

Where we differ is we do not require root to block the ads. This means we can not modify host files like AdAway does. Instead we block with and on-device VPN than filters all traffic through it and removes the ads before they are in your apps and browsers.

SEVENDev
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SEVENDev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SEVENDev Ad-Free
8th February 2016, 04:39 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Marshall, TX

More
EDIT: seems my colleague got to it first!
8th February 2016, 04:43 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
There's no steps to replicate. I installed the app through Amazone app store.
I just put the phone down and after some time I notice a notification which states that vpn is disconnected. I can see this notification on my laptop as I have Airdroid installed which mirrors all android notifications to the laptop. So far all notifications came in while on home wifi.
Huawei P8 GRA-L09 android 5.0.1 on wifi. Haven't seen it happen yet while using 4g.
The Following User Says Thank You to planeinmountain For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift planeinmountain Ad-Free
8th February 2016, 04:54 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Vpn disconnects with screen off. And I meant adguard which uses the same vpn principle as adclear but their vpn doesn't keep shutting down. Which is why I've reverted to using it instead of adclear.
8th February 2016, 06:23 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Marshall, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeinmountain

There's no steps to replicate. I installed the app through Amazone app store.
I just put the phone down and after some time I notice a notification which states that vpn is disconnected. I can see this notification on my laptop as I have Airdroid installed which mirrors all android notifications to the laptop. So far all notifications came in while on home wifi.
Huawei P8 GRA-L09 android 5.0.1 on wifi. Haven't seen it happen yet while using 4g.

Our ticketing server is down right now, but we do know we've had issues with a Huawei phone running on 5.0.1 and its being worked on. We could possibly have a fix in our next update. I'll update you further when that server comes back online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratbags

Vpn disconnects with screen off. And I meant adguard which uses the same vpn principle as adclear but their vpn doesn't keep shutting down. Which is why I've reverted to using it instead of adclear.

We understand why that would make you switch back. If you don't mind, could you provide us your phone model, os version, and connection (wifi/data) that this happened on? Thank you.
8th February 2016, 06:38 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN_AdClear

Our ticketing server is down right now, but we do know we've had issues with a Huawei phone running on 5.0.1 and its being worked on. We could possibly have a fix in our next update. I'll update you further when that server comes back online.

We understand why that would make you switch back. If you don't mind, could you provide us your phone model, os version, and connection (wifi/data) that this happened on? Thank you.

Well it's a relatively obscure Amazon fire phone with kit Kat, using Wi-Fi. So I can see why I might be having issues.
9th February 2016, 02:32 PM |#18  

More
Stuck when enabling vpn.. Like forever on my lenovo a7000plus
9th February 2016, 03:35 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Marshall, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodiez

Stuck when enabling vpn.. Like forever on my lenovo a7000plus

That's unfortunate. Could you give us your os version?

One thing you can try is to uninstall adclear and delete the certificate (if you installed it), then reboot and install again. I'm not sure if you tried to install multiple times, but that sometimes causes issues with the VPN.

Edit: Also, did this happen on wifi or lte/4g?
10th February 2016, 05:39 AM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN_AdClear

That's unfortunate. Could you give us your os version?

One thing you can try is to uninstall adclear and delete the certificate (if you installed it), then reboot and install again. I'm not sure if you tried to install multiple times, but that sometimes causes issues with the VPN.

Edit: Also, did this happen on wifi or lte/4g?

Im using lolipop 5.02
I've reinstalled and restart my phone but the problem still there.
Im using 3g for data connection.
10th February 2016, 02:10 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Here is a link for uninstalling the certificate, because maybe it is there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ2cXsjtNEk

Althoug you uninstal Ad, the certificate is not uninstaled (I sugest to the developer to do so, because, for example, the alternative to have no pin in block screen becames greyed).
The Following User Says Thank You to frajofa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frajofa Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad blocker, app, ssl vpn

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)