FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.0+] AdClear: Non-Root Full-Version Ad Blocker

742 posts
Thanks Meter: 428

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from SEVEN_AdClear: If you'd like to help us out, please join the beta!
10th February 2016, 02:10 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Here is a link for uninstalling the certificate, because maybe it is there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ2cXsjtNEk

Althoug you uninstal Ad, the certificate is not uninstaled (I sugest to the developer to do so, because, for example, the alternative to have no pin in block screen becames greyed).
The Following User Says Thank You to frajofa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frajofa Ad-Free

10th February 2016, 03:53 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Marshall, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frajofa

Although you uninstall Ad, the certificate is not uninstalled (I suggest to the developer to do so, because, for example, the alternative to have no pin in block screen becomes greyed).

You don't have to clear all of your credentials. Our certificate will be under trusted credentials. When you open that, there will be tabs labeled "System" and "User". It'll be located in the User section.

This is good feedback. The deletion of the certificate upon uninstall is something we're trying to figure out, but its more a problem of Android than it is the app.
10th February 2016, 05:13 PM |#23  
Flag Flagstaff
Thanks Meter: 200

More
I have a quick question about the ads being blocked. When I tap the ads blocked button, it shows all the sites where ads have been blocked. Some of these sites have an inordinately amount of blocked ads (showing 100+). I haven't been on these sites to have that kind of action (I don't think). Are these ads being blocked even though I am not on that website? I'm just trying to understand how it works.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to gimpy1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gimpy1 Ad-Free
10th February 2016, 05:39 PM |#24  
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 415

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frajofa

Althoug you uninstal Ad, the certificate is not uninstaled (I sugest to the developer to do so, because, for example, the alternative to have no pin in block screen becames greyed).

Just yesterday I came across this Adclear project, Without knowing on how to uninstalled it, I have done exact same steps in order to remove it completely.

As I have uninstalled user credentials but still had no go till I have completely removed all credentials. System ones will remain only user end will gets deleted.
10th February 2016, 05:42 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Marshall, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpy1

I have a quick question about the ads being blocked. When I tap the ads blocked button, it shows all the sites where ads have been blocked. Some of these sites have an inordinately amount of blocked ads (showing 100+). I haven't been on these sites to have that kind of action (I don't think). Are these ads being blocked even though I am not on that website? I'm just trying to understand how it works.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Good question. Are the sites open in the browser? If so, AdClear will continue to block them in the background. This is good for saving bandwidth.

Depending on the site (or app), large amounts of numbers could be a result of several things. Usually the ad network just repeatedly tries to send ads to a determined location on the page (banner, side, etc.).
10th February 2016, 05:50 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Marshall, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.patron99

Just yesterday I came across this Adclear project, Without knowing on how to uninstalled it, I have done exact same steps in order to remove it completely.

As I have uninstalled user credentials but still had no go till I have completely removed all credentials. System ones will remain only user end will gets deleted.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that you weren't able to individually remove the certificate? It will be located in the user section.

If you aren't able to uninstall at all, it might be that you have device administrator on. From our FAQ:

This is how you uninstall the certificate:
Open the "Settings" Tab on your phone.
Select the "Security" Tab.
Select the "Trusted Credentials" Tab.
Select the "User" Tab.
Select the "SEVEN Networks, Inc. OpenChannel Primary Certificate".
Scroll down until the "Remove" button appears.
Select the "Remove" button.
A pop-up will appear asking if you want to permanently erase the certificate. Select "OK".

If the app was installed as an administrator:

Select Device Administrator tab.
Uncheck Seven AdClear (Deactivate if prompted).
Go to the application manager.
Select Seven AdClear.
Click the uninstall button.
The Following User Says Thank You to SEVEN_AdClear For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SEVEN_AdClear Ad-Free
10th February 2016, 05:57 PM |#27  
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 415

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN_AdClear

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that you weren't able to individually remove the certificate? It will be located in the user section.

If you aren't able to uninstall at all, it might be that you have device administrator on. From our FAQ:

This is how you uninstall the certificate:
Select the "Trusted Credentials" Tab.
Select the "User" Tab.
Select the "SEVEN Networks, Inc. OpenChannel Primary Certificate".
Scroll down until the "Remove" button appears.
Select the "Remove" button.
A pop-up will appear asking if you want to permanently erase the certificate. Select "OK".

If the app was installed as an administrator:

Select Device Administrator tab.
Uncheck Seven AdClear (Deactivate if prompted).
Go to the application manager.
Select Seven AdClear.
Click the uninstall button.

Thanks for the quickest reply.

Nope, I'm able to delete them individually, so far no issues.

Just a small request, as Adclear generates VPN like other app such as Adguard. Then is it possible to block ads without going with Security credentials?
I know you guys have been doing deep level of research but it makes end user bit complicated at first glance.

Like myself playing around with Android for 3-4yrs now but never encountered Security Credentials till yesterday. In fact never came across to any of such apps tbh.

Keep up the good work.
The Following User Says Thank You to pat99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pat99 Ad-Free
10th February 2016, 06:10 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Marshall, TX

More
Quote:

Thanks for the quickest reply.

Of course! We're loving the XDA forums and how quickly we're notified of replies. It's a great format.

Quote:

Just a small request, as Adclear generates VPN like other app such as Adguard. Then is it possible to block ads without going with Security credentials?
I know you guys have been doing deep level of research but it makes end user bit complicated at first glance.

Like myself playing around with Android for 3-4yrs now but never encountered Security Credentials till yesterday. In fact never came across to any of such apps tbh.

Keep up the good work.

Good news: the security certificate is optional! It's for encrypted ads. The installation process should've let you know that it was optional, but I can understand how the language could be goading you into using it ("You're almost done!"). You probably haven't heard much about it because we're the only one that blocks encrypted right now. Our VPN works fine without it, but you'll still get encrypted ads.

This is valuable info that I'll pass onto the team. We'd love to hear more feedback and suggestions as you use AdClear!
The Following User Says Thank You to SEVEN_AdClear For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SEVEN_AdClear Ad-Free
11th February 2016, 05:17 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN_AdClear

O
Good news: the security certificate is optional! It's for encrypted ads. The installation process should've let you know that it was optional, but I can understand how the language could be goading you into using it ("You're almost done!"). You probably haven't heard much about it because we're the only one that blocks encrypted right now. Our VPN works fine without it, but you'll still get encrypted ads.

Perhaps I was clicking too quickly, but the installer never installed this certificate on my device, or perhaps Android 6.0 prevents this type of behavior. Where can I find the certificate itself to manually import into my device's certificate store? I found a .pem file inside the APK file but it does not appear to be valid.
11th February 2016, 05:20 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by catbert77

Perhaps I was clicking too quickly, but the installer never installed this certificate on my device, or perhaps Android 6.0 prevents this type of behavior. Where can I find the certificate itself to manually import into my device's certificate store? I found a .pem file inside the APK file but it does not appear to be valid.

Hello thanks for the question,

We have disabled this feature temporarily for 6.0 as it causes the phone to hang on certain google applications. We are working on adding this functionality shortly.

SevenDev
12th February 2016, 09:29 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Marshall, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodiez

Im using lolipop 5.02
I've reinstalled and restart my phone but the problem still there.
Im using 3g for data connection.

Sorry for the late response, but could you try seeing if the problem exists when installing from wifi as well? I'm currently creating a ticket and that would speed up our ability to fix this tremendously (ruling out the connection). Thank you so much.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad blocker, app, ssl vpn

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)