If you happen to be a fan of split-window mode in Android Nougat, there is a good chance that may find this nifty tools App that I have been working on - Parallel Windows for Nougat (Android 7.0 Nougat exclusive)
What it does? 3 things as of now:
#1 Provide an onscreen shortcut to toggle split-screen
#2 Quickly launch any new App in split-screen mode through a floating mini App drawer.
#3 Mirror an App!
YES! You can run two Windows of an App, two windows of almost any App on a phone but MANY windows of an App on tablet, as seen on the screenshots above.
The set of tools can be accessed by swiping from right edge of the screen, couple of screenshots of the App:
Here is a video demo (please note that it's on an emulator, expect some lags here and there.) In case you're only interested in checking out how the mirroring of App works, jump to 03:14 in the video. And if anybody can shoot a quality video, please do and upload to this thread.
Please subscribe, share the link of this thread with your Nexus friends (running Android Nougat.)
Thank you for going through my post.
Download from Google Play Store (Receive updates automatically)
Download from the attachments (click here to auto-download latest)
Download from XDA Labs
If you like the App, please leave a rating on Google Play Store.
What's changed/new in v2.1_Alpha:
* The white background of "RECENT ACTIVITY" panel is now toned down.
* Recent activity removes Apps which are uninstalled.
* Added/changed UI texts wherever needed.
What's changed/new in v2.0_Alpha:
* Significant improvement in the UI controls, you should feel everything super snappy now.
* App drawer now supports fast scrolling.
* You can now adjust the placement of the hotspot to trigger Parallel Windows side bar - length, width, location (up/down/left/right.)
* A new panel is now available, 'RECENT ACTIVITY' - whichever App you launch/mirror using Parallel Windows, goes here. This panel will have more additions in future - shortcut to launch multiple Apps, widgets etc.
What's changed/new in v1.2_Alpha:
* The App is now battery ready - uses CPU for only the few seconds when you interact with it.
What's changed/new in v1.1_Alpha:
* The floating App drawer should be super responsive now.
* After swiping in left the tools menu, you can tap anywhere on the screen to exit (earlier you had to swipe back to the right.)
* Added quick sharing option.