FORUMS

[APP][5.0+]Android VoIP Call Recording - Record calls from WhatsApp, Viber, Skype etc

631 posts
Thanks Meter: 406

By boldbeast, Senior Member on 16th March 2020, 05:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from boldbeast: Record video calls and voice calls from VoIP apps like WhatsApp, Viber, Messenger, Google Voice, Skype etc.
Android VoIP Call Recording - Record video calls and voice calls from VoIP apps such as WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook Messenger, Google Voice, Google Hangouts, Google Duo, Line, WeChat, Skype, magicApp, Signal etc, is a feature many Android users are waiting for. But for so many years you still can't enjoy the feature, even if your Android phones are more and more powerful, even if you have rooted your phone.

Several recorders said they can record VoIP calls, but actually they can't. Why? Because Android allows only one app to use the microphone. As a result,
  • If the VoIP app (WhatsApp, Skype etc) is using the microphone, the recorder fails to start recording.
  • If the recorder is using the microphone, the caller can't hear your voice during the call because the VoIP app (WhatsApp, Skype etc) is denied to use the microphone.
For this reason all call recorders and all screen recorders can't record VoIP calls. You can test and confirm the fact yourself.

Boldbeast VoIP Call Recorder
This app adds the VoIP Call Recording feature to your phone. It uses the microphone in a shared manner, so it can record VoIP calls successfully on all Android phones.
  • Record video calls and voice calls from VoIP apps such as WhatsApp, Skype etc. Actually all VoIP apps on the market are supported.
  • Capture game playing, video playing, music playing, app using etc. Recordings can be saved as video+audio files or pure audio files. Audio is loseless because the data is copied directly from the system internal.
  • Audio can be saved in stereo or in mono.
  • Save all recordings locally in your phone memory or in the external SD card, so they are available at once after recording is ended.
  • Manage recordings, play back, rename, delete, share etc.

Requirement
  • Android 5.0 up.
  • Root needed.

Installation
  • Install the app from Google Play: Android VoIP Call Recorder
  • In the app tap "Root > Grant Root Access" to grant root access to this app.
  • On the screen you'll see the folder name in which the CallRecordingFix module is saved. Please open Magisk Manager, tap the top-left icon, tap Modules, tap the bottom-center "+" icon to locate the folder and install the CallRecordingFix module.
    Note: On some phones the File Manager (or File Explorer etc) is too weak, so in it you may not see the folder. But in Magisk Manager you can see the folder. You can see the folder also in third-party file managers.
  • Power off then power on the phone.
Now you can enjoy the new VoIP call recording feature on your Android phone.

Start / Stop / Pause / Resume Recording
When a VoIP call comes, the VoIP app (WhatsApp, Skype etc) doesn't notify this app, so this app can't start recording automatically because it doesn't know the event. You should tap the record button on the notification or on the float view to start recording. When the call is ended, this app doesn't know the event either, so you should tap the stop button to stop recording. During recording you can pause and resume recording if you want.

Feedback
The app has just been released. Feedback, bug reports are welcomed.

XDA:DevDB Information
Android VoIP Call Recording, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
boldbeast

Version Information

Created 2020-03-16
Last Updated 2020-03-16
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to boldbeast For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift boldbeast Ad-Free
16th March 2020, 05:27 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
reserved
16th March 2020, 05:27 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
reserved2
17th March 2020, 09:14 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I DO installed the fix module through magisk,but when I check callrecordingfix in this app,it keep saying “you have not installed the call recording fix module yet". Please help. My device are pixel 2xl and pixel 3axl with Android 10 rooted via magisk.
17th March 2020, 11:32 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilinhero

I DO installed the fix module through magisk,but when I check callrecordingfix in this app,it keep saying “you have not installed the call recording fix module yet". Please help. My device are pixel 2xl and pixel 3axl with Android 10 rooted via magisk.

Another user met the same problem on his Pixel 3a XL Android 10 phone, and he sent log files to me.
I'm checking the log files at this moment. It seems a file in CallRecordingFix is not executed when Magisk starts up. I'll fix it soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to boldbeast For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift boldbeast Ad-Free
17th March 2020, 11:43 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldbeast

Another user met the same problem on his Pixel 3a XL Android 10 phone, and he sent log files to me.
I'm checking the log files at this moment. It seems a file in CallRecordingFix is not executed when Magisk starts up. I'll fix it soon.

actually,the user who sent you log files and I are the same person.
The Following User Says Thank You to zilinhero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zilinhero Ad-Free
17th March 2020, 01:25 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 433

More
Can someone upload the fix here?It doesn't download for me also..
17th March 2020, 02:02 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos25k

Can someone upload the fix here?It doesn't download for me also..

wait 10 minutes,then you will find it
17th March 2020, 02:24 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

wait 10 minutes,then you will find it

its been 2 hours till now and nothing yet

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 5 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
17th March 2020, 02:33 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos25k

its been 2 hours till now and nothing yet

the fix module doesn't work now,I can send it to you when it works
The Following User Says Thank You to zilinhero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zilinhero Ad-Free
17th March 2020, 02:45 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

the fix module doesn't work now,I can send it to you when it works

Thanks mate.I have a suggestion though.Can someone make a similar mod that allows bluetooth headsets to work with such apps?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)