FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.4+] Android Wear GoPro Remote

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By hmrscr, Junior Member on 21st December 2014, 04:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Wear GoPro Remote is an Android Wear application that allows full control of a GoPro camera.

Some features are:
  • Change camera mode (Video, Photo, Burst, Time lapse)
  • Change video resolution and frame rate.a
  • Change Time lapse interval.
  • Fire shutter to take pictures, start/stop video and see a small preview of the picture taken.
  • Fire shutter by shaking your hand (Great for selfies).
  • Image gallery to browse images on Camera.
  • Set basic settings like Spot Meter, Beep volume, Upside down, LEDs.
  • Locate camera.
  • Power off/on camera.

Things to do
  • Make compatible with all GoPro models (currently tested on Hero3 White only).
  • Live preview on watch (Nice to have but not essential).
  • Improve UI design.
  • Test on round watches.
  • New icons.
  • Code documentation.
  • Correct battery indicator.
  • Autodetect GoPro WiFi password.
  • Unit tests.
  • Publish on Google Play.

Please feel free to suggest improvements, fixes, and enhancements and report any bug you found.

Open Source under Apache Software Licence at github.com \ hmrs-cr \ android-wear-gopro-remote

Version history:
  • v1.0-12 (01/10/2015):
    Maintenance release, no significant new features are included in this release.
    • Added Material Design Theme.
    • Added "first run dialog" to help configure GoPro WiFi settings.
    • Improved stability.
    • Fixed many "force close" issues.
    • Option to disable app start up when device connected to GoPro WiFi (disabled by default).
  • v1.0-11 (12/29/2014):
    Maintenance release, no significant new features are included in this release.
    • New launcher Icon.
    • Improved connection error handling between watch and phone.
    • Autoconfig GoPro WiFi name and password if phone connected to GoPro WiFi.
    • Added "Send Log" menu option to send logs and camera info to help diagnose issues.
  • v1.0-10 (12/21/2014):
    • First public release
Attached Files
File Type: apk WearGoProRemote_1.0-12.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.70 MB, 12648 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hmrscr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hmrscr Ad-Free

22nd December 2014, 03:34 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
This is awesome! I don't have android wear yet, but planning on getting a moto 360 soon. I have a Hero 4 Silver and was thinking this would be an extremely useful app to have on your wrist, thanks for your work, can't wait to try it out!
The Following User Says Thank You to Deathalo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deathalo Ad-Free
22nd December 2014, 05:02 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathalo

This is awesome! I don't have android wear yet, but planning on getting a moto 360 soon. I have a Hero 4 Silver and was thinking this would be an extremely useful app to have on your wrist, thanks for your work, can't wait to try it out!

Thanks, please keep in mind that I have tested this app only with the Hero3 White Edition, probably you will find issues with other models .
22nd December 2014, 07:02 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmrscr

Thanks, please keep in mind that I have tested this app only with the Hero3 White Edition, probably you will find issues with other models .

This is just what i thought was missing for the gopro.
I will be able to test it with a moto360 and a gopro hero4 silver in a couple of days and let you know the issues.
Thanks a lot for the work you've already done.
27th December 2014, 10:30 PM |#5  

More
Very Very Cool
Hey. This is a great idea and thanks for your hard work to develop it. I tried to get the app to work but I can only seem to view the images saved to my GoPro and cant operate any of the the features which you described.

I have my Note 4 connected to my GoPro Hero 3+ via wifi and my Samsung Wear Live connected to my Note 4 via Bluetooth. I cant seem to be able to connect to my GoPro with your app. Any suggestions?? Thx much.
30th December 2014, 03:11 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindasteelers

Hey. This is a great idea and thanks for your hard work to develop it. I tried to get the app to work but I can only seem to view the images saved to my GoPro and cant operate any of the the features which you described.

I have my Note 4 connected to my GoPro Hero 3+ via wifi and my Samsung Wear Live connected to my Note 4 via Bluetooth. I cant seem to be able to connect to my GoPro with your app. Any suggestions?? Thx much.

If you are able to see in your watch the images in your GoPro then that means that the connection between the GoPro and the phone and between the phone and the watch is working good. What do you see in your watch when trying to operate the camera?

I have released a new version with an option to send camera info and logs that will help me to understand the cause of issues like this. Please install the new version, connect your phone to the GoPro wifi network, open the App on the phone, selected the menu item "Send Log" and please send me that information with your favorite email app, you will be able to review the information that will be send or add anything you want.
31st December 2014, 01:39 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I can not connect my gopro hero 4 Silver to the App. The Problem is that the App is Searching for a Connection (screenshot 1) and after ~ 5 seconds, the app will close. If i connect Via Wifi to my gopro (Screenshot 2) the App will closes directly.

Sorry for my bad english
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-31-14-33-37.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	3091112   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-31-14-35-57.png
Views:	566
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	3091113  
31st December 2014, 08:10 PM |#8  

More
It's working.
Thanks for the response. I went back and checked all of the settings and noticed that I had entered the wrong password for the Gopro Wifi Settings. User error of course. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks again for cool app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmrscr

If you are able to see in your watch the images in your GoPro then that means that the connection between the GoPro and the phone and between the phone and the watch is working good. What do you see in your watch when trying to operate the camera?

I have released a new version with an option to send camera info and logs that will help me to understand the cause of issues like this. Please install the new version, connect your phone to the GoPro wifi network, open the App on the phone, selected the menu item "Send Log" and please send me that information with your favorite email app, you will be able to review the information that will be send or add anything you want.

2nd January 2015, 05:41 AM |#9  
Flag San Antonio, Texas
Thanks Meter: 819

More
Really cool. Next week I think I'll buy me a $125 g watch from amazon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
2nd January 2015, 06:56 AM |#10  

More
moto 360 and samsung note 3
Hello. I have problems the app forces close on the note 3 and i cant make a change. It just forces close.When I try to connect using the moto 360 I can see images from the gropro but cant make any changes. The the app on the watch says camera wifi not configured.
6th January 2015, 04:43 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnickersX

I can not connect my gopro hero 4 Silver to the App. The Problem is that the App is Searching for a Connection (screenshot 1) and after ~ 5 seconds, the app will close. If i connect Via Wifi to my gopro (Screenshot 2) the App will closes directly.

Sorry for my bad english

As I can see in screenshot 1, you haven't configured the WiFi settings, you need to set the "WiFi SSID" field with the name of your GoPro Wifi and "WiFi Password" with the WiFi password of your GoPro.

Also you can connect the phone to the GoPro WiFi and open the app, it will try to set the settings automatically for you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)