- Change the ID for a particular application
- Built-in random ID generator
- Validate the ID to prevent a potential system corruption
- Copy/Backup/Restore the device ID
- Export the applications list with IDs to a CSV file

Usage

Changing the ID for an app:
1. Install the "AndroidIDeditorV2" app.
2. Launch the editor and grant the superuser permission.
3. Choose an app you want to edit the ID from the list.
4. Enter a new ID or generate a random one. The ID must contain 16 digits or letters from A to F. It's case-insensitive.
5. Click "Save" to write the new ID.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for other apps if need to.
7. Reboot your device to apply the changes.

Report an issue

You can send an email from the app with the application logs, the `settings_ssaid.xml` file, and some device information that could help identify and fix the issue:
1. Click on the three dots icon at the top right corner and then select "Report an issue".
2. Choose your email client, and write a message if you have something to add.
3. Send the email.

Purchase the app

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230225_083431.png
    Screenshot_20230225_083431.png
    304.4 KB · Views: 247
  • Screenshot_20230225_083454.png
    Screenshot_20230225_083454.png
    240.8 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:

Dims_Camper

Oct 2, 2012
Animus
Works perfectly, thanks! Really useful for apps that backed up via titanium backup but still checks device id every time it's restored

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
HTC Desire
Google Nexus 4
Hey, I'm also trying to get LINE with all my chat history to my new phone. Did you get it to work for LINE? If yes, how?
Hey, I didn't try the Android ID trick. I used LINE's official procedure: https://guide.line.me/en/migration/

You do lose all your media (photos and videos) though, as the cloud backup (using GDrive) only restores text chats. You can save your media to your phone or on LINE's cloud before. It's not ideal and I wish we could do like before (using TiBu and restoring Android ID) to get everything back but this doesn't work on Android 9 and up apparently.

NumesSanguis

May 6, 2014
Hey, I didn't try the Android ID trick. I used LINE's official procedure: https://guide.line.me/en/migration/

You do lose all your media (photos and videos) though, as the cloud backup (using GDrive) only restores text chats. You can save your media to your phone or on LINE's cloud before. It's not ideal and I wish we could do like before (using TiBu and restoring Android ID) to get everything back but this doesn't work on Android 9 and up apparently.

Thank you for the quick reply. I don't want my private chats on Google Cloud, so I'm still trying to get the ROOT approach to work on Android 10.
My current issue, however, is that I cannot find `/data/system/users/0/settings_ssaid.xml` on my new phone (Android 10), but I could find the Android ID (SSAID) on that location on my old phone (Android 9). (Since Android 8, every app has it's own Android ID, instead of device-wide).

I succeeded when I upgraded the same phone from Android 7 to 9 (which LINE thought was a new phone).

If I'm successful, I'll post the steps I took here:
https://android.stackexchange.com/q...to-another-without-losing-friends-and-chat-hi

Last edited:

NumesSanguis

May 6, 2014
LINE data successfully transferred

It worked! LINE is receiving and sending messages from both phones ^-^ It took a bit of trial and error, but changing the Android ID still works.
On my new phone, I could find the Android ID in this location: `sbin/.magisk/mirror/data/system/users/0/settings_ssaid.xml`

Please see the question on stackexchange ^ for the steps I've taken.

Reactions: _raydroid

Xx-Ness-xX

Nov 15, 2010
Chicago
HTC One (m7)
i9100

It worked! LINE is receiving and sending messages from both phones ^-^ It took a bit of trial and error, but changing the Android ID still works.
On my new phone, I could find the Android ID in this location: `sbin/.magisk/mirror/data/system/users/0/settings_ssaid.xml`

Thanks for the detailed instructions, but I ended up delete all the entries in the naver_line -> setting. Letter sealing works without any issue on my PC, too!

Reactions: _raydroid
I have a question about this subject, and I'm hoping I can find an answer in here instead of creating another thread. The device I'm running experiments on is a rooted Moto e6 running Android 9.

What I'm trying to do is to put the Android ID of an older phone that has since been laid to rest onto this phone. As with most of these things, what I thought was an answer turned out to just lead to more questions and put me further back than I thought I was.

If you download your data, specifically Android Device Configuration Service, you'll get a list of all of the devices that have been on your account for I don't know how long.

At the top of each device page is a number that Google is claiming is the Android ID. It's a 15-digit number. I was under the impression that THAT is the true Android ID used to verify familiar devices since every time there is a factory reset, every other identifiable number stays the same, but not that one.

I used Total Commander's editor to pull up the xml file OP mentioned at the beginning and the hex-string in there is NOT a 15-digit number.

So, with that in mind, here are questions:
1. Which number is the Android ID which Google uses to verify familiar devices with accounts?
2. Or are they both correct and the hex string is an encoded version?
3. If that's the case, can someone show me how to do that? I don't have any background in computer languages, and of all the converters I have tried online, I haven't found one that works or I don't know what to convert it to.
4. If they are not related, and the15 digit number is the right one, where can I put it in so that it shows up as the Android ID?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

lioce

May 4, 2018
sdex.dev
[Android 12+, ROOT] Device ID changer V2 - edit application IDs

Screenshot_20230120_185430.pngScreenshot_20230120_185453.png

DESCRIPTION

This app is a reworked and updated version of my previous app to edit device IDs for Android 8+.
Prior to Android 12, the file with device IDs was in XML format. In Android 12 the system started to use a special binary format to store the data.
More information and technical details you can find on the app's page:
https://github.com/sdex/AndroidIDeditorV2

FEATURES

- List all applications with their personal Device ID

REQUIREMENTS

- Android 12 and above
- Root

REPORT AN ISSUE

The app has the option to send an email with some information about your device to help me to identify and fix issues.

## 1.3
- quickly copy the ID to the clipboard
- backup/restore the ID for any app
- add a shortcut to open the app info screen

## 1.2
- export IDs to a CSV file

## 1.1
- improve editing system ID
- add an option to reboot the device

## 1.0
- load apps and their IDs
- edit an app ID
- random ID generator

Last edited:

baraasoliman

Mar 4, 2023

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230413-223030_Brave.png
    Screenshot_20230413-223030_Brave.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 68

Indru

Oct 27, 2012
Hi,

App doesn't work for me, stays stuck here.

Screenshot_20231105-142854.jpg

How can I request a refund?

Thank you!

vikukoll

Dec 11, 2023
Works perfectly, thanks! Really useful for apps that backed up via titanium backup but still checks device id every time it's restored

Reactions: lioce

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Device ID Сhanger
    Current version: 2.2

Purchase the app

Features
    - List all applications with their Device ID

Usage

Changing the ID for an app:
    1. Install the "AndroidIDeditorV2" app.
    2. Launch the editor and grant the superuser permission.
    3. Choose an app you want to edit the ID from the list.
    4. Enter a new ID or generate a random one. The ID must contain 16 digits or letters from A to F. It's case-insensitive.
    5. Click "Save" to write the new ID.
    6. Repeat steps 3-5 for other apps if need to.
    7. Reboot your device to apply the changes.

Report an issue

You can send an email from the app with the application logs, the `settings_ssaid.xml` file, and some device information that could help identify and fix the issue:
    1. Click on the three dots icon at the top right corner and then select "Report an issue".
    2. Choose your email client, and write a message if you have something to add.
    3. Send the email.

Purchase the app

Thanks for the detailed instructions, but I ended up delete all the entries in the naver_line -> setting. Letter sealing works without any issue on my PC, too!
    bought it and work perfectly for my device ban
    please buy it guys so it keep updated