FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.3+][GPLv3] APKGrabber: Re-Release of APKUpdater

41 posts
Thanks Meter: 118

By dhemker, Member on 4th March 2019, 07:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
APKGrabber
APKGrabber is a fork of APKUpdater. Big thanks and of course all credits go to rumboalla.
I try to develop new features and maintain the software to stay available on latest android devices, but don't expect weekly updates.

For feature requests, issue tracking, new releases and all dev related stuff see my Github page.

License
Copyright © 2017 Rumboalla. Licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.
Readapted 2019 by hemker.

Contributors
hemker

Version Information
GitHub: latest
APKMirror: latest
Izzy F-Droid: latest

Created 2019-03-04
Last Updated 2019-03-22
The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to dhemker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dhemker Ad-Free

5th March 2019, 02:20 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 209

More
Thank You looking forward to a great app.
5th March 2019, 08:21 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks for owning the maintenance & upgrade of this beautiful app.

However, I have few issues related to APKGrabber
- Whenever, i click Ignore button, in a few seconds, I see a FC.
This is on Asus Zenfone Max pro m1, stock android, non-rooted, bootloader locked, non-twrped phone
Log option do not work all the time. i see an empty screen while i click on log from the right 3 vertical dots

- I would like to visit APKmirror instead of downloading from it.
Is it possible to provide an option to copy the link ( I mean click to download / Long hold to copy the link kind of option)
5th March 2019, 08:26 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbr_in

Thanks for owning the maintenance & upgrade of this beautiful app.

- I would like to visit APKmirror instead of downloading from it.
Is it possible to provide an option to copy the link ( I mean click to download / Long hold to copy the link kind of option)

I think if both methods ('old APKUpdater'; visit APKMirror and new APKGrabber; direct download) could be available as option in App preferences, that would be great and serve both needs.

//t
6th March 2019, 06:25 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsuominen

I think if both methods ('old APKUpdater'; visit APKMirror and new APKGrabber; direct download) could be available as option in App preferences, that would be great and serve both needs.

//t

Please add all dev related stuff to the GitHub issue tracker.
Btw, new release is out fixing/adding that stuff, see link above.

Best
Dennis
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dhemker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dhemker Ad-Free
6th March 2019, 07:47 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 366

More
Latest v1.1.3 says it is still v1.1.2 when installed and the update notification shows up.
6th March 2019, 08:34 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Thanks, fixed it now. Just download again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dhemker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dhemker Ad-Free
7th March 2019, 05:38 AM |#8  
Flag Oakland
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Hi,

Artem here from APKMirror. I'm glad someone revived APK Updater, so kudos on that!

However, the setting you added to directly download from the site now turns the app into a leech which uses up our bandwidth without giving so much as an ad or page view in return. We had an understanding with the previous author about this, and because of them we actively helped him with the fast API and did not block his app. This direct download addition to APKGrabber now, however, goes against all of that.

Please remove it, as it's against our terms of service.

Thank you for understanding.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Archon810 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Archon810 Ad-Free
7th March 2019, 05:30 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon810

Hi,

Artem here from APKMirror. I'm glad someone revived APK Updater, so kudos on that!

However, the setting you added to directly download from the site now turns the app into a leech which uses up our bandwidth without giving so much as an ad or page view in return. We had an understanding with the previous author about this, and because of them we actively helped him with the fast API and did not block his app. This direct download addition to APKGrabber now, however, goes against all of that.

Please remove it, as it's against our terms of service.

Thank you for understanding.

Hey,
sorry, didn't know about any agreements. New release is out, bringing back the old behavior. Furthermore, i deleted all previous artifacts containing that stuff.
@Archon810 is anybody actively maintaining the API? I would like to get in touch to propose some questions about it. That would help making APKGrabber an up-to-date, stable app.

Best
Dennis
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dhemker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dhemker Ad-Free
7th March 2019, 06:05 PM |#10  
Flag Oakland
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhemker

Hey,
sorry, didn't know about any agreements. New release is out, bringing back the old behavior. Furthermore, i deleted all previous artifacts containing that stuff.
@Archon810 is anybody actively maintaining the API? I would like to get in touch to propose some questions about it. That would help making APKGrabber an up-to-date, stable app.

Best
Dennis

Hey Dennis,

Thanks for the swift action. We have been hosting APK Updater on APKMirror (last release is https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/rumboa...-apk-download/), and I'm open to now hosting APKGrabber too, as it's getting updates. Would you like that?

Would you like to chat further about the API? PM me and we can connect on Telegram.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Archon810 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Archon810 Ad-Free
7th March 2019, 09:46 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 366

More
Nice to see a friendly community

Just want put it out there because there are bound to be some people who decide to take the ****... what happens if people don't bother updating to the version that removes the direct download feature?

I'm hoping some action can be taken without penalising the developer, having detrimental effects on APKMirror and the average user
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)