FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][8.0+] Ava Lockscreen - Lockscreen replacement with widget support!

1,730 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,756

By Jawomo, Senior Member on 1st August 2018, 05:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd August 2018, 07:56 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeophyteGS2

This is amazing work, paid for pro already. I recommend this to anybody!

That is if their device is compatible, unlike mine.

2nd August 2018, 08:13 PM |#12  
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawomo

You can swipe up to activate face unlock.

I understand that, but on the stock lockscreen I can use it just by waking up the device. It would be nice if it could be implemented to work the same with this lockscreen. Still using it as it is though
2nd August 2018, 08:17 PM |#13  
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,375

More
I have an original Pixel XL and and bought the Pro version but requested a refund shortly afterward. The Google Play Music widget does not show up when playing music, quick reply doesn't work, widgets don't show up when added....etc.
2nd August 2018, 08:20 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Oneplus 5t:
Sometimes the new Lockscreen appears, sometimes its the default OOS one.

Am I doing something wrong? I loved lockscreen widgets!
2nd August 2018, 09:11 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeophyteGS2

I understand that, but on the stock lockscreen I can use it just by waking up the device. It would be nice if it could be implemented to work the same with this lockscreen. Still using it as it is though

Thats not possible unfortunately. Thanks to google for blocking these apps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23

I have an original Pixel XL and and bought the Pro version but requested a refund shortly afterward. The Google Play Music widget does not show up when playing music, quick reply doesn't work, widgets don't show up when added....etc.

Not all music apps are supportes yet, but will.
Quick reply works peefectly here with whatsapp e.g.
For widgets you have to swipe right on lockscreen.
Hope it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealmac

Oneplus 5t:
Sometimes the new Lockscreen appears, sometimes its the default OOS one.

Am I doing something wrong? I loved lockscreen widgets!

This is controlled by the system. On my OP 3T its working fine. Cant do much about that unfortunately.
2nd August 2018, 11:01 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Double post
2nd August 2018, 11:11 PM |#17  
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thanks for this, it's great. It works almost flawlessly, sometimes the default lockscreen will appear for split second, but it's not an issue. A couple of things I noticed, sometimes I see the notification that I have chatheads on from Facebook Messenger, not sure which one to turn off so that doesn't appear at all, I'll screenshot it next time I see it, if it reappears. Also on Facebook Messenger the actual notification has Like, Mute and Reply options while the notification on Ava only shows Like.

Is there a chance that we can choose to have the widgets on the main page, along with the notifications. on tall phones like the S9+, I believe they can fit decently.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of the forementioned Messenger notification https://i.imgur.com/QB6FIg2.jpg
The Following User Says Thank You to Dante897 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dante897 Ad-Free
2nd August 2018, 11:15 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 397

More
I am contemplating upgrading to Oreo but not being able to put widgets on the lockscreen is one of the things that's holding me back. I currently use an Xposed module that does accomplish this on Nougat. However, The dev of the module is likely not upgrading the app to support Oreo. I was really glad to see this. So here's my question, Can I disable all the other settings and basically just have a widget on my lockscreen? I don't want a second window on my lockscreen swipe over to, All I want is to have a widget on my primary lockscreen window. I am still on Nougat and your app seems to target Oreo so I can't test this out myself yet. Also I am using Zooper to make my custom widgets. Will those work? Cheers and thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to SJD Ayy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SJD Ayy Ad-Free
3rd August 2018, 12:51 AM |#19  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Absolutely love the potential of the app.

Unfortunately I am not able to activate the lockscreen despite giving it any and all permissions. I've given the initial permission at the start of the app, set up a few other settings, but when I go to toggle the switch at the top right corner to enable it the app either crashes or switches to the lockscreen settngs. If im able to activate it and lock my phone nothing shows up and it's my regular lockscreen. I only use the fingerprint/PIN security as well.

My device is Huawei Mate 10 Pro (us warrenty version)
3rd August 2018, 01:02 AM |#20  
Anaheim
Thanks Meter: 126

More
This is a great app and I also have the same issues reported by others:
1. The original lock screen shows up for split second before Ava comes up
2. It requires 2 steps to login to the device. Usually pressing my finger on the lock screen would unlock it, but with Ava you have to scroll up. Luckily this can be circumvented by not opening the lock screen at all (press finger while screen is dark)
3. This one is the real deal-breaker for me. The notification access doesn't honor the "sensitive content" setting or lacking one. I'd say the best flow for notification access should be the following:
* If phone is locked, check the "sensitive content" setting
* If user is trying to access sensitive content, request authentication
* Non sensitive content can be accessed immediately (i.e. music player, weather, etc)
(EDIT)
4. This is less important issue, but choosing wallpaper should also invoke cropping or selecting which portion of the wallpaper to be used regardless of apps used
5. This is just a suggestion and not important at all:
* Add drag upwards as one of the "Launch By" for shortcuts
* Add date format to the Clock so we can have something like "Thu, Aug 2" or preferably write our own format
* Allow multiple widgets of the same kind. For example, I'd like to have a few tasker widget performing different tasks.

OTHER: I seem to be unable to tap on widget. I think I saw a message about it but can't remember what I need to do to allow it. Maybe add this to Help section?
The Following User Says Thank You to Contivity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Contivity Ad-Free
3rd August 2018, 02:35 PM |#21  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Bought it in my p20 Pro. It slows down the unlocking way too much and 1 in every 3 times, the original lockscreen appears as well. Should I expect the app to be faster in future releases?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)