FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.3+] BeHe Keyboard - Programming & Hacking

103 posts
Thanks Meter: 97

Post Reply Email Thread
Hello XDA,

I'm Vlad Todosin (aka Vlath) and maybe some of you know me for the development of the open-source browser BeHe ExploreR. Today I'm introducing to you a new open-source app, but this time a keyboard. I've tried many of the keyboards with special keys available on the market, but all of them have a downside (at least from my point of view) and that's the design and the ease of use. This is what inspired me to create BeHe Keyboard. This keyboard features three different keyboard faces (normal QWERTY, a D-PAD with special keys and a programming face). All of this faces can be changed with a touch of a button, this is what makes it easy to use as a default keyboard, without the need to switch between input methods when you want to do something new. Also, the arrow keys from the D-PAD face can be useful at regular typing.

So, with that being said, I'd let the app speak for itself. Remember, this is just the first version, more updates to come. I love to hear from you, so if you have any feature request, just post it here.

Also, BeHe Keyboard is open-source, so if you think that it's spying, go check the source, and you'll see it's NOT.

Contributors are welcome. BeHe Keyboard can be easily built with Android Studio, unlike the other open-source keyboards that are hard to build. My goal was to create a keyboard app that's useful and also easy to modify.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Vlath For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vlath Ad-Free

18th July 2017, 06:02 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
CHANGELOG FOR VERSION 1.0.1b:
- Fixed shift key bug. The double tap on the shift key was not working properly (was not setting locked caps). With this update, the bug is fixed.

Enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to Vlath For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vlath Ad-Free
18th July 2017, 03:05 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apkadvisor

check free apps for android mobile

Thanks for spamming on my thread. Unfortunately for you, I really don't care. Your post is going to be reported. By the way, for all those interested, this message was written with BeHe Keyboard
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vlath For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vlath Ad-Free
19th July 2017, 07:49 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandrake47

Sounds interesting. Will try it out, Vlath!

Thank you! Tell me what you think about it and if you have any suggestion, I'd love to hear it
22nd July 2017, 01:56 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Any feature requests for BeHe Keyboard?
23rd July 2017, 07:47 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlath

Any feature requests for BeHe Keyboard?

Yeah, more languages would be nice, like Swedish
The Following User Says Thank You to baxtex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift baxtex Ad-Free
23rd July 2017, 07:54 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxtex

Yeah, more languages would be nice, like Swedish

I'm doing my best to add multiple languages, thank you
24th July 2017, 02:52 AM |#9  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 311

More
It would be nice to have the option to enable the top number row on the standard keyboard layout.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajgftw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajgftw Ad-Free
24th July 2017, 08:29 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgftw

It would be nice to have the option to enable the top number row on the standard keyboard layout.

Thank you! That sounds really good, I'll add that in the next update
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vlath For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vlath Ad-Free
27th July 2017, 03:50 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Hi @Vlath Behe Keyboard looks very nice, although i think this some improvements.
Just some details and feature request.

* The keyboard don't show variants from some leters, work's with A (Á, etc), but not for N (ñ) by example.

* Check how looks for me the default Android Keyboard..
http://i.imgur.com/nh9Rkws.png
.. and so looks current Behe Keyboard
http://i.imgur.com/9OcNMRo.png

I like this uses less screen space than Android Keyboard, that is nice. but..

add some details like number upper letters, check Android Keyboard have Q(1) W(2) E(3) R(4) T(5) Y(6) U(7) I(8) O(9) P(0)

* add a bit more of design, is a bit "confusing" just view letters on a black space, make some dark gray buttons borders or something. again, compare with Android Keyboard

* I know this keyboard is specially for programming, but..
(check again the images) while Android Keyboard is moving a bit the screen, Behe Keybord is making the input text space an full text box.
I think this is wrong, or at least must be as an option.

Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to c-sanchez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift c-sanchez Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, free, keyboard, open-source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)