FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][5.0+] Blokada ad blocker [open source][without root][v4]

185 posts
Thanks Meter: 630

Post Reply Email Thread
11th September 2019, 04:11 PM |#2131  
Flag Београд (Beograd/Belgrade/Griechisch Weißenburg/Alba Graeca; Alba Bulgarica)
Thanks Meter: 2,176

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus.

Disable async DNS and data saver in Chrome.

Ah, as usually. Thanks.

11th September 2019, 06:14 PM |#2132  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 400

More
Quote:

Disable async DNS and data saver in Chrome.

Holy crap! Never would have thought about that at all. Great find, whomever discovered it and shared on FB.
12th September 2019, 09:09 AM |#2133  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Everything works now, except in my workplace (where they've built in some ridiculous network restrictions). I think it's DNS related but I'm not going to bother anymore. I have very bad mobile signal over there, which forces me to use their wifi.

As for private DNS, it was already automatic.

In any case, @deus , thank you for stepping in on Facebook, and for confirming that it's indeed a bad idea to whitelist an app just to get it to access the internet.
13th September 2019, 01:27 PM |#2134  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Has anyone else tried Blokada with Android 10? Is it working for you?
13th September 2019, 01:40 PM |#2135  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 637

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenoh

Has anyone else tried Blokada with Android 10? Is it working for you?

Hi,

yes, we have 20+ users with Android 10, Blokada works very well if you set "Private DNS" to 'Off'.
13th September 2019, 03:54 PM |#2136  
Thanks Meter: 955

More
I can confirm Blokada working fine on Android 10.
13th September 2019, 07:41 PM |#2137  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 400

More
Quote:

Hi,

yes, we have 20+ users with Android 10, Blokada works very well if you set "Private DNS" to 'Off'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giocarro

I can confirm Blokada working fine on Android 10.

Confirmed here as well, both 4.1.6 worked as well as 4.2 working now, in the capacity that I use it.
18th September 2019, 07:08 AM |#2138  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hello, Yesterday I installed Blokada v.4.2.1 (from F-droid) on my daughter's Samsung Galaxy A6, and noticed that the block lists are not downloaded, even if I select "download block lists now" from the menu.

I tried then downgrading to v. 4.1.6 (the same I have in my Galaxy A50), with the same result.

At the end, I added two lists manually (Cryptocoin and Energized Blue) and they seem to work well, however no other list had been downloaded do far.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance,
Massimo
18th September 2019, 07:53 AM |#2139  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max1234Ita

Hello, Yesterday I installed Blokada v.4.2.1 (from F-droid) on my daughter's Samsung Galaxy A6, and noticed that the block lists are not downloaded, even if I select "download block lists now" from the menu.

I tried then downgrading to v. 4.1.6 (the same I have in my Galaxy A50), with the same result.

At the end, I added two lists manually (Cryptocoin and Energized Blue) and they seem to work well, however no other list had been downloaded do far.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance,
Massimo

Hi, please try downloading the lists again. That particular problem has been addressed
18th September 2019, 07:39 PM |#2140  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Blokada cause lags
Hi, I really like Blokada, but I realized that it is casing massive lags of my phone for about 5 seconds. This lags happening only when my phone switching automatically from WiFi to 4G or otherwise. After I deleted Blokada, everything was fine. I tried also factory reset but it wasnt help

Can someone please help me, I have Galaxy S10+
18th September 2019, 07:45 PM |#2141  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Lags ? My phone feels way faster (Nokia 8.1). Sometime the app is paused. I think your problem belongs to Samsung. My brother's Samsung totally froze after installing. He had to use recovery for factory reset. He was most thankfull for my tip. My parents have Nokia 6.1 and are very happy.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adblocker, ads

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)