Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][5.0+] Blokada ad blocker [open source][without root][v4]

185 posts
Thanks Meter: 633

Post Reply Email Thread
21st September 2019, 05:26 AM |#2151  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Hello CarbonGTR, thnx for the reply. If you mean data lite = ON, i just checked it and it is on.

Out of curiosity, why do you think data saver of chrome might be the culprit here?
21st September 2019, 06:17 AM |#2152  
dans tes 22
Thanks Meter: 2,062

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oelapoel

Hello CarbonGTR, thnx for the reply. If you mean data lite = ON, i just checked it and it is on.

Out of curiosity, why do you think data saver of chrome might be the culprit here?

because this: https://blokada.org/docs/help.html#chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blokada

If you're using Google Chrome, you need to disable Data Saver and Async DNS. Google uses those two technologies by default and they interfere with Blokada's host blocking.

21st September 2019, 02:37 PM |#2153  
Flag (¬‿¬ )
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oelapoel

Yes i do. I've experienced it in the past. Please Switch of Data Lite.

User @laupuy has given an explanation too.
The Following User Says Thank You to CarbonGTR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CarbonGTR Ad-Free
21st September 2019, 06:01 PM |#2154  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Greetings,

I would like to ask about latest version of blokada 4

There is 2 version about it,

4.20 from blokada.org
4.21 from f-droid.org

What change/new stuff from 4.20 to 4.21 ?

Latest log version is 4.20 only, cant find 4.21.

Also blokada.org apk and f-droid.org have different package name, i was tried to update it from 4.20 to 4.21 but it failed cuz of that different package name.

Blokada 4.20 (org.blokada.origin.alarm)
Blokada 4.21 (org.blokada.alarm)

Any info ?

Thanks
21st September 2019, 11:17 PM |#2155  
Flag Београд (Beograd/Belgrade/Griechisch Weißenburg/Alba Graeca; Alba Bulgarica)
Thanks Meter: 2,218

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by u-n-k-n-o-w-n

Greetings,

I would like to ask about latest version of blokada 4

There is 2 version about it,

4.20 from blokada.org
4.21 from f-droid.org

What change/new stuff from 4.20 to 4.21 ?

Latest log version is 4.20 only, cant find 4.21.

Also blokada.org apk and f-droid.org have different package name, i was tried to update it from 4.20 to 4.21 but it failed cuz of that different package name.

Blokada 4.20 (org.blokada.origin.alarm)
Blokada 4.21 (org.blokada.alarm)

Any info ?

Thanks

Using the search function you'll find the discussion about it, e.g. https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...4/post79995048

tl:dr; The f-droid version does not use any closed source libraries. So the code may be modified to get it compiled. Hence another version nr.
22nd September 2019, 01:39 PM |#2156  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest4711

Using the search function you'll find the discussion about it, e.g. https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...4/post79995048

tl:dr; The f-droid version does not use any closed source libraries. So the code may be modified to get it compiled. Hence another version nr.

Thanks for Info
24th September 2019, 02:43 PM |#2157  
Thanks Meter: 136

Donate to Me
More
Hello,

I have suspicion that custom DNS switch actualy doesnt work.
I have AD Guard DNS set on my home network, so kids wont get any ads and my network is clean ....

.... on my phone I use blokada 4 and I have switch for custom DNS switched ON and selected CloudFlare DNS.
I have disabled ad block for particular apps (whitelist inside blokada), for some reasons, but this aps doesnt receive any ads at all while Im at home on my WIFI, once I turn wifi OFF and I go through data, everything works (apps are whitelisted and receives ads).

I assume my phone, once connected to my WIFI, still use AD guard DNS on my network instead of CloudFlare's from blokada .....

any help please ?
thank you
24th September 2019, 06:48 PM |#2158  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 669

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krustak

Hello,

I have suspicion that custom DNS switch actualy doesnt work.
I have AD Guard DNS set on my home network, so kids wont get any ads and my network is clean ....

.... on my phone I use blokada 4 and I have switch for custom DNS switched ON and selected CloudFlare DNS.
I have disabled ad block for particular apps (whitelist inside blokada), for some reasons, but this aps doesnt receive any ads at all while Im at home on my WIFI, once I turn wifi OFF and I go through data, everything works (apps are whitelisted and receives ads).

I assume my phone, once connected to my WIFI, still use AD guard DNS on my network instead of CloudFlare's from blokada .....

any help please ?
thank you

Hi,
Sure, it's expected as the DNS, in your case isn't provided/delegated to the device, but you point directly to AdGuard, which means, the device (phone) connects to the router and that sends the requests to resolve directly to AdGuard.
24th September 2019, 07:05 PM |#2159  
Thanks Meter: 136

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus.

Hi,
Sure, it's expected as the DNS, in your case isn't provided/delegated to the device, but you point directly to AdGuard, which means, the device (phone) connects to the router and that sends the requests to resolve directly to AdGuard.

I think you didn't understand the problem here clearly. I would expect device to use blokada dns once I switch to use cloud flare in app, not the dns provided by network it self
25th September 2019, 12:41 AM |#2160  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
It is obvious that you will not be able to use a DNS over another DNS (More when these DNS has specific settings, there are probably requests that are processed by the application but by the DNS are rejected). It could work with mobile data (make sure the DNS settings are empty or with a default setting). What you should do is disable that DNS and use a custom blacklist for ads.
25th September 2019, 06:14 AM |#2161  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 669

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krustak

I think you didn't understand the problem here clearly. I would expect device to use blokada dns once I switch to use cloud flare in app, not the dns provided by network it self

OK, so just to validate if I'm right, turn off AdGuard on your wifi and check what happens.
Or set the default DNS on your phone and check what IPs it gets as default DNS.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adblocker, ads

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)